Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 13:01   #46
BHPian

Re: Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
More affordable? I did a double take. Surprised they managed to reduce the price while adding some new goodies as well.
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised as well. Especially since a few car and bike portals had predicted that it would be launched around 5.3L or so. Hope they start offering test drives soon.

Glad they've managed to reduce the price - I assume this may have been possible by some level of localization.

Looks like there are 3 colours to choose from. The grey colour costs Rs 4.79 lakh while the white and red cost 10,000 more.

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-benelli502.png
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 21:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting it to be based on the QJ motors SRT500 as was being speculated. And upgrade doesn't include tubeless tyres for spoked wheels? Otherwise not much to complain really esp with that launch price!
Attached Thumbnails
Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-images.jpeg  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-images-1.jpeg  

Old 31st January 2021, 21:19   #48
BHPian

2021 Benelli BS-VI TRK 502 ADV launched at Rs. 4.8 Lakh. Bookings open at Rs. 10,000

Benelli India has newly launched the TRK 502 ADV at a competitive price Rs 4.8 L Ex-sh which are also the introductory prices.

The TRK 502 has similar features with that of it's BS-IV counterpart. Has a low seat profile good for short riders, has a new setup for Panniers. Suspension setup has USD forks at front and mono shock at rear. This is positioned between KTM 390 Adventure and RE Twin 650/Kawasaki Versys 650.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-01.png  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-02.png  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-03.png  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-04.png  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-05.jpg  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-06.jpg  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-07.jpg  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-08.jpg  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-09.jpg  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-10.jpg  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-11.jpg  

Benelli TRK 502X caught testing in India. Edit: Launched @ 5 lakhs-12.jpg  

Last edited by ManneAtWheelz : 1st February 2021 at 10:43. Reason: Updated Source
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 20:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here bought a TRK 502 BS6? Any initial ownership reviews? I've been eyeing the Himalayan and 310 GS, with an intent of getting back into the saddle after a hiatus of almost a decade. However, happened to see a Benelli TRK 502 up close last weekend (at a popular Sunday-breakfast joint on NH75) and was blown away by its looks and sheer road presence! Did some research and found mixed reviews - pros being looks, comfort, quality, stability, and cons being weight, after-sales quality levels, and thin service network. Of the cons, I'm a tad sceptical about the weight as I am on the leaner side. Otherwise, it seems to be a good midway option between the Himalayan/310 GS and the Versys 650/CB500x.

Any inputs, preferably from owners or regular users, will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by cool_dube : 17th July 2021 at 20:53.
Old 18th July 2021, 05:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Of the cons, I'm a tad sceptical about the weight as I am on the leaner side.
This is purely my opinion so kindly take it with a bucket of salt. Big ADVs are a pain to move around, park etc, the only redeeming factor is when you are on the move they are a hoot to ride and some even feel like a sports bike albeit with wider handlebars. I have not ridden the TRK but on paper it doesn't seem like it has the go. It definitely has the show! So it looks like you will end up with a big burly ADV without the only redeeming factor of that class (a monster of an engine to match).

Last edited by deepfreak15 : 18th July 2021 at 05:39.
deepfreak15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 14:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Further to my interest in the bike, I reached out to Benelli Bengaluru, and got hold of the following facts:

a) On-road price here in Bangalore for TRK 502 is in the range of INR 6.36-6.48 lac, depending on the color

b) TRK 502 is a CKD - kits are imported from China and assembled here in India! I was not aware of this.

Point "b" above is a deal-breaker for me, and hence, this bike is out of contention for me.

With adventure tourers further up in the hierarchy (Versys 650, Honda CB500X) being out of my budget (why, Honda, why? ) and pre-owned route ruled out, I will settle for a Himalayan or G 310 GS. Either seems to be a good starting point for a rider who is getting back on the saddle after quite a while.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 14:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
With adventure tourers further up in the hierarchy (Versys 650, Honda CB500X) being out of my budget (why, Honda, why? ) and pre-owned route ruled out, I will settle for a Himalayan or G 310 GS. Either seems to be a good starting point for a rider who is getting back on the saddle after quite a while.
You say weight might have been an issue with TRK but still considering Himalayan? Its a ~200kg machine & that's the only reason I am not considering it. Yes, even I am pretty lean.

Any reason for not considering KTM Adventure twins(250/390)?

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th July 2021 at 14:47.
Old 19th July 2021, 15:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
You say weight might have been an issue with TRK but still considering Himalayan?
It is still ~36 kg lighter than the TRK 502 Also, I test-rode the Himalayan over varied terrain and did not find it difficult to manage/handle. The weight distribution seemed spot on! Am yet to test-ride the G 310 GS, which is supposed to be ~30 kg lighter than the Himalayan, BTW. My worry with too light a bike is around stability at highway speeds, especially during high cross-winds. Some of the reviews of the 310 GS that I have seen, do mention this as a mild concern, as the bike is on the lighter side at 169 kg. From this perspective, I find the Himalayan to be at a sweet spot when it comes to highway riding. Of course, it could be a deterrent for trail riding, which is not a major part of my use case anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any reason for not considering KTM Adventure twins(250/390)?
Not sure, but somehow I detest the brand! No offence to owners/fans out here, please.

Last edited by cool_dube : 19th July 2021 at 15:48.
Old 20th July 2021, 07:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
This is purely my opinion so kindly take it with a bucket of salt. Big ADVs are a pain to move around, park etc, the only redeeming factor is when you are on the move they are a hoot to ride and some even feel like a sports bike albeit with wider handlebars. I have not ridden the TRK but on paper it doesn't seem like it has the go. It definitely has the show! So it looks like you will end up with a big burly ADV without the only redeeming factor of that class (a monster of an engine to match).
I couldn't agree more. When I bought my Versys 650, I had some concerns about the height and weight. But I figured I can handle it easily. However, on my recent trip, it was such a pain, I was dreading every time that I had to get on or off from the bike. I had two falls, both the times were while parking and the weight balance shifted just enough, at that point there is no way you can hold on to it. Luckily, I have a Hepco Becker crash guard which took all the impact.

I've seriously thought about moving this on, but the power and comfort has got me hooked. There is no better category of bikes for our road in my opinion.

Coming to the Benelli, a friend has it and we exchanged and rode for quite a while. It is so much more difficult to ride, the weight is not as well balanced as the Verysys and you feel it a lot on the road. The brakes are bad and the power is significantly lower. The extra 2L you pay for the Versys is well worth it in my opinion.
jaganm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 11:11   #55
BHPian

I am not the best person to reply since I only had a very short ride on the bike. The bike looks beautiful no doubt about it but service is pretty bad. The owner said for basic oil change things are ok but the moment you have any problem the service center is all at sea. Secondly the bike is just too heavy. I am 6 ft and 95 kg but I wasn't comfortable handling such a big heavy bike at all. Even the Versys which I rode was a real handful. These bikes are tall and the weight distribution makes them more top heavy which means it's difficult to handle.

If you don't so much off roading the BMW 310 gs is a fantastic on road bike. Lovely suspension, a nice 1 year service interval, enough power for even the best highways and plenty of 3rd party accessories available to tweak the bike to your hearts content.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks