Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:18   #1
BHPian

Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

I had given my bike for service on Jan 16th for a 60K service and also clutch plate changes. I used to maintain the bike myself but since post covid the spares and parts became difficult to source, I gave it to the service center.

I had a few modifications on the bike and one of them was a booster plug(www.boosterplug.com). I had not removed them before giving to the service thinking that the triumph service center is reliable and responsible and they can be trusted with. I took back the bike from service and I had not noticed it at all till now.

On March 1st, i opened that part where it is fixed and to my dismay found that after market part missing. It is an expensive part which costed me more than Rs.15000. I immediately messaged the contact person and so far i have not got any response from them. In fact that person messaged me back saying was it is common that the spark plug gets changed after service and they can't return the old parts. And the person also messaged me saying someone will talk to me soon to resolve. So far no one has bothered to call.

I am disappointed with their customer service and i have decided that from now onwards i will never give my bike to that service center again. And for your information I know many people in my riding community who are not happy with Keerthi triumph and in fact many of them ride to Pune or Kochi to get their bike serviced.

So whoever is giving to Keerthi make sure you remove your after market parts and then give it to them.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd March 2021 at 13:34. Reason: Paragraph space added for readability
madhukar_n is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

This is very shocking to hear, if I am not mistaken the booster plug is actually a set of wires with couplers to OE coils etc right? and not really a spark plug that gets replaced? How can someone misplace it, actually what would be the need to even remove it even if the spark plugs are being replaced?

This is the part right https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/boo...ille-263p.html ?? And which model is your Triumph bike?

I would suggest you escalate to Triumph Customer Care also.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd March 2021 at 13:37.
Jaggu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

Service centers typically return all old parts to the owner when the parts are changed. Did they not do that?
reignofchaos is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
This is very shocking to hear, if I am not mistaken the booster plug is actually a set of wires with couplers to OE coils etc right? and not really a spark plug that gets replaced? How can someone misplace it, actually what would be the need to even remove it even if the spark plugs are being replaced?

This is the part right https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/boo...ille-263p.html ?? And which model is your Triumph bike?

I would suggest you escalate to Triumph Customer Care also.
It is the Bonneville T100, the 865cc one. Yes it is the same as the link you have put. They did not even know what I was talking of. I messaged the person that spark plug is different and booster plug is different.

I have sent a mail to the triumph customer care also.
madhukar_n is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Service centers typically return all old parts to the owner when the parts are changed. Did they not do that?
A couple of years back, Sanjay (the owner of Keerthi Triumph) had a meeting with a group of 40 to 50 customers. In that meeting, he promised that the Svc would return back all the old parts.

This is a cheating case which the shameless TI will not take any action on the rotten system. At the best, TI will try to pacify the affected customer and not fix the dealer.

Some one has to write an epic if he/she write all the fraud activities and nonsense stuff happening at Keerthi Svc.

Last edited by shan_ned : 3rd March 2021 at 14:32.
shan_ned is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
I had given my bike for service
File a FIR theft case at the local police station and ask for the CCTV footage of the bike being serviced in full via the cops
Red Liner is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 21:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Booster Plug is one of the best after-market parts on my Bonnie. Really sad to know its lost.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2021 at 09:21. Reason: typo
dinu2506 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 21:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I took back the bike from service and I had not noticed it at all till now.
Sorry for being devil's advocate here, but are you sure that it is stolen by Service centre only? Since the time gap between the time bike has left service center and the time you noticed the missing part, is more than a month.

So, in order to do fair and objective analysis, I think it is necessary to state that service center may OR MAY NOT BE the real culprit in this case.

I am not supporting service center here. But, all I am saying before making allegation, we should be sure of the facts.
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 06:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Sorry for being devil's advocate here, but are you sure that it is stolen by Service centre only? Since the time gap between the time bike has left service center and the time you noticed the missing part, is more than a month.

So, in order to do fair and objective analysis, I think it is necessary to state that service center may OR MAY NOT BE the real culprit in this case.

I am not supporting service center here. But, all I am saying before making allegation, we should be sure of the facts.
While we wait for the OP to clarify the point that you raised, let me state my points here :-

1) If the OP had dropped his bike at some other service Center/garage (after getting the service at Keerthi), then one has to investigate where the theft happened. If not, then there can be no argument or doubts on where the theft happened.

Hope Keerthi doesn’t come back and argue that the missing item was stolen by a rat/rodent . Any way, I am sure the OP must have thought about this before raising this allegation against Keerthi. So let’s wait for him to send his comments.

2) Even otherwise, Keerthi is notorious for some of the scams happening there. Tons of complaints related to cheating have been raised against them and unfortunately the management in TI is found to lack any basic mental health required for running the business.

Last edited by shan_ned : 4th March 2021 at 06:31.
shan_ned is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 07:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

Fair enough !! but from Jan 26th to March 1st, its close to impossible for someone to come to my garage, just take the booster plug and connect the original wires back and then leave. In between a few breakfast rides I have been to, the bike was with in my sight. So the point you have raised if it has happened, it would be a miracle.
madhukar_n is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 08:11   #11
BHPian

One update is that a person from TI had called and gave a patient hearing to what I had to say. He said he will get back 2-3 days after doing some investigation with Keerthi.
madhukar_n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 08:51   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One update is that a person from TI had called and gave a patient hearing to what I had to say. He said he will get back 2-3 days after doing some investigation with Keerthi.
I am very surprised you didn't find any performance difference between stock and booster plug in the intervening period!
Red Liner is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 09:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On March 1st, i opened that part where it is fixed and to my dismay found that after market part missing.
Share a picture of the Booster Plug fitted on your bike with Keerthi Triumph or whoever you are talking to at Triumph. They might be thinking its just some spark plug so why bother.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 09:26   #14
BHPian

Re: Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am very surprised you didn't find any performance difference between stock and booster plug in the intervening period!
I think the issue was the clutch plate was worn and I had put a booster plug just last year. So after that there was a difference. With the new clutch plates, there was a performance difference similar to the way, when the bike was new. I thought it was the effect of the new clutch plates and the booster plug. That curiosity was the reason I opened to remove the booster plug.
madhukar_n is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 09:27   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

I empathize with your situation, but IMHO, you should have thoroughly checked the motorcycle at the time of delivery. Think of the situation from the POV of Triumph or its dealership head. If I was the owner of the dealership, it would basically be your word against that of the service staff. Believe me when I say this, customers also cheat dealerships all the time (not saying you did this at all - just stating a fact so we can empathize with them too).

Quote:
Fair enough !! but from Jan 26th to March 1st, its close to impossible for someone to come to my garage, just take the booster plug and connect the original wires back and then leave. In between a few breakfast rides I have been to, the bike was with in my sight.
Understood. But it's not impossible. I'd once lost a pair of sunglasses which I blamed on the service center. About a month or two later, I found out that my PA had emptied the car before service and sent it home in a plastic bag. The shades were lying in a corner of my home office.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks