Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2005, 10:31   #16
BHPian

peace people ..... ull are off topic.... ull can start a new thread over it .... "picking on winniemax".. all rite ... and as fer now dun go to heavy on him ...
Old 27th February 2005, 00:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
know the prices better ?
i can smell something , i hope its not attitude thats gonna be served to me on a platter , coz i m just so full of it .

maybe u knwe the prices better , but all i could not understand was watt do you mean by a brand new 99 model ? ? ? we are in 2005 nwe sir , wake up and smell the coffee winniemax ! !

abt the prices , maybe s600 can tell u watt are the costs involved in gettin the bikes here in india , so maybe u can do a lill research on that too

and can u eva post pics of the sbk s u own or are they just spooks ?

manson .
Hey Manson, u know who you're talking to ??!!
Winneboy is probably one of the richest members of xbhp.com.
Why ? . . . . . . . because he 'claims' to own 4 SBKs - a R1, R6, GSXR & a CBR 1000 !!!!
He was still not staisfied so he posted a number of messages about how he desperately wanted to buy a CBR 400 !!!
And apparently he 'bought' one a couple of months back !!!!!!
Please correct me winnemax if I'm wrong and pardon me for telling everyone about your 'amazing' bikes.

Of course it goes without saying that we never got to see any of the bikes or even their pictures.
Old 27th February 2005, 02:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak
Hey Manson, u know who you're talking to ??!!
Winneboy is probably one of the richest members of xbhp.com.
Why ? . . . . . . . because he 'claims' to own 4 SBKs - a R1, R6, GSXR & a CBR 1000 !!!!
He was still not staisfied so he posted a number of messages about how he desperately wanted to buy a CBR 400 !!!
And apparently he 'bought' one a couple of months back !!!!!!
Please correct me winnemax if I'm wrong and pardon me for telling everyone about your 'amazing' bikes.

Of course it goes without saying that we never got to see any of the bikes or even their pictures.

lolz
i know about all of this bike freak , thats the reason i asked him to post pics of his sbk's in aother thread as well i think .

wnniemax u gotta just drop the whole act , chill out n make sense in your mails if you don't want to be banned from the forum coz the mods and the admin are way too strict here , just a suggestion .

manson .
Old 28th February 2005, 15:08   #19
BHPian

Sorry guys...I won't be picking on anyone here, but I have never even heard of an SLK 600 either. As far as the R6 goes - cheating death - reliable sources have told me that it comes for 6.5 -7 lakhs. So u could probably think it is 6-6.5 lakhs.

CHEERS
Old 28th February 2005, 15:27   #20
BANNED

I guess u can get a GSX600 for that
Old 28th February 2005, 15:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
Sorry guys...I won't be picking on anyone here, but I have never even heard of an SLK 600 either. As far as the R6 goes - cheating death - reliable sources have told me that it comes for 6.5 -7 lakhs. So u could probably think it is 6-6.5 lakhs.

CHEERS
No way can you get a 'BRAND NEW' R6 with clean papers for less than 7 - 7.5 lacs.
If someone offers you one for less, either its meter has been tampered with / replaced or it has been imported in parts and then assembled here.
This is very prevalant in the southern ports. So be careful of bikes with such registration numbers.
Old 28th February 2005, 22:35   #22
BHPian

[quote=bikefreak]No way can you get a 'BRAND NEW' R6 with clean papers for less than 7 - 7.5 lacs.

Just for knowledge really would lik to know what do u mean when you say clean papers?
Thanks
Old 28th February 2005, 23:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey guys
when did that winnemax thing happen on xbhp???
looks like i over looked it..
Old 1st March 2005, 00:20   #24
Team-BHP Support

a while bk addix , u missed a hearty laugh trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
hey guys
Old 1st March 2005, 02:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ
Just for knowledge really would lik to know what do u mean when you say clean papers?
Thanks
Usually vehicles r imported only when an Indian comes back to India on TR. This is stamped on his passport and the bike is accompanied by custom clearance papers from the authorities stating this fact. Only then can the bike be registered with the RTO.

Now in the late 90s / early 2000 someone got an idea whereby he would buy the bike abroad, dis-assemble it there, import the parts to India and pay just 20% duty (that is applicable for motor vehicle parts) and then re-assemble the bike in India. These bikes would obviously not have any custom papers. They would be registered in MP or somewhere in the south where the RTO was not strict and easy to manipulate. Check this out
http://www.mid-day.com/news/city/200...mber/69982.htm

If a bike has been imported after 99/2000 be sure to carefully cross-check the papers and preferably go for bikes with MH registration.
Old 1st March 2005, 14:15   #26
BHPian

From the article:
Quote:
“We have information of similar rackets being run in Cochin, Madhya Pradesh and other states,” said another officer.
Cochin??? Please I dont see any superbikes here... This is crap!!!! Atleast the Cochin part.. Or may be the Cochin ports are being used to get the bikes from outside and move it to B'lore etc....
Old 1st March 2005, 14:44   #27

MODERATOR ACTION: Post deleted as Off-topic.

Please stick to the topic. If you have something else to say to certain members, use the PM facility.

Last edited by Rtech : 1st March 2005 at 14:53.
Old 1st March 2005, 14:48   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by midday article
[font=Arial]According to customs officers, they received a tip-off about some automobile dealers in south and central Mumbai selling imported motorbikes, the customs duty on which had been evaded. [/font]
ROTFLMAO "received a tip-off"! I mean, these bikes are kept in their glass lined showrooms open for all to see! Man, I'm glad our custom's officials are so "aware" of whats going on.

BTW, does anyone know if these bikes were auctioned off finally? The dealers probably bought bck their own bikes for a song anyways and are now back in business.
Old 1st March 2005, 15:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
hey guys
Well addix, it's been happening for quite some time on xbhp & has started recently on team-bhp !!
But then we all need some humour amid our 'serious' discussions, dont we ?!

@ Vinsanity - That is precisely the reason why they choose ports that do not have much traffic to unload the stuff. So that they can remain incognito ! Besides the authorities at these places are easy to 'manipulate'.

@ Rtech - 'looking' at a bike it is not possible to conclude whether it has been imported legally or otherwise. How the bikes got back to the dealers is obvious . . . . . by paying 'fines' !!
Old 1st March 2005, 16:26   #30
BHPian

But never heard of Cochin ports being used to get sports bikes(like they are going to tell me)..
But, come on atleast someone here should have bikes.. But u never see any here... Atleast some new bike should be around.. But nope, havent seen/heard of any..
One new harley(it was there for display @ B'lore the drag) is in town... The same guy fitted the K&N on Kphilip's pulsie..... He got it from Dubai...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks