Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 13:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
It was my dream to own a superbike since college days but years after think a Bruiser may be a wise decision after all. For me, comfort and safety first, performance is my last priority!
I suppose you meant a cruiser..anyways nice decision on the MT-01. Enjoy the torque and ofcourse the admiration of onlookers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd August 2008 at 04:46. Reason: anywz = anyways
Old 31st July 2008, 14:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

You also need to keep in mind that the MT has virtually no after market support because it was not launched in the US. You will have to look for stuff in the UK.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:00   #18
BANNED

Why not 2009 V Max, u'll get both feel of power and very unique looks, heard its faster than R1 till 100 MPH.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Why not 2009 V Max, u'll get both feel of power and very unique looks, heard its faster than R1 till 100 MPH.
We'll have to wait and see if Yamaha is offering those officially here.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
You also need to keep in mind that the MT has virtually no after market support because it was not launched in the US. You will have to look for stuff in the UK.
Aftermarket support as in?

You can get stuff from filters to Power Commander remaps to aftermarket exhausts from Sato, Steintune and of course the very expensive Akrapovic Stage 1 or Stage 2 tuneups that are not really performance enhancing. The one to go for is the Akrapovic Stage 3 which is a full intake, exhaust and ECU kit, but expensive at 3,000 US + as it is allegedly a full-titanium kit. I may go for one of these soon.

You also have some madmen in Europe that offer a Turbo kit for the MT-01, should you feel the need for some forced induction.

Last edited by Steeroid : 31st July 2008 at 15:11.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:18   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
I have ridden them on Bangalore roads which are far superior than Chennai.

Also, the heat is too much in Chennai which am worried may strain the engine components.Is the liquid cooled R1 better or the MT-01 air-cooled for such conditions?

I will be riding 50kms a day, so don't want to be straining my body and also expect good efficiency from the bike.

Please brothers,, all your valuable suggestions are welcome!
I hope that sentence highlighted in bold (by me) was in jest.

I suggest you take a long hard look at your desire to ride a motorcyle in Chennai. For 50 km a day. Any motorcycle will give you a backache when ridden for that long everyday.

I'm speaking from experience - I used to think I was a biker for life. Riding 50 km a day for a whole year in the Chennai weather can help you see things in a different perspective. Just try riding any bike for that distance for a month and then make up your mind.

This whole post may be

Edit: Just read your post about your dream to own a superbike. I don't mean to discourage you but I'd recommend keeping the superbike for the weekend jaunt down the highway or track and NOT for daily use.

Last edited by hrag : 31st July 2008 at 15:21.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Aftermarket support as in?

You can get stuff from filters to Power Commander remaps to aftermarket exhausts from Sato, Steintune and of course the very expensive Akrapovic Stage 1 or Stage 2 tuneups that are not really performance enhancing. The one to go for is the Akrapovic Stage 3 which is a full intake, exhaust and ECU kit, but expensive at 3,000 US + as it is allegedly a full-titanium kit. I may go for one of these soon.

You also have some madmen in Europe that offer a Turbo kit for the MT-01, should you feel the need for some forced induction.
Exactly. Whatever you get will be from the UK which means super expensive and they don't ship abroad, at least not to India.

For e.g - An Arai RX-7 Corsair helmet that costs $734 in the US will cost £500 in the UK. That's a BIG difference!
Old 31st July 2008, 18:54   #23
BHPian

Get the MT-01 dude. If you plan to do any commuting at all, a naked is the way to go. Plus it takes a special kind of rider to take the R1 to at least half its potential. With the MT-01 it is literally twist and go.. no matter what gear you are in
Old 31st July 2008, 19:02   #24
BHPian

Boy, am I envious of you getting a MT01!!! Congrats Vittal & good choice, I am sure you will not regret it. Enjoy & ride safe.
Old 31st July 2008, 20:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Exactly. Whatever you get will be from the UK which means super expensive and they don't ship abroad, at least not to India.
Not really - the UK doesnt have so many MT-01 kits. It is more of a Euro bike and the stuff you get is either from Western Europe (expensive) or eastern europe (cheaper). The turbo kits are available from Denmark and some eastern european country, for example. There are some Hungarians who've put together some nice kits too, not too expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks