Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2023, 09:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
Price is announced and available in official triumph website.

R : 10.17L Cristal white
R : 10.43L Silver ice

RS : 11.81L. Silver ice
RS : 12.07L. Carnival Red / Cosmic yellow

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/mo...eet-triple-765
That's a pleasant surprise. Good pricing and VFM for what is offered. Should I / Should I not - My classic air-cooled 2015 Bonnie (love it to bits) vs this new kid on the block. Can't have both, unfortunately
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 10:16   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Striple R: Rs. 12.36 - 12.55L (depending on color)
Striple RS: Rs. 14.26 - 14.55 (depending on color)

This is broadly where I’d expected the on-road pricing to end up for these updated models even back in March / April. Personally, I think this is palatable pricing for the product and the updates it carries (and in the context of where prices overall have gotten to in the market).
I was disproportionately focussed on the RS actually which is priced exactly where I expected it to end up. Seeing the price hike numbers again and revisiting my older post, I think on the R, its just a hint on the richer side. I was hoping closer to a 50k hike whereas the hike is closer 80/85k on the ex showroom.

Overall of course this still remains perhaps the most compelling middle weight naked option out there. If I was in the market for a naked, its the Striple that would get my money for sure.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th June 2023 at 13:05. Reason: Typo. “Revisiting”
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 10:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I was disproportionately focussed on the RS actually which is priced exactly where I expected it to end up. Seeing the price hike numbers again and revising my older post, I think on the R, its just a hint on the richer side. I was hoping closer to a 50k hike whereas the hike is closer 80/85k on the ex showroom.

Overall of course this still remains perhaps the most compelling middle weight naked option out there. If I was in the market for a naked, its the Striple that would get my money for sure.
Compared to the options we have, this one seems the most compelling I fully agree. Except for Z900, everything else is priced 12+ ex and besides the N1000, plus the Katana (not everyone's taste) nothing seems worth considering to me personally. I start really looking into the ADV territory beyond these.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 16:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
That's a pleasant surprise. Good pricing and VFM for what is offered. Should I / Should I not - My classic air-cooled 2015 Bonnie (love it to bits) vs this new kid on the block. Can't have both, unfortunately
Dinu, I am sure you are aware but just saying since you are thinking of keeping only one bike. Extremely different bikes in every way, power delivery, rider triangle and comfort. If you would like to go for it please do take at least a couple of very long test rides of the Triple before putting your money down to avoid making a mistake of the heart.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 17th June 2023 at 16:59.
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 17:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Dinu, I am sure you are aware but just saying since you are thinking of keeping only one bike. Extremely different bikes in every way, power delivery, rider triangle and comfort. If you would like to go for it please do take at least a couple of very long test rides of the Triple before putting your money down to avoid making a mistake of the heart.

Cheers
Definitely, will do. The Bonnie, though nearing 8 years, still puts a smile on me every time I take her out. Being one of the last air-cooled twins from Triumph, I just don't want to give her away. Basic electronics, reliable like crazy, maybe I should just keep her. The only thing I wished she had, was ABS. But, maybe that helped me learn to ride without that additional safety net.
But yes, the Striple is also a compelling proposition, but, as you said, in a very different way. The more I think of it, I feel it may not be for me. One major factor gravitating me towards this is the weight - at less than 170 kg, not many in this range comes this light. I'm in the wrong side of the 50's and don't know how long I can manage the 200kg plus bikes
dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 23:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One major factor gravitating me towards this is the weight - at less than 170 kg, not many in this range comes this light. I'm in the wrong side of the 50's and don't know how long I can manage the 200kg plus bikes
Dinu I would strongly suggest you do not limit yourself/your capabilities with your mind. Be positive, there is absolutely no reason for not being able to manage 200 kg plus bikes in your 50’s and beyond. Being in your 50’s has nothing to with it, as it is widely said, age is just a number, keep yourself fit and ride on

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 07:46   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Definitely, will do. The Bonnie, though nearing 8 years, still puts a smile on me every time I take her out. Being one of the last air-cooled twins from Triumph, I just don't want to give her away.

But yes, the Striple is also a compelling proposition, but, as you said, in a very different way. The more I think of it, I feel it may not be for me. One major factor gravitating me towards this is the weight - at less than 170 kg, not many in this range comes this light. I'm in the wrong side of the 50's and don't know how long I can manage the 200kg plus bikes
1. Age, like Cyborg rightly said is just a number. Don’t let that limit what you do as long as you stay fit enough to pursue your passions.

2. In any event, weight is not an isolated concern. So is riding posture and the Bonnie has an easier riding posture than the Striple. So your fitness will be tested on either bike, just on different metrics. A 200 kg Bonnie may actually demand ‘less’ (or at the very least a ‘different’) kind of fitness than what the Striples posture may demand.

3. Do consider whether you are open to a 2 year old used Striple. Your 8 year old Bonnie can’t possibly fetch more than 4 - 5 lakh I’m guessing and a slightly used Striple vs a new one may be enough price difference to allow you to keep both.

4. Most importantly, this seems like the kind of bike you’re unsure of anyway. Definitely take an extended test drive and sleep over the decision before taking the plunge.

All the best!
Axe77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 14:21   #53
BHPian

The prices have gone up including the 660s. The latest prices from Keerthi in Bangalore OTR are 11 for Trident 660, 13+ for Street triple R and 15+ for Street Triple RS. 765s are already better equipped than the 660 by default. Add in some accessories and good to haves and we are probably looking at 12L for Trident, and 14L for R and 16L for RS approx on the road realistically.
Slash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 18:24   #54

Here is the updated price list sent by Keerthi Triumph bangalore.

[ATTACH=NEW PRICE LIST-14.06.2023A.pdf]2467538[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEW PRICE LIST-14.06.2023A.pdf (630.9 KB, 186 views)
madhukarah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 01:55   #55
BHPian

Guys, did any of you who booked a Striple RS/R received any confirmed date on the deliveries? My friend booked a 23 Striple RS and Triumph is not giving him any concrete date and it is getting delayed for the past 3 months. Their customer service team is ignoring his queries as well and the situation is starting to get really frustrating. Is it due to the Triumph-Bajaj takeover scenario?
Old 10th July 2023, 07:57   #56
BHPian

This has been a frustrating scenario for me as well. I sort of pre booked the 23 STR just ahead of it's global launch in Nov.22 and the estimated time for the bikes to come to India would have been March 23. I couldn't wait anymore and picked up the Trident by the end of April, anticipating that not only would the bikes get delayed but that the prices would also go up. I believe there's a limited supply of the STR coming in and hence the delay. Bookings are sitting from last year's global reveal but at this point of time, I would simply not recommend anyone to cancel. The STRs are well worth the painful waiting period.
Though not comparable, the Trident is great in it's own character - you have to wring and massage it a bit but it does it's job well and that's a lot of fun in the safety zone. Hope KTM gets the 890R to India this or next year, those manic, jumpy and not so refined torque curves keep you on the edge. Till then the RS is possibly the best bet - ask your friend to hold on.
Slash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 18:53   #57

I booked mine in December 2022 and the last week update I received is that dispatch will start soon, followed by allocation confirmation. Hoping to have it by August, maybe?
The wait has been long, but I believe it'll be worth it. Exciting times ahead!
madhukarah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 00:27   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
Till then the RS is possibly the best bet - ask your friend to hold on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukarah View Post
I booked mine in December 2022 and the last week update I received is that dispatch will start soon, followed by allocation confirmation. Hoping to have it by August, maybe?
The wait has been long, but I believe it'll be worth it. Exciting times ahead!
Thanks guys. I have the same opinion and there are no direct rivals to an RS in Indian market. My friend was able to connect to a Bajaj official and he told him there are homologation issues and the bike is yet to be cleared. Hopefully they can manage the situation fast enough
b16h22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 18:50   #59
BHPian

IMO the cosmic yellow looks amazing.
Old 24th July 2023, 00:13   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Thanks guys. I have the same opinion and there are no direct rivals to an RS in Indian market. My friend was able to connect to a Bajaj official and he told him there are homologation issues and the bike is yet to be cleared. Hopefully they can manage the situation fast enough
So, still stuck in homologation & yet to be cleared. Does it mean that there is a possibility that it may NOT be cleared as well? Or is it that everything is cleared, but some last minute formalities are yet to be done & dusted. So not really a major blocker per se, but will take time & once the formalities get done, the bike will be released in India (without any changes to the specs).

Sorry, a bit confused here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks