Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2020, 20:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z650 launched at Rs. 5.19 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post

Just wanted to know whether its a good idea to do the service anyways now or defer it for another month or two. I don't want to lose my warranty but at the same time I feel its useless to do the service when the running is so less.

The bike is in perfect working condition as I do ride it a few kms every week to keep it in running. TIA
Don't skip or delay the service schedule buddy. I can probably understand the pain though as my Aprilia SR150 had a quarterly service schedule and I ended up with 8 services in two years while the ODO was close to 7 or 8 k kms (on an average below 1k kms per service and sometimes even just 500 kms between services) at the end of last service all just to keep the warranty intact. And the warranty did come in handy when there was a sudden unexpected costly component failure on a perfectly fine running machine which made all those services worthwhile. As advised, just get the minimum work done to retain the warranty which usually is just the engine oil and filters replacement but may differ slightly for big bikes.

Last edited by camitesh : 11th August 2020 at 20:05. Reason: Added details
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 20:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Don't skip or delay the service schedule buddy. I can probably understand the pain though as my Aprilia SR150 had a quarterly service schedule and I ended up with 8 services in two years while the ODO was close to 7 or 8 k kms (on an average below 1k kms per service and sometimes even just 500 kms between services) at the end of last service all just to keep the warranty intact. And the warranty did come in handy when there was a sudden unexpected costly component failure on a perfectly fine running machine which made all those services worthwhile. As advised, just get the minimum work done to retain the warranty which usually is just the engine oil and filters replacement but may differ slightly for big bikes.
Yes that makes sense. It's just painful to spend 6k when I have ridden just 1000 kms. :(

But yes if any issues in future it could be a lot more expensive than 6k to fix that.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:46   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

On road price in Kerala is a pretty steep Rs 7.90 L. I dont have the breakup but it is as per the update from the local dealer. Yikes!
Old 24th August 2020, 17:12   #34
BHPian

How the heck does 5.94l become 8l! :O

Crazy taxation. Simply not worth it for what is basically a commuter bike.

I am very happy with my older model but upto 6l it's worth it. More than that and its hard to justify it's cost when much better bikes are available for just a little more.
Old 24th August 2020, 22:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
On road price in Kerala is a pretty steep Rs 7.90 L. I dont have the breakup but it is as per the update from the local dealer. Yikes!
It was 6.8 L at this time last year. That's why I looked at seconds and picking up a less than an year old model, that too the Ninja at almost 20-25% depreciation. KA and KL have crazy road taxes though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks