Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:34   #61
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hobbes, my 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX | EDIT: Now sold

Hello Guys, I am back on this thread. And no, I have not bought my Tiger back

Thanks for all your feedback guys, but yes, there was no other option to fix the forks. Replacement was the only option. I did check out on the option of chrome plating the stanchions - but that too would have been a temporary fix.

So the good news is that the fork stanchions have been replaced and the new owner will be starting with his rides very soon.

Anyways, that's not why I am here. So the new owner is facing a wierd issue where the bike refuses the start when it's at its optimum temperature (3 bars less on the guage). He has to let the bike cool down and only then will the bike start. I did face this problem once last year before my service - but never after replacing the battery.

The service guys have advised to change the complete starter motor - which costs around 50k. Before he proceeds to do so, he wants to know if anyone on the forum has ever faced such an issue with their Tiger / Triumphs. Is it normal for a starter motor fail in 5-6 years? Is there a possibility to repair it (since it could be a part in the starter motor that must have failed)?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:54   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hobbes, my 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX | EDIT: Now sold

I might be wrong and I can’t recall for sure but I think I had heard that this starter motor failure was a very common issue on many 2014-2017 Tigers. Perhaps you can ask on some tiger specific forums online.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks