Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 13:24   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa

Suzuki launches 2018 Hayabusa at Rs 13.87 lakh (ex-Delhi)

The 2018 Edition will be exhibited at the Suzuki Pavilion during the upcoming Auto Expo 2018. Will have two new colours – Pearl Mira Red/Pearl Glacier White and Glass Sparkle Black!

The 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa-62722112.jpg

Quote:
Powered by a 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel-injected, liquid-cooled DOHC engine that delivers a broad wave of torque for effortless acceleration, the Hayabusa is imported as CKD (Completely Knocked Down) Kits and is assembled at the SMIPL factory in Manesar, Gurugram.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st January 2018 at 13:28.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 16:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa

Mod Note : 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 13.87 lakh - Post moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 17:08   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Once upon a time, the Hayabusa was a legend. And at 14.00 lakhs, it was considered ridiculously expensive.

Today, somehow, Suzuki have fought off inflation and everything else which has ensured a regular Hyundai Hatch is above 10 lakhs.

So, a Hayabusa today, still a legend, is on par with the top of the line Hyundai Elite i20 or maybe a Creta.

Amazing. Wonder if there's a typo in the press release!

PS: I know I know, earlier it was a CBU, now it's a CKD or something. But still, when you really consider it, a phenomenal machine like the Busa, now available far cheaper than many cars considered mass market!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 17:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
PS: I know I know, earlier it was a CBU, now it's a CKD or something. But still, when you really consider it, a phenomenal machine like the Busa, now available far cheaper than many cars considered mass market!
The price came into effect quite some time back. Hayabusa is one of the bargain deals in India. The equivalent ZX14R is atleast a good four lakhs or more (on road). Ninja 1000 is a value deal below Busa. A litre class inline4 motorcycle at less than 10L ex showroom.

Like GTO keeps mentioning about cars - the time of CKDs have arrived, even in the case of motorcycles. No place for overpriced CBUs anymore unless its a niche segment.

Comparing prices to cars - there are brilliant deals to be had with motorcycles. However, that poses a problem as well - because these machines should be treated with far more respect than their prices command. 3 seconds of high headed decision making on the Busa is enough to get the rider killed - which is no way comparable to the experience even a high end sedan can provide.

Quote:
Once upon a time, the Hayabusa was a legend.
Is seriously outdated now though. The next generation is very eagerly awaited and there are rumours it might even be a supercharged machine like the Kawasaki H2SX.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st January 2018 at 17:35.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 20:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Once upon a time, the Hayabusa was a legend. And at 14.00 lakhs, it was considered ridiculously expensive.

True that. From the last decade or so the prices have stayed more or less flat. But thats the same in terms of the model too. Its the same Busa sold in 2009 except for some minor updates to styling. However it still has a bling factor that maybe a Kawasaki Zx14R might not have especially for the common man. But the Kawa has been updated and personally, I like its styling better. The HayaBusa looks huge, but not aggressive.

If I had 15L to spend(which I dont currently ) I would buy a Busa or the Ninja 1000 instead of putting the same money on a C segment sedan. At least at this stage of my life thats how it is. Somehow I find in Bangalore Busas are quite common with dudes feeling the rush of air without helmets or proper clothing. The capability of the bike scares me and I cant even imagine doing that on my Ninja, forget the bigger bikes.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 20:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Oh Wow!! Brand new graphics again Suzuki. Truth be told, this one is long overdue now. I cant believe I ride something that is 9 years old and is still the most recent model the company makes. Nothing like old school riding fun with this big girl before the electronic wizardly took over.
Hopefully in 2019 the Gen 3 will show its face. They have a 10 year cycle run before a model change if we see the Gen 1. We might see a super charger or a big bore who knows. Update the fat Gixxer already , Suzuki.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 21:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The capability of the bike scares me and I cant even imagine doing that on my Ninja, forget the bigger bikes.

Similar feelings here. It's a big machine that commands respect and you better give it. It was a bike that I feared. Even on group rides, if a Busa is around, stay clear.

But all that changed when I took the courage to ride it. My plan was to do the GSX S750 only but last minute, decided to ride the Busa. It's surprising easy to ride and not as intimidating as it looks. The extra weight is hard to manage at stops. Receives a lot of respect even from big trucks. Used ones sells for cheap here.

The 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa-imageuploadedbyteambhp1517413003.259095.jpg

The 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa-imageuploadedbyteambhp1517413031.739137.jpg

The 2018 Suzuki Hayabusa-imageuploadedbyteambhp1517413047.691322.jpg
mail4ajo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 23:38   #8
BHPian

Really disappointed to see the decade almost same old bike coming with no improvement whatsoever, reminds of Maruti All New Alto with new jazzy graphics.
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 08:28   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Somehow I find in Bangalore Busas are quite common
Sales are still quite high.

18 Hayabusas sold last month. Compared to 14 N1000, 12 V650, 40 STripples etc.

Suzuki must be laughing all the way to the bank. "Dhoom" was one of the best things that happened to Suzuki Motorcycles in India. Combined with CKD pricing - its the undefeated sumo wrestler of the superbike scene.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st February 2018 at 08:32.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 12:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
"Dhoom" was one of the best things that happened to Suzuki Motorcycles in India.
Dhoom must have increased its popularity and making it known in India but auto enthusiasts were well aware of it from way before. Even the Karizma rode the Dhoom wave - thanks to it being available in the Yellow shade making it the Indian version of the Bandit. The Busa was (to my knowledge) the first production bike to smash the 300 kmph barrier which prompted the Kawasaki to come up with the ZX14. Once the ZX14 came up, Suzuki responded with a new busa that now had the 1340 cc engine but thats it! Suzuki seems to have stagnated at that point and seem to be encashing on that and not moving further.

Kawasaki on the other has taken huge strides and given us the Ninja H2R and the likes which now can hit 400 kmph though its a track only bike. Someone looking for the H2R for the roads needs to be contended with the production variant H2

Anyway it still makes one of the best super bikes out there and though 9 years old, definitely stands a chance with the competition. Also not to forget, the Busa is extremely customizable to my knowledge which, in some cases, puts it ahead of the competition as well

Last edited by centaur : 1st February 2018 at 12:14.
Old 1st February 2018, 12:30   #11
BHPian

Oh, the Hayabusa! Every 90s kid’s dream bike. Even though it isn’t sharp (in looks or in other ways) it’s still a very relevant bike today. I love the engine (it’s old school; the way I like it) and the shape even though bulbous, is very aerodynamic.

And the fact that it’s still so accessible in terms of pricing is the cherry on the cake. Contrary to popular opinion, I’d prefer if Hayabusa stays the same way. Of course, add all the latest safety nets.

A proper Dhoom bike.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 1st February 2018 at 12:33.
The Brutailer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 12:32   #12
BHPian

The Hayabusa continues to make the 14R look ridiculously overpriced and how. Problem is that thanks to the relatively affordability and the iconic fanfare of the Busa, most inexperienced hands tend to buy one and this doesnt always end up well.

Unlike more modern machines, the busa has lesser tech aids and hence is relatively lesser forgiving to over-enthusiastic wanna-be Rossi riding style. Not to forget that it builds up speed at an insanely fast and unbelievably stealth pace.

Somewhere I wish there was a way to make the squids respect the bike more. Shes a legend and it is unfair that every crash lends the bike a bad name.
narula123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 23:11   #13
BHPian

I think some machines should be left the way they are and Mighty Busa is definitely one of them.

Yes it does not look hyper-sporty or have long list of rider aids or sleek design or flashy colors (Yellow excluded) but the feeling you get while riding one is something that cannot be expressed in words.

It scares you as well as gives you the thrill when you twist the throttle, It surprises you with its ability to bend on corners and once you get hang of it the comfort offered is way better than most of the Sport Class

Suzuki has taken steps to make it more affordable compared to competition like 14R / VFR. I dont understand comparing Busa with N100 or Daytona or Tiger they are very different machines each with its pros and cons

If it was for me I would leave it the way it is just like the Agusta F4
viraj_s85 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
I think some machines should be left the way they are and Mighty Busa is definitely one of them.

Yes it does not look hyper-sporty or have long list of rider aids or sleek design or flashy colors (Yellow excluded) but the feeling you get while riding one is something that cannot be expressed in words.

It scares you as well as gives you the thrill when you twist the throttle, It surprises you with its ability to bend on corners and once you get hang of it the comfort offered is way better than most of the Sport Class

Suzuki has taken steps to make it more affordable compared to competition like 14R / VFR. I dont understand comparing Busa with N100 or Daytona or Tiger they are very different machines each with its pros and cons

If it was for me I would leave it the way it is just like the Agusta F4
People including myself always used to think, why do i put my money on a bike with technology which was launched in 2009. But, one proper ride and you know why it has a crazy fan following and sells in numbers it does. Even after a long ride, when I park the bike I look at it and still feel I can go for another spin as I don't have a broken back nor a numb rear and my legs are not toasted with the engine heat (I am comparing it against 1L Super bikes and no offence to any other big bike owners including SBK's). The day I sell the Busa and upgrade to another bike, it might be just an upgrade on power and speed the new bike can offer, but not the comfort and also mileage this beast offers. Its a rare mix and a difficult one to achieve for any manufacturer.

P.S - I really hate the 2018 red white combo. Looks horrid
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
People including myself always used to think, why do i put my money on a bike with technology which was launched in 2009. But, one proper ride and you know why it has a crazy fan following and sells in numbers it does. Even after a long ride, when I park the bike I look at it and still feel I can go for another spin as I don't have a broken back nor a numb rear and my legs are not toasted with the engine heat (I am comparing it against 1L Super bikes and no offence to any other big bike owners including SBK's). The day I sell the Busa and upgrade to another bike, it might be just an upgrade on power and speed the new bike can offer, but not the comfort and also mileage this beast offers. Its a rare mix and a difficult one to achieve for any manufacturer.

P.S - I really hate the 2018 red white combo. Looks horrid
Really? your saying you will upgrade from the Busa for 'more' power and speed? Im guessing you're already hitting 299kmph and redlining in every gear for you to need more power

I think a logical upgrade would be a Busa with similar specs but more rider aids to make that already mental power more harness-able and less intimidating.
balenopower is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks