Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2021, 04:35   #31
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Irrespective of brand and service Center, stand with the car/bike and get it serviced. Doing this since 1986, expecting Indian workshops to deliver to your liking is the biggest myth there. If they say it is not allowed, just walk out with your business.

Definitely not practical or ok after paying big bucks for brands, but that’s the way things are.

Things like these really make me think is it worth the headache owning premium bikes/cars in India.
Don't get me wrong I'm a true blue petrol head. I just absolutely adore performance automobiles but even the good ones which sell in India have stupid service issues either because of the dealer or the company itself. In some worst cases, by both!

Consumer protection levels are anyway dismal in our country. But when it happens to a premium automobile owner it hurts more as they love their machines more than the average guy.

In this specific case, I think OP was not wrong in expecting honesty. But the real world is far from ideal. He should've been aware of the issue earlier, I'm wondering how did he not see the difference in the way his bike rides after removal of a part which many here admit improves the lower end driveability and has other benefits?

Maybe OP will be able to shed light on it

Last edited by Himanshu809 : 6th March 2021 at 04:36.
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 07:52   #32
BHPian

Re: Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
He should've been aware of the issue earlier, I'm wondering how did he not see the difference in the way his bike rides after removal of a part which many here admit improves the lower end driveability and has other benefits?

Maybe OP will be able to shed light on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Booster Plug is one of the best after-market parts on my Bonnie. Really sad to know its lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am very surprised you didn't find any performance difference between stock and booster plug in the intervening period!
This aftermarket ' performance ' mod has been sold for ages.Mostly snake oil .At best a poorly designed solution.In cars, you have Racechip and various other potato chips providing ' increased power ' .Good riddance to bad rubbish .
shrjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 16:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
I had a few modifications on the bike and one of them was a booster plug(www.boosterplug.com).
Sorry to hear this. Hope you've been able to get this back from the dealer. To avoid such issues in future, it will be a good idea to state that you have the add on upfront at the time of servicing. You can also tell them that you will be checking the vehicle when they have finished the servicing. Many times, things that you care for will be 'misplaced' by the ASC. Its very stressful to deal with this later.
Old 20th April 2021, 17:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

I prefer to wait it out till my bike is serviced. They take under two hours. If I cant make time for it, I wont give my vehicle for service at all. Because these incidents stay with me and bug me a lot, later on

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks