Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2023, 15:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Dual Wield | Triumph Tiger 1200 XCx + Honda CBR 1000RR | Long-Term Ownership Review

I just went through your whole write up in between a court break. Just couldn’t concentrate back on the case listed for later this afternoon. Stood up and requested for the case to be posted again tomorrow. That is how ridiculously entertaining your post is. Congratulations on owning two of the best in business. I will make it a point from here on about reading your posts while leaving from office or while retiring to bed.
Legal_Eagle is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 17:06   #17
BHPian

Re: Dual Wield | Triumph Tiger 1200 XCx + Honda CBR 1000RR | Long-Term Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal_Eagle View Post
I just went through your whole write up in between a court break. Just couldn’t concentrate back on the case listed for later this afternoon. Stood up and requested for the case to be posted again tomorrow. That is how ridiculously entertaining your post is. Congratulations on owning two of the best in business. I will make it a point from here on about reading your posts while leaving from office or while retiring to bed.
High praise, counsel. I'm glad I was able to aid and abet in the tardiness of Indian jurisprudence.

In all seriousness though, genuinely grateful for your kind words. It only fans the fire to write more.
BoltThrower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 20:52   #18
Team-BHP Support

Smashingly entertaining writing BoltThrower. I absolutely loved reading every bit of it. And happy to see that you landed a pal’s blade and it remains with an enthusiast!!

Look forward to reading your ongoing adventures on both these steeds. Wish you many happy miles on both.

Cheers.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th June 2023 at 20:56.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 21:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
October 2021. Fez,.
Take a bow, Mr. Bolt. What a write up! Now, this is the kind of post worthy of the hot threads list! Thoroughly enjoyed it with every line. It takes a special kind of courage to buy a 1200cc ADV which is.. as you said, a tusker in heat, espcially after seeing the odo figures. Those numbers alone would have given a seizure attack to a lot of Indian folk. Great post, filled with so many chuckles. Keep writing, keep us all entertained.

Cheers,
Doc_Nikhil.
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 01:17   #20

This has to be one of highest quality write-ups I've laid my eyes on, kudos!

After reading through the fireblade segment, getting to ride one is officially in my bucket list now!
elampumpkin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 05:19   #21
BHPian

Crisp write up! I could sense the thrill while reading it all and I can only imagine what rollercoaster of emotions you might have gone through. Mere mortals would flinch at vehicles run half of that Tiger's mileage and might steer clear. I'll be keeping a keen eye on this thread for further experiences. For the younger enthusiasts and/or new riders, would you mind sharing more details about your purchases (read, monies!)?
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 09:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Smashingly entertaining writing BoltThrower. I absolutely loved reading every bit of it. And happy to see that you landed a pal’s blade and it remains with an enthusiast!!

Look forward to reading your ongoing adventures on both these steeds. Wish you many happy miles on both.

Cheers.
Thanks Axe. The pal in question is riding to Siachen in a few days. I smell a great post if we can get him to write it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Take a bow, Mr. Bolt. What a write up! Now, this is the kind of post worthy of the hot threads list! Thoroughly enjoyed it with every line. It takes a special kind of courage to buy a 1200cc ADV which is.. as you said, a tusker in heat, espcially after seeing the odo figures. Those numbers alone would have given a seizure attack to a lot of Indian folk. Great post, filled with so many chuckles. Keep writing, keep us all entertained.

Cheers,
Doc_Nikhil.
Thanks a bunch Doc_Nikhil. When it came down to it, I was placated about the odo figures after speaking extensively with the previous owner. Before we drove to Indore, he and I had had maybe 20 or so calls and he had patiently, even enthusiastically, answered all my questions going so far as to making detailed videos explaining all the various points we were discussing at the time. Appreciate the kind words and will keep the thread alive with updates. Much cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elampumpkin View Post
This has to be one of highest quality write-ups I've laid my eyes on, kudos!

After reading through the fireblade segment, getting to ride one is officially in my bucket list now!
Thank you kindly good sir, elampumpkin. The blade is best described as a force of nature. A tempest at the beck and call of your wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Crisp write up! I could sense the thrill while reading it all and I can only imagine what rollercoaster of emotions you might have gone through. Mere mortals would flinch at vehicles run half of that Tiger's mileage and might steer clear. I'll be keeping a keen eye on this thread for further experiences. For the younger enthusiasts and/or new riders, would you mind sharing more details about your purchases (read, monies!)?
Thanks Rahul. I think having a friend own and run a fully stocked and capable FNG adds a whole heap of confidence when making such purchases. In terms of monies, both vehicles cost me in the ballpark of 7-8 each. Cheers.
BoltThrower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 10:34   #23
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of bikes have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Dual Wield | Triumph Tiger 1200 XCx + Honda CBR 1000RR | Long-Term Ownership Review-tr.png
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of bikes have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Attachment 2460882
That's a biggie! I'm humbled and honoured, thank you Aditya. And thanks to the mods team at large for doing a stellar job. Cheers
BoltThrower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 11:59   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on the bikes, and what a lovely write-up! Rated 5 stars.

That "if you ride hard enough, you'll die and never need retirement money" is something I've told my best friend so often, and when I sent him a link to this thread, he texted me saying "When did you buy 2 new bikes?"

Thoroughly enjoyed reading, and I wish you millions of kms of fun on 2 wheels! Ride safe, and looking forward to reading the next updates.

Last edited by boniver : 8th June 2023 at 12:00.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 14:22   #26
BHPian

This is surely one of the top write ups on our beloved forum. What a fantastic feeling I got while reading. It must have taken some time. Thanks for such a lovely write up.

Finding a used super bike like Fire-blade is a task in itself here. Great you got a real gem. I appreciate the expenditure figures you have shared. This thing holds many of us here to dive in the world of super bikes / bigg bikes. Buying a bike is relatively easy than maintaining it.

Pl keep this thread updated with your experiences and living together with these two gem of bikes.

Happy riding…

Cheers.
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 21:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Congratulations on the bikes, and what a lovely write-up! Rated 5 stars.

That "if you ride hard enough, you'll die and never need retirement money" is something I've told my best friend so often, and when I sent him a link to this thread, he texted me saying "When did you buy 2 new bikes?"

Thoroughly enjoyed reading, and I wish you millions of kms of fun on 2 wheels! Ride safe, and looking forward to reading the next updates.
Thanks boniver. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with wonky finance ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Shikhar View Post
This is surely one of the top write ups on our beloved forum. What a fantastic feeling I got while reading. It must have taken some time. Thanks for such a lovely write up.

Finding a used super bike like Fire-blade is a task in itself here. Great you got a real gem. I appreciate the expenditure figures you have shared. This thing holds many of us here to dive in the world of super bikes / bigg bikes. Buying a bike is relatively easy than maintaining it.

Pl keep this thread updated with your experiences and living together with these two gem of bikes.

Happy riding…

Cheers.
Thanks Guru_Shikhar. Your words are highly encouraging. I will post more updates as they happen. Been tinkering with the idea of doing a deep dive video on the cockpits of both bikes in the meantime. Cheers, and thanks again. Happy riding.
BoltThrower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 22:07   #28
BHPian

What a scrupulous write up!! Appreciate how benignant you're towards the Tiger 1200. I own a Tiger 800 xc. These machines run forever if looked after well. Your dual collection IMHO is a perfect combination that satisfies a marathon runner and a sprinter in you. Wish you many more safe miles mate.
Gypsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 13:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsian View Post
What a scrupulous write up!! Appreciate how benignant you're towards the Tiger 1200. I own a Tiger 800 xc. These machines run forever if looked after well. Your dual collection IMHO is a perfect combination that satisfies a marathon runner and a sprinter in you. Wish you many more safe miles mate.
Thanks Gypsian. I now joke about being halfway to having a perfect stable. All that's missing is a Brough Superior SS100 and a Honda CRF 450R. Let the kidney harvest begin!
Old 9th June 2023, 22:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
Thanks Gypsian. I now joke about being halfway to having a perfect stable. All that's missing is a Brough Superior SS100 and a Honda CRF 450R. Let the kidney harvest begin!
All the very best for your future venture mate, albeit brough Superior being an over kill in terms of pricing, nevertheless a collectible. Coming to CRF 450, I don't understand the step motherly treatment of Honda towards India by not providing their world class products at reasonable prices or probably its our taxation policies which is keeping them away from launching great products, CRF 450 would be the only motorcycle most of the adventure fanatics would desire.
Gypsian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks