Team-BHP - Yamaha R1 Vs Honda CBR 1000 RR VS Hayabusa- Need suggestions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Yamaha R1 Vs Honda CBR 1000 RR VS Hayabusa- Need suggestions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/62631-yamaha-r1-vs-honda-cbr-1000-rr-vs-hayabusa-need-suggestions.html)

Guys,

I need your help to decide getting me a new R1 or CBR 1000 RR or Hayabusa.
I am moving back to India in october and have decided to go for either one .I will be moving to Delhi but will keep my bike in Dehradun.

I understand either one would cost me around 12.5 Lacs other than that I am now confused after googling up the specs and feedbacks of the owners.

So guys what do you say?

Mods: If there is another thread like this please close this one and let me know where to look at.

If you're planning to buy from here I would suggest the Busa or the Fireblade.

Busa. Hands down. Why? Ok. Here goes.

A) It's the fastest bike for the money on the planet.
B) Seats are far more comfortable than the 'Blade. Get raised handles and voila. A propah tourer.
C) In India, a tourer seems more practical than an out'n'out sportster.
D) Better resale value.

Okay, I'm a bit biased here. But then again, one ride aboard the Busa, & you'd be too....! That bike is simply magnificent...the engine is nothing short of delectable.

IMO Busa wins hands down except for the looks. In the looks department IMO R1 is the best.

I am a little inclined towards R1 since my friend has one.

What about the service/spares etc. which one is more reliable?

Oh man, Maxj i envy you. Awesome choices :) In case you plan to ride alone all the time I would suggest the R1 or the CBR. The CBR is also supposed to be a wonderful bike, a little more forgiving than the R1 as it has ABS too. The Busa is an awesome bike in its own right.

Tough choice man :D

If you could get your hands on a cross-plane crankshaft 2009 R1, well, thats it!:) But i suspect Yamaha India is still clearing up the old stocks. 07-08 models.

If you're thinking from your head, its the R1, if you're thinking from your heart, then its the HAYABUSA

August's Cycle World has a litre class shootout, check it out. You are doling out 12.5 lakhs so assuming its new. Dealers dont usually allow test rides, but people selling used bikes always do. Try out a few used bikes on sale, you will get an idea of what it would be after a year or so. You can use your head and heart, there is no one size fits all. While you are at it, why leave out the Kwakker ZX14, and the BMW GS800 (not a good option for India, with the parts situation). For $10 to $15K there are lots of popular bikes, dont be misled by the specs/reviews on the net. For your height, weight, and riding style there may be something that is just built for you (that others may not recommend) :)

+1 to what Prasadee mentioned. Said like a true biker,indeed!
You have quite a few options, but the most important thing is to get a chance and hop on these bikes to see which one suits your riding style.Without that,you'd be shooting in the dark trying to pick a good bike.

why don't you test drive all of these in US before you go back to India. That would help you in making your decission easier. I believe you can also rent out these bikes in US. That way you could experience them thoroughly. If you anyways plan to invest 12 lakhs plus INR I think it would be wise to spend the money to rent

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1 (Post 1407828)

It aint the fastest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1 (Post 1407828)

B) Seats are far more comfortable than the 'Blade. Get raised handles and voila. A propah tourer.
C) In India, a tourer seems more practical than an out'n'out sportster.
D) Better resale value.

Okay, I'm a bit biased here. But then again, one ride aboard the Busa, & you'd be too....! That bike is simply magnificent...the engine is nothing short of delectable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by insaneroller (Post 1408301)
It aint the fastest.

In this country, it doesn't have to be the "fastest". I'd like to see either of those bikes keep up with me on a 600 to Lonavla.

Besides, its not about being the fastest these days since the bikes are restricted. Its about being the quickest and the Busa is the quickest now. I'm talking about stock trim. You can do endless after-market modifications to both bikes.

R111111111111111111111111.... trust me you aint gonna go touring on a busa!

The '09 R1 guzzles fuel even by SBK standards.