Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 13:50   #61
Team-BHP Support

Davangere Benne Dosa ride.

With a new bike at home, one doesn't need any reasons to go out for a ride. However, I still made one up - to try the famous Davangere Benne Dosa, the original one.

One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-img20170205wa0018_800.jpg

550 kms for breakfast does sound ridiculous, but 'rbp' joined with his Ninja 650 as well. Started from home around 5:40 AM, and was back by around 1:10 PM. The roads were a bit boring and arrow straight four lanes for the most part, but it did help us maintain a good average speed and get back home before lunch.

The Route -
One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-untitled2.jpg

Taking a breather post sunrise -
One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-img_20170206_122149_800.jpg

Ninja does a better job of posing for the cam -
One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-img_20170206_122249_800.jpg

Sri Guru Kottureshwara Butter Dosa Hotel, Davanagere -
One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-img20170205094509_800.jpg

Machines get fuel and a well deserved break, while we take a restroom break at Davangere -
One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-img20170205101801_800.jpg

548.6 kms ride, average fuel efficiency of 20.9 kmpl. Odo stands at 3796 kms -
One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-img20170205133812_800.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 14:16   #62

re: One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thank you.

Welcome to the gang.

Hope you are added to the Versys whatsapp groups already.

Did you book at the Kawasaki showroom itself? There is a Bajaj - Kawasaki split happening (rumour, but can't be false info), so there might be some delays.
Thank You CD. Looking forward to meet the Versys Gang. especially the Bangalore chapter.
I am not yet in the Whatsapp group as i am not sure how and who will add me to it.
You are right about Bajaj-Kawasaki split as these guys are moving out of Indiranagar to Langford road (New Address: Rideventur, 35/8, Langford Road Bangalore-25). Apparently New showroom will have one floor for CBU and one floor for CKD. One point of contact for Service for all of Karnataka.

Though they are moving, they said that the delivery will be done in 25-30 days. So i am hoping March first week delivery. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Prajeesh Nambiar
gprajeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 14:27   #63
Team-BHP Support

re: One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprajeesh View Post
I am not yet in the Whatsapp group as i am not sure how and who will add me to it.
Since Team Bhp doesn't allow PMs for newbie members, I have sent an email. Please whatsapp me on that number, and I'll request the admins to add you.

Quote:
You are right about Bajaj-Kawasaki split as these guys are moving out of Indiranagar to Langford road (New Address: Rideventur, 35/8, Langford Road Bangalore-25). Apparently New showroom will have one floor for CBU and one floor for CKD. One point of contact for Service for all of Karnataka.
That's great. I heard the new showroom is in Langford road, but didn't have these many details. Thank you.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 14:48   #64
BHPian

Belated congratulations @CrAzY dRiVeR for the v650 & thanks for the detailed review. mobike008's & few other reviews of Versys 650 (including your review) have made the Versys enter into my good books (read wishlist).
Sportztourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 17:28   #65

Quote:
Since Team Bhp doesn't allow PMs for newbie members, I have sent an email. Please whatsapp me on that number, and I'll request the admins to add you.

That's great. I heard the new showroom is in Langford road, but didn't have these many details. Thank you.
You are welcome Sujay (hope i got your name correctly) I got this information during booking. Not sure if this will be an issue for servicing as there are lot more of KTM service centres across Karnataka which could have benefitted Kawasaki owners as well.

PS: I am yet to get the email and will whatsapp as soon as i receive email. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 7th February 2017, 09:56   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With a new bike at home, one doesn't need any reasons to go out for a ride. However, I still made one up - to try the famous Davangere Benne Dosa, the original one.
Nice! I too can go to any distance for good food

Not a fan of Benne Dosa but, I like Rawa Dosa (only if it's made properly) and is dry (non-oily) and crispy

Quote:
548.6 kms ride, average fuel efficiency of 20.9 kmpl. Odo stands at 3796 kms -
Initially I got good mileage around 25kmpl and once or twice even 29kmpl but, it later settled down to 21kmpl

Even If i give it the stick it wont fall below 21kmpl !!!

Quote:
Completely agree with sps. Thanks to Avi and Crazy Driver and their awesome updates, I too took the plunge and booked Versys 650 on last Saturday
Congratulations gprajeesh!!! Welcome to the V gang. Start a piggy bank for "Petrol" as you will be spending a lot on it as getting of the saddle of V is a hard decision
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 13:01   #67
BHPian

Just a question, How many Versys have been sold till now in India?
Old 7th February 2017, 14:30   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Just a question, How many Versys have been sold till now in India?
If I recall correctly, last I saw was #188 in the V group so a safe assumption is about 200 units sold in the last 1 year

There are many V owners not on the group or have left due to personal reasons
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:57   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If I recall correctly, last I saw was #188 in the V group so a safe assumption is about 200 units sold in the last 1 year

There are many V owners not on the group or have left due to personal reasons
Wow a pretty strong number of the V owners. So any person buying the V, gets in to the V owner's whatsapp group right ? Is it a national group or location wise chapter? I mean like Mumbai Chapter, Bangalore Chapter so on and so forth.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 16:23   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow a pretty strong number of the V owners. So any person buying the V, gets in to the V owner's whatsapp group right ? Is it a national group or location wise chapter? I mean like Mumbai Chapter, Bangalore Chapter so on and so forth.
That's correct. Folks who bought it or have booked it gets into the group

We don't believe in that Harley style Mumbai, Bangalore chapter etc and don't want to promote it like that. It's ONE-INDIA CHAPTER (Any V owner from India)

I'm a firm believer of just riding to enjoy riding and encourage all brands to join for our rides in Hyderabad (as long as they can keep up or are faster) not get into all this hog-wash of Brands, Chapters, Medals and other such mumbo-jumbo

Another important thing for me personally, I dont like to ride with random people. I enjoy riding only with friends whom I know well and meet them apart from rides too
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 16:37   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow 20K kms already !

Assuming that your V650 would have already undergone 3-4 service intervals, could you please share the service costs including break-ups? Any niggles or issues to report?

Any idea how will the aftersales will be affected cost-wise after the Kawasaki-KTM split? I guess Kawasaki service is expensive due to higher labour costs when compared to KTM.
Quote:
Woah! 20,000kms in 8 Months is phenomenal.

Get a me a job or moolah that lets you do this

How about sharing the plus and minus points of your experience till 20K kms? It would be a great insight to a few of us who are million miles away from that milestone

And BTW, in case you decide to share it and hoping you would (a nice detailed post) be brutal with your feedback as that's what we like out here on the forum !!!
Okay, I will work on an extremely factual ownership status. I've been debating this for a very long time. Will get all my service records in place too. Maybe over this week-end.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 10:45   #72
Team-BHP Support

Meanwhile, my 'Black Panther' goes on the cover of the global Versys FB page.

One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-untitled1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportztourer View Post
Belated congratulations @CrAzY dRiVeR for the v650
Thank you.

Quote:
Not sure if this will be an issue for servicing as there are lot more of KTM service centres across Karnataka which could have benefitted Kawasaki owners as well.
Servicing will be an issue during the initial days. I doubt Karnataka would get more than 3 service centers (Guessing Mysore and Mangalore) for the long run as well, given the numbers that Kawasaki does.

But the quality of service at these centers might be better, because of dedicated Kawasaki mechanics, rather than the KTM mechanics who get to work on Kawasaki machines occassionally.
Quote:
Nice! I too can go to any distance for good food
Mostly my next ride will be food related as well. Its been a long time since I've been craving to go to one of my favourite restaurants in Coorg, for lunch.

Quote:
There is a very talkative All-India group as Avi mentioned. But we also do have groups for cities like Bangalore, given the higher number of Versys owners. Its not a formal setup like Harley chapters etc, but just adds to the convenience of discussions, organizing meets etc, instead of spamming the India group for the same.

I'm yet to get the response from Prajeesh. He can be the prestigious 50th member of the Bangalore group if he acts fast.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th February 2017 at 10:52.
Old 8th February 2017, 13:19   #73

Quote:

I'm yet to get the response from Prajeesh. He can be the prestigious 50th member of the Bangalore group if he acts fast.
Hey Sujay i will be most happy to be the 50th member. I am yet to get your email otherwise i am all in.
gprajeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 16:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, my 'Black Panther' goes on the cover of the global Versys FB page.

Attachment 1605892
Congrats on the Black Panther going global. I think that pic does deserve its. Its beautifully clicked. The more I read your thread, the more I am inclined to pick the Versys. But for that need to sell off my CBR 250R so that I can afford the Versys and give it justice.

Last edited by kailashnj : 8th February 2017 at 16:58.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 03:45   #75
Team-BHP Support

Since the Versys is my first big motorcycle, there are a few lessons I realized very fast. A friend pointed me to this Overdrive article today, and I couldnt help but admire the honesty in his words, and the whole straight forward nature of it.

A must read for anyone looking to buy a bigger bike -
http://m.overdrive.in/features/buyin...-need-to-know/

It's also interesting to note that Shumi has personally been very much influenced by the Versys. It is evident that the bike has been an eye opener of sorts for him, and he has upgraded to the best possible bike in a similar category of bikes - the Multistrada 1200S. Wishing him all the best and hoping to read more of his honest write-ups.

Quote:
Hey Sujay i will be most happy to be the 50th member. I am yet to get your email otherwise i am all in.
Seems like no option to PM nor email. Please message me on XXXXXX. Let me know soon as you see the post, so I'll request the kind moderators to delete the number from the post.

Quote:
Congrats on the Black Panther going global. I think that pic does deserve its. Its beautifully clicked.
Thank you once again. Luckily was at the right place, at the right time.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th February 2017 at 09:05. Reason: edited to remove phone number
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks