Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 30th June 2020, 23:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New 1100cc Honda Africa Twin coming soon. Edit: Launched at 15.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Freaking mental to be spending that kind of money on this bike I don’t think the GS is too far off, and for someone who has that kind of money to splash on a weekend hobby at best, I don’t think gives a damn about service costs.

But still, with all bikes sold - wow, what am I not seeing that others are?
And as far as sales figures go, they are not doing bad at all.

Indian Two Wheeler Sales Figures – FY2020

Honda sold 51 Africa Twins in FY2019 and 62 in FY2020.
Old 30th June 2020, 23:56   #47
BHPian

Default Re: New 1100cc Honda Africa Twin coming soon. Edit: Launched at 15.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
There is a DCT variant on display at the Big Wing Honda dealership in Gurgaon, looks very impressive in black !

Here's one click of the same, apologies for the poor framing.
This is one crazy good looking color scheme. A guy in the Honda group got it and shared pictures. What an awesome color combination. Gloss black with Gold Rims.

Rachit
Old 1st July 2020, 00:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Slightly offtopic but Honda has one of the worst sales and marketing team OR they really don't care if they sell big bikes or not. Maybe lil harsh but I really mean it from my heart, forget the pricing, but even their attitude has a long way to go before it becomes desirable.

Last time around also the same thing happened, I was genuinely taken aback by the attitude of the dealer here in BLR, in spite of placing request they never bothered to even give a callback or offer a test ride.
Firstly, the premium bikes have a very low sales target for HMSI. 20 units a month for the 650F/R and 50 units a year for the AT. This is mostly down to them waiting to expand the Silverwing dealerships across the country pre Covid era which now seems to be in doubt as the economy is in shambles.

Secondly, a contact I know who has a good connect with the Bengaluru dealership has just recently told me that they are considering dropping the premium bike business altogether as they don't seem to be making any profit out of the deal with the manufacturer. Apparently they're unhappy about having to foot the bill for the Rides they have to organize from their own pockets.

He even casually mentioned that a new Silverwing dealership might arrive in Bengaluru.
Not sure how accurate this information is so if any Bengaluru 650/AT/300R owners can verify it would be helpful.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 13:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Apparently they're unhappy about having to foot the bill for the Rides they have to organize from their own pockets.
Not sure where this is coming from, but honestly I haven't seen too many rides 'organized' by the dealership in the first place. Sure, the sales SPOC used to ride with the group on some morning/breakfast rides, but nothing I know of was sponsored by the dealership, except one visit to the HMSI plant at Hoskote near Bangalore and one 'delivery' event of a Fireblade and Goldwing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
He even casually mentioned that a new Silverwing dealership might arrive in Bengaluru.
Not sure how accurate this information is so if any Bengaluru 650/AT/300R owners can verify it would be helpful.
I know for a fact that the existing KA dealership was expected to invest in the Silverwing dealership and the locations for the dealership as well as the service center were finalized and published as well. However, post-Covid I'm not sure how much of these will materialize.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 1st July 2020 at 13:45.

Most Viewed