Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2017, 09:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Is it just me or anyone else also thinks that this could've been the perfect platform to launch G310R?
I strongly believe, no!

Why? Because G310R is more mass market vehicle than any of these, and the current number of dealerships are not going to do justice for the numbers they would want to achieve from this. Always better to establish the network while selling the more premium models first.

Secondly - G310R will face the toughest competition from among all the bikes in their lineup. Infact, I personally don't expect it to be a seller, for multiple reasons - primary one being the KTM twins. A half hearted launch only in select cities is the last thing they would want, where the product is announced a failure even before the dealer network is able to spread across the country.

Will it remain relevant in 2018 when the finally plan to launch it? I doubt that either. But its not the 310R that I'm looking forward to, but the adventure version of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Here is the pricing information shared by a member of my biker's group.Attachment 1624083
Which makes the GS a big hit, if they are able to achieve this pricing. Infact, hearing rumours of bulk bookings being done by members of premium biking groups.

Ducati Multistrada, Triumph Tiger, Kawasaki Versys 1000, Honda Africa Twin - All better watch out!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th March 2017 at 09:56.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 10:27   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here's the Mumbai invite - big thanks to V12 for sharing!

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-whatsapp-image-20170328-12.41.36.jpeg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:04   #18
BHPian

Somehow I don't want to believe the discussed price of GS and GSA, may be because I paid double of this in 2015! Disappointed no, this will also means the spares and accessories cost will be proportionate to final bike cost and made easily available via dealer channel rather than personal import

-Pramod
Old 29th March 2017, 12:44   #19
Team-BHP Support

One point probably missed on this thread is that new MD of BMW India is EX- Harley India MD - Vikram Pawah, so I am sure BMW Motorrad will be able to do much higher numbers and may use his contacts with Harley Dealers to venture into BMW and even support existing BMW Car Dealers to start selling bikes.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th March 2017 at 12:48.
Old 29th March 2017, 12:49   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
One point missed on this thread is that new MD of BMW India is EX- Harley India MD - Vikram Pawah, so I am sure BMW Motorrad will be able to do much higher numbers and may use his contacts with Harley Dealers to venture into BMW and even support existing BMW Car Dealers to start selling bikes.
Existing harley dealer in bangalore now has the bmw dealership here. I would expect the same to continue for the other cities too.
Old 29th March 2017, 13:57   #21
BHPian

I heard BMW has started making some of their models in Thailand?

Will these bikes come from there ? If so they will be CBUs I guess.

Please get the F800GS soon
Old 29th March 2017, 14:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Is it just me or anyone else also thinks that this could've been the perfect platform to launch G310R?

People would've seen the bike being launched with legendary BMW superbikes and that would've rubbed off on the customers in a very good way.

Aspirational brand value is something which bikes like KTM and Bajaj absolutely don't have.
On one hand, I feel that delay in launching the 310 is excessive, given the fact that the opposition is gaining horsepower year on year just like my tummy size, whereas the 310 figures will sit at the same figure for a decade for sure.

However, the other side of the coin is that if the launch is delayed and the big bikes are launched first, then we get:
- a pre-established service centre and spares distribution channel
- Feedback and early defects from early adopters abroad, which BMW could fix before launching here.
- Presence of legends like the GS, and S1000RR in the same showroom where the 310, to create that extra brand pull in addition to the already prestigious bmw brand name.
(In case they are a bit out of touch, they can be educated how the S1000RR thrashed each and every bike on the planet when it came out ).
Old 29th March 2017, 20:31   #23
BHPian

With BMW Motorrad making an official entry in India, I would love to see few bikes available here:
1. F650 model line up
2. F800 model line up
3. And the 310

Is there any official website yet released? The only link is http://www.motorrad-navnitmotors.in/ which is old.
Old 6th April 2017, 13:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

BMW Motorrad to start Indian operations with 3 dealerships

BMW Motorrad will be stepping into the Indian two-wheeler market with the launch of its CBU range of bikes on April 14, 2017. The company has decided to start its Indian operations with 3 dealerships, located in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore.

The Mumbai showroom will be operated by Navnit Motors, which has been privately importing BMW bikes in India for a fairly long time. The dealership is expected to be inaugurated on April 12, 2017. It is located at the New Link Road in Andheri West.

The Pune dealership will be run by Bavaria Motors and will be inaugurated on April 14. Meanwhile, the Bangalore dealership will be located at the Lavelle Road and has been taken up by Tusker motorcycles. BMW will continue to expand its dealership network in the near future, with the next showroom expected to be opened in Delhi-NCR.

Source: Car and Bike
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 13:54   #25
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
BMW Motorrad to start Indian operations with 3 dealerships

BMW Motorrad will be stepping into the Indian two-wheeler market with the launch of its CBU range of bikes on April 14, 2017. The company has decided to start its Indian operations with 3 dealerships, located in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore.

The Mumbai showroom will be operated by Navnit Motors, which has been privately importing BMW bikes in India for a fairly long time. The dealership is expected to be inaugurated on April 12, 2017. It is located at the New Link Road in Andheri West.

The Pune dealership will be run by Bavaria Motors and will be inaugurated on April 14. Meanwhile, the Bangalore dealership will be located at the Lavelle Road and has been taken up by Tusker motorcycles. BMW will continue to expand its dealership network in the near future, with the next showroom expected to be opened in Delhi-NCR.

Source: Car and Bike
The Pune Motorrad dealership is located at Naylor Road next to Hotel Conrad towards Oakwood Residences.

Work is going on in full swing ahead of the launch on 14th April 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_0087.jpg  

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_0086.jpg  

//M is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 15:07   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

A little birdie tells me that Cochin is getting its own BWM Motorrad showroom later this year via the EVM group which incidentally is behind the soon to be inaugurated Ducati Cochin showroom.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 15:46   #27
BHPian

This is the BMW Showroom in Bangalore. Right next to the Tusker Harley showroom. A friend sent in this picture last week on WhatsApp.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-whatsapp-image-20170401-10.43.35-am.jpeg  

Coplay is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 14:59   #28
BHPian

The prices have been revealed.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-bmw.jpg  

coolrain is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 15:26   #29
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The above pic is slightly blurred so for the convenience of all readers, here's a clear pic of the Motorrad pricelist :
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_0138.jpg  

//M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 17:16   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Kick ass pricing. But the service bills are going to knock you straight out of this universe. Apparently prices for servicing follow a global point system for all bmw dealers everywhere, thus making it uniform.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks