Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2020, 17:05   #1
BHPian

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold

I am not exaggerating when I say that my hands were shivering before doing the funds transfer to B.U Bhandari. For a middle class guy to spend upward of a million rupees on bikes just doesn't makes any sense. I was quite ok with purchase of my Linea and Tiago. My parents backed it since it was kind of a 'practical'(who am I kidding here) decision and luckily they were present to take delivery. This time, though they supported my decision, they were just happy since I was. Hell, if I can't make the sense of my bike buying decision, how can they! So, with shivering hands, I just completed the funds transfer before some other thoughts came into my mind.

A bike repair shop near my home has 'Tramp' mentioned in its hoarding/name board along with 'Harly Davidson', etc. I have planned to go to him for chain lubing/cleaning stuff.

Its a pain to listen myriad pronunciation of word - Triumph. Some says 'Tramp', other says 'Tree-umph'.

Read on if you have some available time and found above anecdotes engaging. Kindly excuse as this being my first review here.

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-6929848199274c8d84b198038b3286c7.jpeg

Introduction/Background:

Owning a superbike is every man's dream. I am no different. I am a car fanatic since I was a small kid. My favorite game was to slide brick on wet heap of sand which were aplenty due to one or the other construction happening in nearby places. If thats not available, I can slide footwear at homes. Let me stop before embarrassing myself more.

However, bike bug bit when I got a poster of bike free in summer of '98 with the AutoIndia monthly copy. It was a motogp race bike with all the livery,etc. It was a MV Agusta next month and the bite was permanent! I was about to enter my teenage years and didn't knew riding then. All we had was a Bajaj Priya then.

Fast forward to '03 and I pestered my father hard enough to buy me an Adreno FX. It was one of the first faired/semi faired bikes in Indian market catering to budget segment. It was a decent bike catering to a niche user set then. I would even say that it was quite ahead of its time. It was only when Hero Honda launched Karizma that people started looking into faired bikes.

Adreno in its prime. That's my friend on it. This pic is from Bhilai's one of the famous Arjun da dhaba. Somewhere from 2003/2004.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-e0780ef64b264209b7d60b7ff22cc869.jpeg

Adreno served me, my relatives as well as friends before going to scrap in 2020.

Forwarding it fast enough again to '09. I graduated and moved to Pune for job. After getting challaned quite a few times due to riding CG registered 2 wheeler, booked a UG4 red P180. I wanted a no-nonsense bike this time which should be reliable, market success with more power. Adreno was no success by any kind.

Pulsar in its prime days along with its owner. Early winters 2010.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-1e91e06016d245c2a9300dc91d57f1ae_4_5005_c.jpeg

Again, pulsar was decent enough which was sold in '18 after clocking around 82K odd kms. First 42k was done by me and remaining by my cousin when I moved out of India.

I always had a superbike itch and I was seriously looking for CBR650F when I came back late '17 and it was launched post BS4 upgrade. It was a reliable, relatively easy to maintain superbike. However, lack of test ride, no interest to sell and also it seems, I chickened out at last moment. I haven't ridden much bikes since mid 2013 and ended up buying Tiago for my parents/wife.

In hindsight, this turned out to be a good decision since I moved out of India again within 3 weeks of buying Tiago.

Come 2020 and I witnessed the Covid horror first-hand since I was in Hong Kong from mid 2018. Due to covid, I moved back to India and work from home gave me enough time to contemplate about getting myself a superbike. It's now or never. My better half supported me thoroughly.

Test-Rides

-

After all the blabber, let's come back to point.
I started checking out bikes seriously from september onwards.

Royal Enfield
The first stop was a Royal Enfield outlet. Visited RE, Wakad for a test ride of GT650. Ride was very nice with perfect exhaust sound and a free revving engine. It was absolute bang for buck. The only thing came in between was image. No matter what RE you drive, to most, its a bullet. Also, nowadays, the typical bullet rider near my place is as follows - one who wears dark shades, a gold chain, spits something here and there even in corona times, no helmet, a loud cringeworthy exhaust, driving wrong side, many times triple seat, etc.

PS - No disrespect to RE people who aren't in above category.

KTM
KTM Baner is quite near to my place and I made a prompt visit there. However, KTM people told that their bikes are made to order and no test rides can be given. Fair enough, I ditched Duke, RC390 and Huskies from my potential list.

Harley-Davidson
My wife is a big fan of HD looks. However, the only bikes we considered were the Street 750 and Street Rod, obviously due to budget issues. So, we went to the outlet which is at the east end of the city from Pimple Nilakh to '2 Rivers HD' in Hadapsar. Took a test ride of Street 750 and the ride was ok. Price was quite high even after the discounts. Seems, HD dealerships inflated RTO, insurance, handling charges to compensate for the discounts. HD winding from India news came and there was nothing to discuss more. As I told before, I had an Adreno earlier and my current drive is a FIAT.

Kawasaki
Kawasaki is also in eastern Pune in Koregaon Park. Surprisingly, for premium bikes, the dealership had no parking space. You have to rely on Starbucks besides and tip separately to the attendant. I paid INR 100 twice.

No problems on test drives though, I drove the Ninja 650 in first visit and Vulcan in second.
N650 - is a very easy to ride bike. I was comfortable from the word go and it's more easy to drive than a GT650. However, I didn't liked it since I felt it didn't had a character. Apart from the massive fairing, the ride was as simple as my earlier P180. No adrenaline rush here(pun unintended).

Vulcan - A minute into the ride and I understood its not for me. I liked the HD Street 750, but not this. The posture, the gear position, I didn't liked it. It's a well sorted out bike. Just not for me.

Z900 - No BS6 test drives till 2021. Despite being marginally cheaper than Street Triple R, had to pass.

BMW
Thought of checking out the new 300 'twins' as well as F900R and visited the BMW motorrad Pune nearby Kawasaki outlet.

F900R - With an on-road price of around 13 big ones, I ditched the plan of looking at it.

G310 GS - Took a short test drive but single cylinder feel just didn't cut it. Also, I wasn't able to remove the side stand somehow(seat height - 830 mm). Surprising, since I was pretty ok with Street Triple RS with seat height of 825 mm. My height - 167 cm.

TVS
Visited TVS Akurdi(Sai Baba sales) for a test drive of RR310 and also to check 310 cc BMW/TVS engine again. Loved the riding ergonomics, TFT display, etc. However, rough gear shift took out all the pleasure.

There were no big Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, Honda to look into. Still, a special mention for Honda. I have been a fan of CBR moniker from school days. So, tried hard to wait for a BS6 CBR. Doesn't matter if it was a 500R or 650R. 'BigWings' didn't obliged and I looked away from Honda when they launched CB350 earlier this year. Don't know how much data I have eaten watching CBR 650R videos.

Triumph
Triumph was never in plan and there were three reasons for this.
1. No faired bike(Remember Adreno). Moreover, I was keen on inline 4.
2. I didn't liked the looks of cruisers from Triumph. If it's a cruiser, it had to be HD. Period.
3. Budget. Triumph starts above 10 lakhs OTR. Mine maxed out at 10.

With above mindset, I just went there to check out the Triumph dealership in Pashan. There were only quite a few options left anyways due to BS6 migration. So, can't reject Triumph on my preconceived notions. Also, I have heard only good things about B.U. Bhandari group so this was also a point I wanted to check. B.U Bhandari group has the Triumph brand for Pune and Goa along with others like Mercedes, VW, MG, Honda 2 wheelers.

I asked for a test ride of Street Triple R. The most affordable Triumph with engine configuration close to inline-4. Sales lead Ganesh interacted with me and from the onset I can say that he is the reason why I ended up buying Triumph. He was honest, humble, informative without being pushy. He instead asked my to check various models and decide later. He kept Street Triple for last. So, I drove below 3 bikes.

1. Street Twin - A wonderful easy going bike with loud twin OEM exhausts. Engine smoothness and torque spread across rev range was a revelation. Rode much better than HD.

2. Bonneville T120 - Convinced my wife to be pillion on this. Again, a 1200 cc engine with almost 100 NM torque was superlative to say the least.

PS - My big bike ride experience consists of only those I mentioned above in this log.

3. Street Triple RS - Test drive is only available for Street Triple RS since its the highest variant in its lineup. Just the engine start up set my pulse racing. I started in first gear and was grinning wide inside my helmet. This is a bike which keeps you in toes. For a superbike noob like me, its borderline scary. I liked it. Now for all practical purposes, my current/future skill level and road conditions, Street Triple R is as good as RS. It will keep me hooked for near future. I watched the reviews of R when it was launched but I didn't had that in mind when I test drove RS. It had all the bells and whistles along with safety features to keep this in shortlist. I asked them to keep me informed for any offers since it was quite above my budget at approx 11 lakhs OTR Pune. I started watching all reviews after the test drive experience. They all echoed my thoughts.

I was quite in two minds between Z900 and R and decided as per below factors. Please note that I haven't driven Z900 due to non-availability of TD vehicle and hence below consideration is mostly on brand support for Pune, service cost, schedule, specs etc.

Pros Kawasaki Z900
: Cheaper to buy.
: Inline 4.
: Bigger engine. Hopefully better performance.

Cons Kawasaki Z900
: Costlier to maintain. Service interval is 6 monthly and oil change is needed in every service. Approx service cost around 20K as told by SA.
: Even regular service is hit/miss in Kawasaki Pune(We all know about a Kawasaki Pune service thread). Also, service center located quite far away from my place.
: Wife didn't liked the fuel tank design.
: Weight issues.

Pros Street Triple R
: Pune dealership looks promising along with service.
: Sales and service at same location. Much closer to my place.
: Test drive left me satisfied and couldn't wish for more power at this stage.
: Lighter weight.
: Service interval of 1 year. Yearly service approx cost is 10K with alternate year service costs at around 20K. Relatively cheaper to own.

Cons Street Triple R
: Instrument console can look dated to some. I am pretty much ok with it.

As per above I chose of going ahead with Triumph. I don't want to delay much this time. There was also a news of Triumph bringing a new entry level model Trident. I waited for it but then didn't quite liked it.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-90a079d7c2de4413ade681a2a79bb3fe.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 1st January 2021 at 07:32. Reason: Formatting
abhi_tjet is offline   (65) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 17:06   #2
BHPian

Re: My 2020 BS6 Street Triple R.

Decision Making
31st October
My plan to visit hometown during Diwali was cancelled since there was no respite from Corona and family advised against the 1K kms road trip needed for the same in this condition. I needed something to cheer up. I rang Ganesh(sales lead from Triumph Pune) to inquire about any offers on 'R'. There were none. I upfront asked him to confirm if he can deliver bike to me on 13th November(Dhanteras). I will only make a booking accordingly. I will also take a longish test ride just to confirm my choice. Ganesh was ok for both. I would have skipped buying bike in calendar year 2020 if he would have said no.

1st November
As per above, I visited dealership to take a test ride again. This time along with pillion. Last time I rode solo and better half's approval is needed for these indulgences. It was Sunday and dealership was empty. Service is closed on Sundays so further less staff.

We all know Street Triple or for that matter, most of sports bikes aren't for pillion. However, we will still use this as 1+1 for short rides.

Test Ride Impressions

- For rider, 'R' very comfortable. The riding position is just a bit more committed than Pulsar. You can drive for hours without any issues or discomfort in wrong places. For newbie superbike owner like me, seat comfort felt a bit low initially. However, it soon felt like sofa after clocking couple of hundred kms.
- I just sat a bit higher than Pulsar despite lesser ground clearance. Foot pegs are placed a bit back and higher at same time. Comfortable, nevertheless.
- I prefer the dash of R than RS. TFT display is elaborated but doesn't give legible information of RPM at a glance. You will only see gear and speed. However,
I miss the ambient temperature indicator in R's console. They should have accommodated that.
- Engine sound is melody. It can't hold a candle to the Akra's, Yoshi's, etc but still.
- Torque spread is awesome. 4th gear speed 30 or 100. No problem. 3th gear speed 20 or 90. No problem. 5th gear speed 40/50 or 100 plus. No problem.
- Parts quality, fit and finish is awesome. This is a premium product.

With above comments, I knew what I was getting into. I asked Ganesh to proceed with booking formalities.
2nd Nov
He made a visit to my place the next day and I paid 1 lac as booking amount.

11th Nov
Ganesh called me to confirm that bike has reached the dealership and I can visit and pay the rest amount. I didn't went for finance and paid on my own. I visited the dealership, saw the bike and paid the rest amount.

First set of pics clicked by me. PDI was pending at this moment. Not sure why I am not able to upload the first pic shared by Ganesh.

The perfect back minus the saree guard. Clean and lean. Tail section doesn't vibrates much unlike other bikes. Also, tail is tidy enough.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-1c7f6cfb841b4c198bd8042739ab7e67.jpeg

Complete side-rear profile
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-4865d201268f42ed987426ff72203272.jpeg

The classic console.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-bdb4db7867ed447ebf23832caf03980f.jpeg

Inline 3 symphony.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-5cb787f4da1047ee893e990279eeaf76.jpeg

The Angry eyes.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-2e3e10fe29b049d98b186ed48174b568.jpeg

12th Nov
Number came at around 9:30 PM.

13th Nov
Reached dealership at 10 AM to receive the bike. Back at home around 11:30 AM to continue with daily office routine. Odo was at 1 km at the time of delivery. Ganesh kept his side of promise with full professionalism. Everything happened like clockwork. All the sales/service staff made it a point to be there at delivery. Ganesh explained the basics and was there till my wife sat as pillion and we set off for home. Even in later visits, he make sure to take time and talks to us about bike performance, day to day stuff, planned rides, etc.

We reached showroom quite early. They brought the bike in front of me and covered it.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-5bcecc325c4042aabed5f1ca01ea7169.jpeg

Taking delivery from Ganesh.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-c207eb1c4fd34f95beab5f0f51f94a56.jpeg

New Chapter. I was quite smiling in other pics though.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-056074e829f64720907119d39a11fe97.jpeg

Pricing details -
Ex Showroom - 8,84000.
On road - 10,64000.
RSA included in above price.
Extended warranty - 25K for two additional years. I am yet to but it and plan to buy in next month. Price is same if bought within 3 months of ownership.
  • The Vitals
Model - BS6 2020 - Street Triple R
765 CC Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, Inline-3 cylinder
118 PS @ 12,000 rpm
79Nm @ 9,350 rpm
  • Driving modes
Yes. It comes with Rain, Road, Sport and Rider. They all are quite different and can be noticed easily. Basically, the map options changes for ABS, TCS in each. I am not sure but I suppose, power is also reduced in rain mode.
  • Safety
ABS - can't be turned off.
TCS - can be switched off in Rider mode.
  • Tyres
Pirelli Diablo Rosso III at front/back. Front is 120/70 ZR17. Rear - 180/55 ZR17
No complaints here. Looks good and does the job. No experience on wet roads. And I don't intend to drive much in rainy season anyways. No night drives as well.

Accessories
- Got the frame and fork slider from dealership itself. Saree guard was removed before taking delivery.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-3bb059f8a3b046a39ebacfb080eeb984.jpeg

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-a05b1b1deeb84915afc8c8cd8fb6847e.jpeg

- Got the evotech performance radiator guard installed(as advised by Bhpians) from outside(Team-driven, Tathawade). Costed 10k including fitting.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-6f9e186d0d6145f2a8fd3330c2615f47.jpeg

- Bought a bike cover from Pimpri market for INR 400. Its of very good quality.
I don't intend to put more accessory now. I will just use the bike as it is.

Positives

Looks
It's an absolute looker with minimalist design. I kinda like the new twin head lamp design. You will have to search for parts that are below par and you will still find none.

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-569b57c868d94018836ca8d44777e8b1.jpeg

No bad angles to look at!
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-dcf422e3022147cfbafce7b483f859d8.jpeg

Better half checking the bike out.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-300c72027afb418895bd55c19fc3dffc.jpeg

Engine
Stonker of an engine. Its damn smooth and as mentioned by one of the auto magazine reviewer, it can give Honda engines a run for its money. You are never in wrong gear. With almost flat torque curve, just wring the throttle and it shoots like a star. PS - Triumph's 765CC inline 3 has replaced Honda's 600CC inline 4 in moto2 championships couple of years ago.

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-47b89b41180542f2aca54944ea0ef778.jpeg

Lights
- LED's galore. Be it indicators, headlamp or tail light all are LED's. Light(low/high) has good throw and spread.

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-02cbef8b402a4515bb752b14d524958a.jpeg

GearBox
- Smooth gearshifts. Very easy to find neutral. Triumph has given it all by adding a up/down quick shifter which works like a charm. Its damn smooth in operation and very relaxing to use when you are blasting on highways.

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-60ed4124aab14719800d1be63fc4b0fa.jpeg

Brakes
Bike drops anchor at any legal speed without any drama. At no point, you need to put more than 2 finger for the same. I have rarely used rear brake to stop.

Brembo M4.32 4-piston radial monobloc calipers at front and the Showa separate function big piston forks (SF-BPF)
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-e96c6556de2b4b4d942664e2ffab6185.jpeg

Brembo single piston caliper for rear.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-3dfe77dd1875484b9ac93f37bb524458.jpeg

Suspension
Suspension is typical supersport. Hard. I know its customisable but I don't want to alter that. Accordingly, ride quality is great in tarred road but not so in cemented road with imperfections. It absolutely hates bad roads.

Showa for rear as well.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-8cb7c7192856450eae3055999a2d76db.jpeg

Ground Clearance
Surprisingly, and let me not jinx myself, GC looks decent. I have driven around 400-500 kms with pillion and crossed quite a lot of speed breakers. No bad
news here.

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-d458dea2f8784b42a31edf79f2a21d75.jpeg

Seating Comfort
Rider seat is spacious and decently cushioned. It can accommodate people of various sizes and built.
Pillion comments - Once perched up, seat comfort is decent for short rides. Ergo's ok. That's it. For longer rides, be fit, get used to it or change(add new) the bike.

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-3a069a971bc54224848c5f29fdea9dcb.jpeg

Fuel economy
Highway - 20 kmpl. City - 18 kmpl. Usable range is somewhere around 200 kms.

Attention to Detail
- Parts used in bike looks sturdy as well as premium. The footpegs, handle grips, indicators, hand painted red piping in rims, etc are top notch.

Triumph logo on silencer which sounds addictive.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-99603b1ee37348b3ae110928be8db634.jpeg

Subtle branding on handlebar clamps.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-c79fbee0948743519aee9b36d9f4cc11.jpeg

Front foot pegs get the 'T' logo
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-1c71fb110731493ca7f863e213c02d48.jpeg

Rear ones doesn't.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-0200f603134a482f800f9d82e3fcae33.jpeg

Handle grips get the 'T' logo
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-24614af5b06c41f0bbe83dbdc748f283.jpeg

So does the blinkers.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-d51a79d0978d4d9083853a90d66b9f21.jpeg

Switch-gear right. Mirror arms can be seen in background which are chunky and looks good.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-65a1ab5cbb7f4f40a537e370e2e20cd5.jpeg

Switch-gear left. Absent in frame is the low/high switch which is at the 'pass' button position.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-7073e3cf52d640feafbb666e96b91917.jpeg

- A1 hardware. Showa adjustable suspensions, Brembo's on both side, Pirelli for that ultra grip, quickshifter from factory, customisable rider mode, etc. You name it, R has it. It seems to me that Triumph has kept margin low for R so as to bring more people try Triumph. RS is still a high margin product.

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 30th December 2020 at 23:43. Reason: Added further detail
abhi_tjet is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 18:37   #3
BHPian

Negatives

- Not sure why Triumph left the registration plate light as bulb and not led. Hardly any cost saving there.
- Its mentioned in manual that 'R' comes with self cancelling indicator. However, it's not present. I have asked dealership to check this with Triumph India
and update.
- For the nth time, I desperately miss the ambient temperature indicator in R's console.
- You need to book prior appointment for service or small stuff like chain clean/lubing. One day advance will surely not help.
- USB socket though provided is in a useless location. Its under rear seat. So, you need to stop to charge your device which will put load on battery.

Some noteworthy points

- Customisable gear shift rpm indicator is my favorite from the lot. Have kept the LED's at sequential mode with gear shift rpm at 6k. Once the rpm start
reaching near its set limit, led's start blinking one by one and at limit, they start blinking to glory. At this moment, you just need to upshift without letting
the throttle go. Pure Magic! Pure fun!
- Seat height - 825 mm. I will not recommend Street Triple to anyone(newbie riders) with height below 5'6"(166 cm). Because,
- Weight - I know Street Triple is one of the lightest bikes. Also, while riding you will not feel the weight. However, in traffic situations, places where roads/parking aren't good or not on levelled surface, this may cause a problem. We dont get low ride height version in India.
- Wind blast is huge for speeds in excess of 100/110 kmph.
- Horn is meek.
- Gets regular features such as ride by wire, slipper clutch, adjustable levers, etc. Engine gets turned off if the vehicle is in side stand and a gear is engaged.
- I have clocked around 1450 kms till now and I am very satisfied with my purchase.
- No pass switch. However, lower/upper dipper button is placed at 'Pass' position. Pressing it once switches to dipper, press again to revert to lower.
Absolutely loved the implementation.
- Mirrors along with arms can be adjusted. Super useful to adjust as per the riding position.
- Parking mode in which only the DRL's will be lit. Bike can be locked and key can be taken out. Handy while parking for small amount of time in low lit areas
or during dusk/dawn.
- Mirrors are damn good and actually usable without doing any circus while riding.
- Heat is manageable. Not a major issue and I have driven bike in traffic.
- Grab rails are perfectly incorporated. Looks good and does the job. Not gonna remove it.

Below are the various menu options in the part analog part digital LCD display console which I am completely ok with.

Odo with normal telltale lamps/displays. The one which looks like alarm is basically the immobiliser light which blinks continuously once we turn off the bike. There is some alarm stuff mentioned in manual which needs to be bought separately.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-c1946f0357b84075aa54af694c105ffc.jpeg

Single trip meter. Pulsar had two tripmeters, I remember.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-83f76908bf3346f0b814323fcca1b89a.jpeg

Distance to empty. It shows in console automatically(overrides whatever is in display) if fuel is low.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-f42db61e8998460fac6fe0971635998b.jpeg

Time driven
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-15206b5978434d7bac89d0f5aeab5432.jpeg

Average fuel consumption. I have never seen it going above 20.8 kmpl.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-defac7fbba924c7bb552d4ecdd7af92b.jpeg

Instantaneous FE.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-483126e558f4497dbf15298560cce496.jpeg

Average Speed.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-7ad882b8f2fc44ec951a9ed38aa803b7.jpeg

Set Up Menu.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-7b232f499a474a2284f1e33e54d3cf05.jpeg

Triumph Traction Control - can be turned off for a particular ride. If you turned bike off, it will be enabled again.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-2f2dbaa0b7964a9c8c960cae3be0a63c.jpeg

Customisable Rider mode. The best mode. 2nd best is Sport.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-545dc55bdac94db6bcdf47fe287234e5.jpeg

Time setup. AM/PM 24/12 hours
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-9876c248f104417ca90fdd09e169257c.jpeg

Service Interval set up. Service icon comes up and stays if the set up km limit is nearing.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-758d22daed064fae988be4aef6e06167.jpeg

Customisable limit for gear shift. Absolutely loved this implementation. It has 6 -led, 3-led and sequential mode.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-a8c5e5d6f935471ea45e05a4db4a2982.jpeg

Unit set up. km/l or ltrs/hundred kms.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-68205a8e98d548ff8120b98fd0ea7690.jpeg

Exit.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-7eaf11ca77864e7497f1f7db6b2af08a.jpeg

There is a lap timer menu option as well which can be used to store lap timings.

Rider view with wonderfully finished matte painted tank.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-b11d8b65c5214ed5a985dcf56d106382.jpeg

Service Experience

Clocked 1K kms in a month. Took an appointment and stayed there till the bike was ready. Routine stuff was done along with chain cleaning/adjusting, oil change, wash, etc.
Time taken - 3.5 hours.
Cost - INR 8K.
Nothing to complaint now though the wash could have been a bit better. Hope bike never need anything more than routine stuff.

Rides
I have done quite a few solo/group rides since I got the beast home. Let's do some clicks do the talking.

First ride to Khandala ghat. Me and my better half.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-616917cb93b24bbcbee4e372d5d233fb_1_201_a.jpeg

First solo ride to Lavasa.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-9daade6298d8492f8e72c4b5bd0f738d_1_201_a-copy.jpg

Tungarli, Lonavala
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-23a2aba8fdbd48dc92853bf4002d288e_1_201_a-copy.jpg

Solo ride to Purandar fort.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-1fa8103f38694fdf8eff36c6e276b6b6_1_201_a.jpeg

Solo ride to Lonavala.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-43b76be6b2d242438bf77c14da5747af.jpeg

Couple of group rides arranged by Triumph Pune.

Lavasa
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-f3f3a0fa361a493bbd38ca4929d3e707_1_201_a-copy.jpg

Lower Mapro, Wai. Met Bhpian Ricci here. Mine(R) and his Street Triple RS can be seen parked together. 2nd and 3rd from left. Man besides the RS is Ricci himself It was lovely meeting you Ricci.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-4e2a4de829cd4a1281dcafc41284a1b0_1_201_a-copy.jpg

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 30th December 2020 at 20:00. Reason: Added further detail
abhi_tjet is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 23:52   #4
BHPian

Riding Gear
As updated in riding gear thread, below are the details -

XDI - Chaos gloves. INR 1800. This along with SMK helmet(ECE approved) which was seen in earlier pics were bought from Teamdriven, Tathawade for my wife. Helmet Price - INR 3600.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-8266f61a926847068a91a83f00df94e5.jpeg

Solace riding pants. INR Approx 8K. Very comfortable. I have completed the Wai ride on it(around 185 kms). All praise. This along with below items are all bought from ProBiker, MG road.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-6f5fba6332b54a0d990496e67912f296.jpeg

RR Gear gear jacket. Very snug fit and comfortable at same time. Price around 9K. I have done couple of rides in it. No complaints. Along with protection at regular places, it also has Sastec armor for chest area.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-2178ac8560994946a103570454467ea8.jpeg

Full length riding boots from Orazo. INR approx 5K. I am still getting accustomed to it.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-72ed231ad3d347faaf827f6c36323e27.jpeg

Helmet details are already in the Helmets thread so not repeating that here.

I will try to keep the thread active and post periodic updates.

Happy New Year guys! Let's hope a wonderful and cheerful 2021 for everyone!

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 30th December 2020 at 23:24. Reason: Added further detail
abhi_tjet is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 05:05   #5
Team-BHP Support

re: My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review. EDIT: 2 years & 17000 km up

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

Your motorcycle is going to our homepage today

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2020 at 07:07.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 08:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Triple R and thanks for sharing comprehensive review of R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Met Bhpian Ricci here.
Ricci also owns a Linea similar to you, if you aren't aware.
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 11:03   #7
BANNED

abhi_tjet

Awesome to read about your Triumph. It is a lovely bike. I haven’t had a chance to test ride it. But plenty of reference points from people I know.

Enjoy in good health.

Cheers
mohansrides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 11:41   #8
BHPian

Congratulations for getting 765 R. Nice write up for any potential buyers.

Just one word of suggestion on the riding boots. I too have full length riding boots from Orazo. They are good for city commute. For highway riding, they don’t offer enough protection for ankle and shin. I would strongly encourage you to pick a good riding boots from safety point of view.

Any way, wish you a very happy and safe miles on your R.
shan_ned is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 13:48   #9
BHPian

Congratulations on the R mate. its a fantastic machine. When you mentioned first about Ganesh. I knew that this deal is done (LOL you posted as your review still). He is a good friend and I too was looking at R when I decided 10L OTR for me will be too much now and decided to get home a pre owned 650F

Rosso 3 tyres are great and best amongst all 3 offered ST bikes. Life vs grip and real world usage. And about the speedo. Im in agreement with you. Love the Analog-LCd speedo over TFT of the RS. Ride safe!
akshayhonda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 14:16   #10
BHPian

Congratulations! It is an excellent bike. I remember my first test ride on the original street triple R and like you I was blown away! It was unbelievably good. I just went and bought a monster instead because it was my dream bike when I was young. The triple was better than the monster in most aspects. I hope you will have fun and enjoy your ride!
Amsdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 15:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Congratulations
Ricci also owns a Linea similar to you, if you aren't aware.
Thanks Sukiwa. I knew from his Daytona review that he got a T-jet as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
abhi_tjet

Enjoy in good health.
Cheers
Thank you mohan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Congratulations for getting 765 R. I would strongly encourage you to pick a good riding boots from safety point of view.
a very happy and safe miles on your R.
Thanks Shan. Let me use it for couple of months and check. Appreciate the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Congratulations on the R mate. When you mentioned first about Ganesh. I knew that this deal is done (LOL you posted as your review still). He is a good friend and I too was looking at R when I decided 10L OTR for me will be too much now and decided to get home a pre owned 650F
Im in agreement with you. Love the Analog-LCd speedo over TFT of the RS. Ride safe!
Thanks Akshay. You are very correct about Ganesh. CBR is/was mine favorite as well. Alas, it wasn't available. Have gone through your review as well. Inspired me to start writing for my R as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Congratulations! It is an excellent bike. I remember my first test ride on the original street triple R and like you I was blown away! It was unbelievably good. I just went and bought a monster.
Thanks Amsdoc. Ducati has recently got a dealership in Pune. Its my favorite brand as well. However, nothing near 10L OTR. Ducati Mumbai told me about a used Monster but I was just not interested in used ones.
abhi_tjet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 15:59   #12
BHPian

Congratulations and wish you many miles of happy riding. :-)

Although I've never been a fan of Striple's headlamps, your write up makes me want to look beyond that. That matte paint looks really nice.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 11:31   #13
BHPian

Wow! A very detailed written ownership. Congrats and many happy miles ahead! Keep posting the updates.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 16:48   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Sales lead Ganesh interacted with me and from the onset I can say that he is the reason why I ended up buying Triumph. He was honest, humble, informative without being pushy.
Hey Abhi. Congrats on the magnificent Street Triple. I owned the 2017 765 S and I have to say its a fabulous machine and I yearn to some day own it again - perhaps in the RS avatar.

I was at the BU Bhandari Showroom for the Thursday meetup on 31st btw and showed Ganesh your wonderful review. The Pune showroom is really a fabulous set up led by Rajesh and the rest of the team. I keep saying this - both Mumbai and Pune on sales and service are aces and make it so easy to keep returning into the Triumph fold when it comes to Superbikes.

Hope to run into you whenever I ride next with the Pune folks.

I am also loving that Team BHP is getting more and more quality motorcycle content both from riders as well as the wonderful threads started by CrazyDriver and some other members in particular. Hope to see the two wheeled community and content continue to grow this way.

Cheers.
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 21:01   #15
BHPian

Congrats on the ownership. In my opinion, it is currently best all rounder under 10 lacs. I would definitely want to own one someday.
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks