Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 15:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hey great shots i reached there when the guys had just left. Caught up with them at Bandra and then to Olives (turf club). I could not stick around as i had an emergency call. So no pictures taken by me. Sohil Khan was riding the sportster for a bit at Bandra.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Saw 4 of these bikes today morning on my way to work. These bikes entered Aarey colony, I waited by the side to have a look at them go by.

Very beautiful and graceful bikes, was expecting the exhausts to roar but they were quite muted, probably because they were barely doing 40 KMPH.

Was never a fan of HD bikes but I am a believer after seeing them in the metal today.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:04   #63
BHPian

Nice to see Harley making it's territory in India. Seems will see some Harley on Manali-Leh-Srinagar route.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:28   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Nice to see Harley making it's territory in India. Seems will see some Harley on Manali-Leh-Srinagar route.

Not yet my friend. They are doing these road shows but dont know how many dealers have they appointed yet or rather the people want to take the dealership.
Harley wants a cafe plus merchandise store plus Bike showroom all in the same place, service center seperate. Now where do we get such a large area. The investments also increase and is not a feasable option. The merchandise store and Bike showroom is a better option. I know this as i had inquired for the dealership and a person i know was offered it and refused. So its a long way before the bikes are seen in a showroom.
Old 17th November 2009, 01:22   #65
BHPian

The difference between owning a HD and any other bikes (sports/cruiser) is huge.
HD has created a myth/mysticism about their bikes and all things related to it.
Either you might like a HD for this or you might hate it because of it, there is no neutral ground to it.
Riding a HD you get noticed anywhere and you share/enjoy the HOG experience like no other.

If you buy a HD you just dont buy a bike, but you buy a machine that has soul, you live an experience, you buy a name that is synomous from 1903 for building bikes and still counting

In short, it an experience to be felt than said

One more thing, you can walk into a dealer and still get parts for HD bikes that was made in panhead/shovelhead and bikes from 70s/80s when many of us werent born. Now you wont find such things in any of those metric cruisers or any euro bikes

Last edited by shrini78 : 17th November 2009 at 01:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks