Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 20:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Along with these new bikes, does anyone know when 2017 manufactured Panigale 959's will be available in showrooms? Even if you place an order now, the dealerships will only get new stock of 2016 manufactured 959s. The Ducati dealership in Cochin unfortunately (for potential buyers that is) is refusing to drop prices for 2016 manufactured 959s even though we are into the second half of the calendar year .

I hope someone from Ducati is reading this!
Doesn't this make them pre-bs4 bikes? If so they can't be registered currently, or where they bs4 certified from the start?
Old 4th July 2017, 22:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Doesn't this make them pre-bs4 bikes? If so they can't be registered currently, or where they bs4 certified from the start?
The 959 was designed to be Euro 4 compliant from day 1 and hence the double exhausts that caused the world to cringe at the design. While Ducati have had to temporarily take the M821, Diavel and Scrambler off their showrooms due to non Euro 4 compliance, the 959 continued to be on sale, albeit with 2016 manufactured bikes.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 02:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Any idea of the Desert Sled will be relaunched? IMHO that is a significant vehicle for India as it offers good rough-road capability on a vehicle with a proven Ducati engine with relatively fewer electronic controls (? dunno).

It may not be a hard-core off-roader, but then nobody in their senses would take a temperamental italian too far from civilisation. The Desert Sled, from what I have heard, should be able to deal with our terrible roads and some trails. Its a bike I am considering for use in India, hence the query.
Old 5th July 2017, 11:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

IMO - launching at these prices is one side of the coin - the nice side. Maintenance and service costs are the dark side for most brands and ducati sits right there at top. Sometimes i strongly feel the urge to indugle myself coz the entry price looks within reach (with loans of course) but then clocking serious kms will mean the next stage of spends that just seem too irrational at this moment. This segment will be considered mature and main stream (read people with loans getting in) when the cost of ownership isnt so prohibitive anymore.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 21:10   #20
BHPian

I am picking up my multistrada 950 tomorrow. Has anyone else booked it? Just wondering if we have some MS950 company here in TBHP
Old 9th August 2017, 00:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I spoke to your friend during the Motorrad launch event, he mentioned that the Multistrada gave hell lot of quality issues so he sold it off for the ZX14R. He didn't discuss the issues in length, but bhpian HappySmiles also mentioned that some of his rider buddies are facing similar issues with the made-in-Thailand Multi and Diavel.

So it doesn't looks like a one-off case. Maybe one/two batches of motorcycles were affected by some supplier cycle parts.

It would be great if Ducati owners in the forum (Shubz, sen2009) could highlight the niggling issues (if any) that the fellow Ducatista/Ducatisti are facing.
Sorry for the late reply on this.

I have ridden my Monster 821 about 3500 KM till now and have not faced any issues at all. There was a fork oil leak during the first month and at was sorted out immediately. Other than that no issues as such.

Among my ducati riding buddies, didn't come across much niggle incidences yet.
sen2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 10:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
IMO - launching at these prices is one side of the coin - the nice side. Maintenance and service costs are the dark side for most brands and ducati sits right there at top. Sometimes i strongly feel the urge to indugle myself coz the entry price looks within reach (with loans of course) but then clocking serious kms will mean the next stage of spends that just seem too irrational at this moment. This segment will be considered mature and main stream (read people with loans getting in) when the cost of ownership isnt so prohibitive anymore.
Have you checked on the service intervals / service cost etc and averaged it / compared it with other bike service costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
I am picking up my multistrada 950 tomorrow. Has anyone else booked it? Just wondering if we have some MS950 company here in TBHP
Dude - there will be a lot of company for you. be it 950 or others. Don't worry! ;-) #docbengaluru
Old 17th August 2017, 08:15   #23
BHPian

Ducati SuperSport And SuperSportS India Bookings Start

Quote:
The new Ducati SuperSport is targeted to those who want a sport-inspired bike that provides comfort and easy handling on everyday roads. The motorcycle also comes equipped with Ducati Safety Pack (Bosch ABS + Ducati Traction Control) and height-adjustable windscreen. The standard model gets fully adjustable 41 mm Marzocchi fork upfront and Sachs shock that’s adjustable for spring pre-load and rebound damping at the rear. The SuperSport S version features fully adjustable Öhlins suspension, the Ducati Quick Shift up/down system and a rear seat cowl.
Propelling the SuperSport duo is a twin-cylinder 937 cc Testastretta 11° engine which delivers 113 hp of power and 96Nm of torque, 80% of which is available at as low as 3,000 rpm. The motorcycle gets three Riding Modes (Sport, Touring and Urban).
Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-ducatisupersportsfeatureimage.jpg
Source: Motoroid
Nicky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 14:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Have you checked on the service intervals / service cost etc and averaged it / compared it with other bike service costs?
Sure..see this thread and post your service expenses as well.
Old 17th August 2017, 15:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Sure..see this thread and post your service expenses as well.
So which post in the thread are you trying to draw the attention to, where it portrays ducati service costs as the most expensive one? Am curious
Old 17th August 2017, 15:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
So which post in the thread are you trying to draw the attention to, where it portrays ducati service costs as the most expensive one? Am curious
After much hard work, here goes the basis of my understanding. And another instance where a friend of mine bought a used Hypermotard and spent upwards of 8k to get the break pads changed. I know the data points are thin but there just aren't that many people owning or at least posting about their service experience with Ducati.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture2.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture3.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture4.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture5.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture6.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture7.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture8.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-capture9.png  

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India-superbike-service-costs.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 17th August 2017 at 15:36.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:21   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

An interesting and fairly comprehensive comparison report between the three new kids on the block-Monster vs Street Rod vs Ninja 650

They are closely matched with respect to price points and not surprisingly the Monster being the most expensive as we know Italian beauties always come at a premium

http://overdrive.in/reviews/ducati-m...aki-ninja-650/
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks