Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 23:20   #1
Team-BHP Support

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

Triumph has announced major updates for the 2023 Street Triple range, with engine updates as well. The updates announced include-
  • Upgraded 765cc triple engine, with 120 PS for the Street Triple R and a category-leading peak power of 130 PS for the RS & Moto2TM Edition, plus increased peak torque at 80Nm on all models
  • Improved responsiveness and acceleration with revised gearing and final drive
  • New freer-flowing exhaust and silencer delivers the trademark triple soundtrack
  • Track-ready Triumph Shift Assist up-and-down quickshifter fitted to all three models
  • New optimised cornering ABS and switchable optimised cornering traction control
  • Riding modes upgraded with new more dynamic throttle maps
  • 5” TFT instruments on the RS & Moto2TM Edition and multifunctional instruments with TFT display on the R
  • All-LED lighting with distinctively shaped daytime running lights on the RS & Moto2TM Edition (market specific)
  • Enhanced ergonomics with wider handlebars on the Street Triple R and RS, and revised geometry for even better agility on the new RS & Moto2TM Edition
  • Highest ever specification Brembo Stylema® brakes on the RS & Moto2TM Edition
  • High specification fully-adjustable suspension
  • Gullwing swingarm enhances high-speed stability and precise chassis behaviour
  • Track-ready specification on the Moto2TM Edition, including new performance-tuned fully-adjustable Öhlins suspension and new clip-on handlebars
  • New sharper, more aggressive bodywork
  • New race-derived 765 liveries with bold and distinctive colour schemes
  • Official Moto2TM branding and sporty carbon fibre bodywork on the Moto2TM Edition

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_rs_static_01.jpg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_rs_detail_06.jpg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_rs_static_08.jpg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_rs_static_05.jpg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_rs_detail_08.jpg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_rs_detail_09.jpg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_rs_detail_012.jpg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_moto2_edition_static_05.jpg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_my23_street_triple_moto2_edition_static_06-1.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 00:18   #2
BHPian

re: Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

That lemon yellow looks delicious. Hopefully the R won't get 2 lacs dearer like I am suspecting. Sadly the nice tachometer on the R is gone with I am pretty sure a sad looking TFT as they can't let the R and RS have the same display.
Is the suspension now upgraded on the R?
doga is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 04:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

Can’t wait for these beauties to land on Indian shores - the RS in that ravishing red as well as silver ice shades have completely stolen my heart. This should hands down be the best Street Triple to date. Visually too, you can see the much stronger resemblance (predictably) to its older sibling.

Within the range, personally to me, the RS is the pick of the lot. It retains the street / sport DNA of the Striple while unleashing even more power combined with absolutely top notch tech & component specs. Instead of this Moto 2 edition with clip on handles (& more) I think a lot of folks would have just preferred if they’d gone the whole hog and launched a current gen Daytona iteration instead which would have been properly track worthy with its all important fairing.

I’m just a tad disappointed at the drop in fuel tank capacity by a couple of litres - extra tank range is always welcome - as well as by the increased seat height but the latter is apparently fixable with a lower seat option.

The Striple has always been Jekyll & Hyde personality. I expect it to remain as versatile while pottering about in the city as it would be unleashing mayhem on a track. Some sweet videos already dropped on the Official Triumph channel. Leaving some of them here.

Street Triple (full range)

Street Triple RS

Street Triple Moto2 edition.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th November 2022 at 12:00. Reason: Typo
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 05:22   #4
BHPian

Looks glorious and means business. That lemon lime color is sublime and much needed from the previous grey variant.

I feel the exhaust doesn't fit with the flow of the bike. Anyways, a naked like this needs a nice short stubby slip on like SC or Zard. Will be music to the ears.

Look forward to the reviews coming out.
no_fear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 11:56   #5
BHPian

Below is the link for Street Triple R .

Negatives in my opinion
‘R’ gets the same mirrors, dash as Trident.
Tyres are no more Pirelli, instead Continental Road sport. Downgrade?
Fuel tank capacity is lower by 2 lts at 15L.

Positives
Good part is that cornering ABS is standard on the entire lineup.
Also, 120 ps of max power comes early at 11500rpm as compared to 118 ps at 12k rpm.

Neutral
Seat height is same at 826mm as compared to 2023 RS which is at 836 mm.

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 4th November 2022 at 12:04. Reason: Adding point
abhi_tjet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 12:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Negatives in my opinion
‘R’ gets the same mirrors, dash as Trident.
I think the instrument display is from the Tiger Sport 660. The Analog Tacho will be missed!

I like the color pallet of the R - Silver | White

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 12:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
I like the color pallet of the R - Silver | White

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
RS gets more striking colour options

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-4ddbcc0da31d42c4abb5910ea044bb25.jpeg
abhi_tjet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 14:00   #8
BHPian

Street Triple R looks very good.

Not a fan of this RS's aesthetics. Clip-on bars on a naked bike? Perhaps a negative over previous gen which got standard handlebar.

Does cornering ABS/TC mean it now gets an IMU like the Yamaha MT-09? IMU is not mentioned explicitly in the feature list.

This new TFT looks U-G-L-Y! For something that would be glanced at all the time, it's not good enough. Not sure if the '23 RS gets the same TFT from '22. The previous gen TFT was excellent.

My pick would always be the previous gen Street Triple RS. Such a lovely machine.
Old 4th November 2022, 16:07   #9
BHPian

Wow! What a lovely bike! I would pick the red one out of the lot. Lemon lime color too looks hot but that stitching on the seat stands out on the red color bike.

STriple has always been a no nonsense bike and you can't go wrong with it. Got to ride it for half a day on some super smooth roads in the mountains and I was sold almost instantly.

Any idea when this one will hit our shores? Can't wait to TR it.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 18:03   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

Any idea when this one will hit our shores? Can't wait to TR it.
First lot of bikes I reckon should be in India around March 2023. I think they’ll get their TD bikes at the same time since most dealers have now disposed off their current demo bikes.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 18:05   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

With Ducati messing up the monster design, this hands down looks one of the best naked bike. Overall the bike looks absolutely stunning in the lime yellow.

I don't know why Triumph is not getting the Daytona back, it will sell very well. Good job Triumph, now hopefully they don't go crazy with pricing and keep it closer to the current pricing.

Would absolutely not mind having a RS in my garage, as it stands I already got a matching helmet with Lime yellow!

Last edited by AtheK : 4th November 2022 at 18:06.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 00:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Not a fan of this RS's aesthetics. Clip-on bars on a naked bike? Perhaps a negative over previous gen which got standard handlebar.

Does cornering ABS/TC mean it now gets an IMU like the Yamaha MT-09? IMU is not mentioned explicitly in the feature list.
Hello GoBlue,

Clip-on bars are only for the limited edition Moto2 inspired version. It’s restricted to 765 units worldwide with India not getting any. Unit numbering on the clip-on’s looks sharp. It is shown in the Autocar India article.

IMU is confirmed, excerpt from the Visordown article below.

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-22c8c780be744593ae7aa1e8c32039d9.jpeg

Autocar India:

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...nveiled-426219

Visordown:

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-b...edition-arrive

All the versions have a more committed riding position with the Moto2 edition the most extreme. It’s also got a combined braking system of sorts, the system figures out and applies the rear brake in some proportion when the front brake is applied. The handlebar on the R and RS is 22mm wider for additional leverage.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 11:16   #13
BHPian

The Brembo Stylema brakes and IMU electronics that the RS gets is in itself such a sweet upgrade. More than the 6-7 HP power increase, which doesn't really matter.

However, all of these goodies could come at a significant price bump.

Have they released UK prices?
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 14:50   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
The Brembo Stylema brakes and IMU electronics that the RS gets is in itself such a sweet upgrade.
Completely agree.

Quote:
However, all of these goodies could come at a significant price bump.

Have they released UK prices?
I believe the hike in UK prices isn’t a lot - I “think” I saw one of the videos with indicated UK prices but I’m not 100% sure. In India, I heard rumblings from one dealer that they’re expecting about 50k price hike. For the spec upgrade, I think its not too bad.

At the end of the day, this is not a generation change but a mid life upgrade, albeit with significant changes and not just nips and tucks. About 50k should be palatable. Anything more would be a bit much.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:23   #15
BHPian

I was able to convert my recent Trident booking to the upcoming new Street triple R silver ice recently. Somewhat like a pre booking I guess. I liked white but choose to steer away since the cops use the same colour bikes. My experience with Keerthi has been good so far and I'm hoping things go smoothly down the line. Can't wait.
The carnival red RS looks amazing. The RS has a 300Gbp hike versus the R which has a 100Gbp increase. This would trickle down relatively to a higher price for the RS, while the R could somewhat be around 35k - 50k. The RS seat height has gone up by 11mm pushing it now to 836mm, but this time around a low seat option is available which wasn't there before in India. It's also available for the R. The moto2 model is even higher but isn't going to be available here. IMU is standard across all the models which makes the R even more desirable. I was told deliveries will start March/April. The free flow exhaust has been upgraded too. Can't wait to hear what the next soundtrack will be like over the already superb exhaust note.
Slash is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks