Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 23:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

wowie! I love it. This busa Is the best looking busas I have ever seen. Especially the conceptual rear.

NICE!
Old 1st August 2007, 23:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. the new busa,well, sort of! i must say that it looks a little better than the old one. Hope suzu gets a real goodlooking update to the 'busa soon!!
Old 1st August 2007, 23:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

The New Busa has nothing really changed.. Its the same busa over the years with a snip and a tuck here and there. Either way. The Hayabusa is what it is ...a HyperBike. Like I say about my baleno... she may have a ugly bottom but her ride drives me crazy.

The Busa may be second to the Kawa 14RR, however it is the most popular 1000+ cc superbike.

Suzuki badly needs to revive the brand with some new body lines and maybe push it to 1400cc to keep the brand on par with the 1.4L Green Machine.
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:24   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
i say bring back the turbo era....a smaller more lithe motorcycle like a 900 turbo would be much much quicker IMO. But not half as much presence as a Busa.
In theory yes, the 900cc Turbo would surely be faster on the strip. But when you think about it, why would a manufacturer want to add to cost, complexity and weight by adding a turbo to a large 900cc engine which already produced more power than the rear wheel can handle.

Turbo's would make a lot more sense for lower cc bikes. Say a 400cc bike with a turbo producing the same power as a 600 or 750cc. Now that would make it worth it.
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Turbo's would make a lot more sense for lower cc bikes. Say a 400cc bike with a turbo producing the same power as a 600 or 750cc. Now that would make it worth it.
given the moolah - id get the busa turboed
aaahh the pleasure and feel of ghostrider!!!!!!!!!!
gives goosebumps
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sponsors, kindly help a poor enthusiast child in need. Please pm your donations A.S.A.P...

Hah. Youse think this's news? Guess what....the B-king's out for the 08' line-up as well....but sadly, no turbo (as intended from the original concept)....

P.S- Dunno why, but love this Busa better than the old one...& those new clocks are simply outta this world....
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Why is Suzuki holding back the "B-King". That would be more like the Bugatti Veyron among bikes.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:16   #23
Team-BHP Support

The production version of the B-king is gonna be launched as well. Though the look is not that great IMO. Too much of the sanitised GSR look to it. But it sure is going to be a hellava ride with the busa engine in it!

Old 2nd August 2007, 15:22   #24
Team-BHP Support

RTech, to some the GSR looks heavenly (yes, i am guilty).

May be, thats why i love the looks of the B-king.
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:35   #25
Team-BHP Support

The GSR looks nice. But this B-king looks disjointed. The front section does not gel with the tail (which looks like it is taken off a GSXR). And those huge underseat pipes give it a further "flabby arse" look. Just my opinion going by the few photo's release. I'm sure it would look far more striking in the flesh.
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In theory yes, the 900cc Turbo would surely be faster on the strip. But when you think about it, why would a manufacturer want to add to cost, complexity and weight by adding a turbo to a large 900cc engine which already produced more power than the rear wheel can handle.

It would cost almost the same to turbo a 400 as a 900 or even 1300, in terms of money as well as weight. So I would disagree with you.

I'm not talking aftermarket madness type 18 psi turbos. Just a sedate 6-7 psi which gives a decent output on a liter-class factory bike which people like me can buy, and THEN push it to 18 psi very easily.
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:40   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
It would cost almost the same to turbo a 400 as a 900 or even 1300, in terms of money as well as weight. So I would disagree with you.
Maybe I wrote it wrong. What I meant was this; a current 900-1200cc bike already makes a staggering amount of power. Hell, this new Busa here is putting out a claimed 190+ hp at the crank. That is darn close to what motoGP bikes are putting out. But the problem is, after a limit, the power figure is only for bragging rights and of no real use on the street. What can you do with 200HP that you can't do with 190?

However, with a 400cc bike, a turbo will make a big difference. A NA inline 400 puts out around 55hp. With a turbo, that figure could easily be doubled. So now you have a small 400cc bike with the power of a 600. Also, in many countries they have licence restriction and various taxations on higher capacity bikes, so a turbo 400 is a nice way to get around that as well.
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks neat! front looks very nice but rear doesnt look great though!
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:30   #29
BANNED

Busa that too ugly?
come on guys its more of muscle feeling more of aerodynamics and beauti is in eye of beholder.
And i love those beauties which other people says ugly, specially the early 80's and late 70's bikes like Kawasaki KZ1.3, Honda CBX, Suzuki GTX750, Kawasaki H series, Honda VF series.
And this new Busa is simply rocking, and as per my friends review about Busa and ZX12r Busa never feels going fast even at 260 KMPH but do the same in Kawasaki ull be scared.
BTW he exchanged his Busa for ZX12R donno why.
Old 16th September 2007, 00:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
The production version of the B-king is gonna be launched as well. Though the look is not that great IMO. Too much of the sanitised GSR look to it. But it sure is going to be a hellava ride with the busa engine in it!
Small edit: It is gonna have the same Busa engine tuned for massive bottom end torque, for better driveability on the street. Looks are subjective IMO; but the styling is very street bike, rather than a hyperbike or a RR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks