Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2017, 11:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
The authentic source is the press release from DSK Benelli India that quotes
"Press Release: DSK Benelli underlines its leadership position in the superbike industry by ending 2016 on a high- Sold 711 units in the demonetization period"

The term superbike as per their press release is,
"The brand owns the most diverse product portfolio comprising superbikes ranging from 250cc to 1131cc at lucrative price points. DSK Benelli has multiple bestselling superbikes in its product portfolio, including TNT 600i, TNT 25, and TNT 300. Four more products are in the pipeline, and are expected to be launched in 2017."

P.S. I am not a Benelli fan.
Press launches can be taken at goodwill and at face value.

Superbikes..?? well it's open for debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
If 250 CC is the entry barrier to Super bikes club, then the mantle of India's number one superbike brand should reside with none other than Royal Enfield.

--Anoop

Touche

Last edited by payeng : 15th February 2017 at 11:53.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 11:55   #17
BHPian

Re: Benelli does a Ducati - 750cc naked sports bike spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Press launches can be taken at goodwill and at face value.

Superbikes..?? well it's open for debate
Agree. The term superbike does not have a clear definition and every manufacturer has its own way of using this term.
If Benelli considers TNT25 as a superbike then KTM Duke 390 also falls in the same category.
Old 15th February 2017, 12:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
Agree. The term superbike does not have a clear definition and every manufacturer has its own way of using this term.
Terms like Superbike and SUVs are thrown around so loosely now. Don't know if there is a clear definition.
Some recent examples- KUV - The Young SUV, Creta - The Perfect SUV
Kiterunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 15:40   #19
BHPian

Since the post has digressed to Super bikes, the way I know is this:
Superbike is any high performance bike having having more than 850cc for a twin and more than 750cc for a 4 cylinder bike. Honda being the first to coin this term with their VF and CB bikes (don't quote me on this am not sure.
So by these standards Benelli does not qualify to be superbikes but who can stop manufacturers from using the words as they please.
As regards the service intervals: Can any owners enlighten us if there is any warranty lapse clause if the bikes are not sent for servicing as per prescribed odo readings, cause in my opinion if you are using high quality 4T oils from companies like Mobil,Shell or Castrol and you are an average rider using the bike in a sane manner the service intervals can be 7 to 8000km.
The real pinch will be the replacement parts if they are required, again some owners can enlighten us about these costs for the Benelli.
cjt2012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 18:30   #20
BHPian

I just noticed the raw tank line seem (bottom), Its completely exposed or rather hints at a full faired version also making an entry pretty soon. Let's just hope Benelli stops at this.
Old 15th February 2017, 19:26   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt2012 View Post
Can any owners enlighten us if there is any warranty lapse clause if the bikes are not sent for servicing as per prescribed odo readings.
Not an owner, but I had clarified the same from Benelli dealership in Bangalore that service intervals need to be met and have to be done at authorized centers itself every 4 months, for the warranty and extended warranty to be applicable.
Old 15th February 2017, 19:36   #22
BHPian

Well, calling this a "copy" of the Monster is like saying the Monster is a "copy" of the Brutale and we all agree that they don't look anything like each other! I think the 750 looks brilliant.
One thing I do know is we cannot just jump to any conclusions regarding the "cheap" and the "Chinese" bits of the bike. I had a similar mindset about the 600i but when I saw it up close, there was hardly anything cheap and Chinese about it. Hoping that it'll be slotted below the 600i on the account of this being a twin.
Regarding the "superbike" bit, it depends on the individual. I would say anything above 1000cc is a superbike and my colleagues believe I ride a superbike - a Ninja 250R!
Old 17th February 2017, 17:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Well, calling this a "copy" of the Monster is like saying the Monster is a "copy" of the Brutale and we all agree that they don't look anything like each other! I think the 750 looks brilliant.
One thing I do know is we cannot just jump to any conclusions regarding the "cheap" and the "Chinese" bits of the bike. I had a similar mindset about the 600i but when I saw it up close, there was hardly anything cheap and Chinese about it. Hoping that it'll be slotted below the 600i on the account of this being a twin.
Regarding the "superbike" bit, it depends on the individual. I would say anything above 1000cc is a superbike and my colleagues believe I ride a superbike - a Ninja 250R!

Look Closer and you will see the fit finish or the lack of it [PS: Compare it to Japanese bikes atleast not PULSAR etc]

The bikes sounds amazing, but then that's not all in a bike
Old 18th February 2017, 09:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post
Look Closer and you will see the fit finish or the lack of it [PS: Compare it to Japanese bikes atleast not PULSAR etc]

The bikes sounds amazing, but then that's not all in a bike
What's you point here, mate? Neither did I compare the Benelli to a Pulsar or a Japanese equivalent nor did I say it sounds good, therefore the best bike in the world.
Old 18th February 2017, 16:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Well, calling this a "copy" of the Monster is like saying the Monster is a "copy" of the Brutale and we all agree that they don't look anything like each other!

I first thing that came to my mind on seeing this was "Ducati Monster".

Can't miss the obvious similarity here
Old 20th February 2017, 13:01   #26
BHPian

Well one can see the resemblance of a monster in this for sure...! Other than that I think it should be a good motorbike considering its a twin and its naked...!
Are Benellis really that hard to maintain or is it some "I've heard it" thing? Even Ducatis once upon a time had a terrible reputation of breaking down, leaking fluids and generally being noisy...not that much has changed so why target Benelli?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks