Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 06:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Rip-off Alert! BMW Motorrad Bangalore (Tusker Motorrad) cuts Rs 50,000 as cancellation fee on a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
Can someone explain the buying process of a bike that is already on the shop floor? Why is there a need to book? If I have the money, can I pay the money and ride out of the showroom with a temporary registration? Who owns these process bottlenecks? The dealer or the RTO? What does a dealer need to do after the booking?
It is not a booking but more like a deposit to hold the bike under the buyer's name. This is when the buyer wants to arrange for financing if he is not paying in cash. It is a gentleman's agreement that the dealer and buyer will transact.

Pre-owned bikes are already registered. The dealer just has to transfer the paperwork to the buyer.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 18:18   #32
BHPian

Re: Rip-off Alert! BMW Motorrad Bangalore (Tusker Motorrad) cuts Rs 50,000 as cancellation fee on a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Govind drops an email. Attachment 2211027
If this exact bike is the one in question, then it seems like its already in a second ownership now. Just ran a quick check on CarInfo -

Rip-off Alert! BMW Motorrad Bangalore (Tusker Motorrad) cuts Rs 50,000 as cancellation fee on a demo-whatsapp-image-20210925-6.09.50-pm.jpeg

Also, i think this is the fifth thread on TBHP i have mentioned this, but Tusker Group is owned by a bunch of goons. I have experienced this personally at their Harley dealership and also a dozen other friends and acquaintances have the same opinion. I'm surprised to see they're still in business.
LOL_FWD is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 21:03   #33
BHPian

I feel there are 2 ways to look at this without getting emotional about it.

From customer experience and brand value perspective - BMW or rather this particular dealer needs some lessons on international standards and concepts like customer service.

But I feel the buyer too should have checked their rules and done his homework before paying the booking amount. Its definitely not customer-centric behaviour from the seller and definitely not on par with international standards but the 2 parties here did enter into an agreement where the seller had reserved the right to deduct a cancellation fee. I agree its unreasonably high but they entered into that agreement willingly didn't they?
Old 25th September 2021, 22:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ok so let me chime in.
I'm a dealer.
There is nothing that a dealer can deduct as a cancelation fee. Even if they print it on any piece of paper it cannot be enforced in the court of law unless the signature is on a registered agreement.
Only time the court will side with the dealer would be if the dealer incurred heavy expenses on getting a vehicle which has almost zero sale and was a special order from the customer.
If your BMW dealer doesn't revert your money please first send him a legal notice, then have a FIR done. And then proceed to court. You'll get your money along with legal expenses.

The only things I am assuming here is that indeed the cancelation happened on the same day and the dealer didn't order a vehicle with low sale potential specially for you.

Oh and none of the terms and conditions written work if they are made by the dealer himself. Only the law of the land works. Everyone has to abide by it and only it.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 25th September 2021 at 22:45.
navpreet318 is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 05:33   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Govind drops an email.
Do / can we know the final outcome. Was he billed 50k finally? Did Tusker ease their stance on this? Did Motorrad offer any mediation support (the last bit would be instructive to assess their willingness to help customers).

Thank you.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks