Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2021, 14:18   #16
BHPian

re: 2021 Honda CBR 650R | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Why is it then that even in your review i don't see you or for that matter anyone else raving about the acceleration of this bike? Is it the lack of torque? I mean if you have driven the Duke 390 which is supposed to be much slower than this bike, how does this compare?
I get what you saying. You ride the R15 or the R3 or the R6 or even the mighty R1, the bike always feels like in control. You could jump from the R15 to the R6 and still feel comfortable. Even when you pick up the CBR650R after the R15, although almost 4 times the power, you will still feel comfortable after riding it for 20-30 kms itself. The power delivery is uniform and gradual and not spinning the wheel out or popping an unintentional wheelie etc. I have ridden the Duke 390 and also the RC 390. It is no doubt more 'Exciting' the way it just picks up suddenly but it's probably my riding style with all sane bikes, the 390 was not for me.

Let me put it this way. With these so called sane bikes, you do not realize that you are doing a triple digit already while with the exciting bikes you might still be doing double digits but it gives the 'feel' of going much faster due to the way it builds up.

0-100 in 3.x seconds sure tells that there is enough usable torque in every gear, very well distributed.

Secret : Although the bike is sold out for this year, people have still managed their turn due to cancellations. Rare but has happened. So if you are really interested, just put in your name and who knows !!
abhisheksircar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 14:44   #17
BHPian

Beautiful writing. And, that Akra exhaust note is something else! It must bring out the child in you

By the way, I noticed the tire pressure valve is a tilted one. The external TPMS has the potential to disturb the wheel balance because of the extra weight. Maybe you should keep an eye out.
siddhant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 14:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations, Abhi, and wishing you tens of thousands of happy kms on the Honda. From my limited knowledge of superbikes, I can safely say that this is a lovely machine and is bound to keep you happy for many many years to come!

To fellow BHP-ians - Abhi has been instrumental in getting me back on the saddle after a hiatus of almost a decade. Thanks to him, I now own this beauty!

2021 Honda CBR 650R | Ownership Review-r3.jpg

Not only did he get me the pointers to this bike but also drove halfway across the city, sacrificing his family time on a weekend, to evaluate the bike and help me make a decision. THIS is what TBHP camaraderie is all about

Apologies for hijacking your thread, Abhi
cool_dube is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 18:24   #19
BHPian

I was just wondering when is the review coming and bang on here it is. And that too the best review anyone can read online and by a country mile.
The evotech frame slider is the best bet as it has multiple fixing points compared to single one of the R&G and similar products. And the decal mod on the machine makes it way more sweeter too. Congrats and wishing you a minimum of a million happy miles with it.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 19:21   #20
BHPian

Oh man I may have to skip office to get reading with this one. Just skipped to the clicks and drooling all over my laptop.

Kudos Abhi on the latest acquisition. As much as I hate you for dumping (finally) Yamaha I can't be more happy that you are still connected with 2-wheels.

Can't believe how you have grown from a humble Yamaha Libero (IIRC) to the CBR.

Congratulations once again and wishing you many safe & splendid miles ahead.
Asif 6959 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 19:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
The external TPMS has the potential to disturb the wheel balance because of the extra weight. Maybe you should keep an eye out.
I really didn't think about that Siddhant. It's 12 gms and external and hence I thought it should be okay, but I'll keep a watch. The internal one, I have been told needs re-calibration because you open the wheel and install it inside and hence. And yes, the valve is tilted from the factory itself. Activa style

I'll update, if there are any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif 6959 View Post
Kudos Abhi on the latest acquisition. As much as I hate you for dumping (finally) Yamaha I can't be more happy that you are still connected with 2-wheels.
I would have really loved to continue being with the 3 tuning forks but I was left with no choice. Do not want to quote names, but someone from within Yamaha itself told me to not wait and go ahead with the 650R as it's a great bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif 6959 View Post
Can't believe how you have grown from a humble Yamaha Libero (IIRC) to the CBR.
Yes, it's been a long journey from the Yamaha Fazer (bug eyed) to the 650R. Actually goes back to the RX back in 2001. Just can't keep away from 2 wheels !!
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 03:02   #22
BHPian

Amazing write up of a gorgeous beauty you’ve got there. Congratulations and wishing you thousands of miles of fun with the beast. The attention to detail and care in armouring up the bike, both cosmetic and functional deserves an applause.

With the akra and the gleaming red flowing out of the pictures, it appeals like a singing ruby on tarmac.
raiuday is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 09:14   #23
BHPian

Re: 2021 Honda CBR 650R | Ownership Review

It seems the world is aligning things together for me to fulfill my itch that has (re)started for few weeks. I've been reading and reading and watching almost all of youtube videos there are on CBR650R and F. I am bit confused on whether to get the Versys650 2022(new launch) because I need pillion comfort as well, or the CBR(I just love the 4cyl sound). It's bit of a dilemma for me as heart says the Honda, but the mind says the Versys.

And here comes your thread. Man, it seems it's time to get one for myself. Great thread and I enjoyed reading it yesterday.

I've inquired with Bigwing guys and it is out of stock for this year and up to March 22! They said they'll get back after March. The on-road price they mentioned is 11.04 Lakhs! This(price) was the only reason I'm holding back up to now

Now, people knowledgeable about the road taxes, I've a question - they mentioned that the road tax is 20% of the ex-showroom price in Bengaluru, is this so? What I read and understood was it to be 17%. What are the correct numbers?

@abhisheksircar although I won't go to the extent you went to get the bike allotted(Need time for funds ), it was great how you aligned things together to get this beauty. Thanks for sharing.
amods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 10:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
I am bit confused on whether to get the Versys650 2022(new launch) because I need pillion comfort as well, or the CBR(I just love the 4cyl sound). It's bit of a dilemma for me as heart says the Honda, but the mind says the Versys.
If pillion comfort is one of your Primary calls, Versys fits in quite well actually. It's a very capable bike but I agree, you miss on the In-line 4. A lot depends on what kind of bikes you are used to as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Now, people knowledgeable about the road taxes, I've a question - they mentioned that the road tax is 20% of the ex-showroom price in Bengaluru, is this so? What I read and understood was it to be 17%. What are the correct numbers?
I checked the receipts and the tax invoice which is from Govt. of Karnataka, it calculates to 20%.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:09   #25
BHPian

Re: Introduction to the Honda Bigwing Topline Family (Bengaluru)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
and the goodbye with me enjoying riding this phenomenal machine !!
Congratulations on getting back in the game again!
It's very addictive

I had the CBR650F for a brief period of time,
loved the character of the bike, calm & composed below 6000 rpm,
& that growl on even the stock exhaust is unmatched.

Yours look even better

I hate that Indian govt. has blocked aliexpress,
used to order so many bike accessories from there,
where are you getting your accessories from?
Nitish.arnold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:27   #26
BHPian

Re: Introduction to the Honda Bigwing Topline Family (Bengaluru)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
I had the CBR650F for a brief period of time,
loved the character of the bike, calm & composed below 6000 rpm,
& that growl on even the stock exhaust is unmatched.
The 650F is still such a capable vehicle and will be enjoyed by it's owners for quite sometime. Quite a tourer it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
I hate that Indian govt. has blocked aliexpress,
used to order so many bike accessories from there,
where are you getting your accessories from?
Evotech : I ordered directly (https://evotech-performance.com/). Got the stuff in 5 days although a good amount of duty was paid out. 42% approx and then there is the shipping cost. Makes the price similar to what the stores in India are selling for.

Rest was from a store in Bangalore (https://www.bikenbiker.com/) or another store from Goa. Some were from the showroom itself, like the Akra and the BMS Filter.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 6th December 2021 at 16:29. Reason: added evotech site
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:53   #27
BHPian

Awesome bike, congrats, good review. Once it was in my purchase list, these days I am not riding much. I am happy with CBR 250. Honda makes practical sport bikes.
sharan_si is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 08:33   #28
BHPian

Awesome bike and great review. I'm not into biking but whenever I would make my mind to invest myself into one, I'm sure this one would top the list. Honda indeed is fuss free and have always been a Honda fanboy in terms of design language.
Wish you many happy miles and do keep sharing your experience specially for newbies like me!
pineapple_ameet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 15:51   #29
BHPian

God damn what a review this was. Nothing short of an official review from team bhp itself. And the bike looks devilish in that red. Looking forward to more updates on the bike and many congratulations to you!
aarnav_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 16:07   #30
BHPian

Congratulations Abhishek (from another Abhishek )for the CBR.
This bike is one of the best example of fun, smashing looks and practicality.

Alas, I wasn’t meant to own this beauty. Red is my favourite color too on this iteration of CBR650R. I also concur with you completely regarding the graphics removal. Good job there. I too, would have done the same. This very detailed review of you will serve as wiki for many new potential/existing CBR owners.

Wishing safe rides to you
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks