Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 01:01   #1

Unregistered CB1000R in the Garage!

Hi All,
I've been a lurker for quite a while and have recently become a member.
I usually get my answers in other peoples threads
This is my first post and I have a problem:

Two of my Buddies and I decided to chip in and buy a CB1000R (TimeShare bike).
We gave our cheque on 4/09/09 to Om Sai in Malad.
They gave us delivery of the bike on 21/09/09, but without RTO registration saying that would come in a couple of days and that too many people were pawing at it in the Showroom.

RTO collected our One Time Tax And Registration Charges Dated 25/09/09 (after bike delivery!).

Well its the 4th of Nov and still no sign of registration!
The RTO at Andheri keeps dilly dallying, finding want of some document or the other. The current "missing" document is "Customs Clearance Certificate" for this individual one bike. Om Sai has given them the same for the 4 bikes which were imported together (our bike, with all its details, is included in these 4). I think the other 3 have already been registered since ours was the last piece in that batch.
Since a week ago even Om sai have washed their hands off our case despite us giving their agent Rs. 5000 to grease the palms of the RTO to expedite our case! Om Sai has told us to contact Honda India directly since they can't do anything more for us.
(I guess they don t have any incentive to help as they ve already taken our money!).
So now we have been in touch with Ankush Bhatia the All India Sales Manager for Honda India.
Ankush is trying to get a Customs Clearance Certificate from the DRI in Delhi for our one bike.

So we have one gorgeous bike in the garage with no where to go!
Is there anyone else with our plight?
If you guys have any thoughts, comments, ideas, contacts that may resolve this issue I would be much obliged. Is this happening for the all the big bikes or is it just us?
sincerely
my969
Old 5th November 2009, 08:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.
Are the RTO people playing drama for some money? And on whose name was it gonna get resistered? Both of your?
Old 5th November 2009, 10:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for the CB1000.

First of all, the motorcycle cannot leave the dealership without registration at the RTO. But, dealers circumvent this by issuing temporary registration numbers provided they have already submitted the required documentation at the RTO. At a bare minimum, you need a insurance cover note before you can even ride back home. That is standard procedure. Make some noise about the issue with Honda. I'm very surprised to see a legal superbike owner facing so many hassles.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 5th November 2009, 10:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the CB1000R 'my969'. Thats one beautiful bike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Make some noise about the issue with Honda. I'm very surprised to see a legal superbike owner facing so many hassles.
+1.

When these superbikes were launched with the big price tag, everyone saw value in the fact that it does not cause any headaches during registration etc. If this is the case with official buyers as well!

How were the other 3 bikes registered, and why is the same procedure not applicable to your bike? Please find out the details directly from the RTO. Also, did the dealer agent collect the 5k amount?
Old 5th November 2009, 11:27   #5
BHPian

Honda seems to messing up their CBU program with little things like this. I read about another owner in Chennai who bought a CB1000R also having registration issues. In his case, the last time he updated, Honda (this was directly bought from the company) had all but washed their hands off about the registration in Chennai. This was a month ago. Not sure what happened after that.
Hope they get their act together fast. I happen to be a big fan of both these bikes (Blade and the CB), and it'd be a shame if they flop because of shoddy handling of paperwork.

All the best man. The pain of keeping a bike like that without riding it must be awful. Keep us updated.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:01   #6
BHPian

Consumer court. File a case there. there will be only good results for sure
Old 5th November 2009, 14:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Consumer court. File a case there. there will be only good results for sure
@Arun: The legal way is the last resort. In my experience, only the threat of legal recourse works effectively, not the actual act itself. Once the legal route is activated, the situation moves to the company's legal cell / department, where things will slow down even more.

Since my969's bike is pending registration for want of some document, I would suggest putting more pressure on the dealer, since it is his responsibility to give you a fully registered, road legal bike. Anyway, since a Honda official is already on the job, pressure can be applied there as well.

Additionally, if the vehicle details (like VIN no etc) are in the customs clearance document along with the other 3 bikes, the RTO cannot debunk that document, especially since they have used the same document for registering the other bikes. Maybe you can get hold of copies of the registration papers of the other bikes and give it to the concerned RTO official who is holding it up.

Either that, or complain to the official's boss in writing and in person. File an RTI application if need be.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:31   #8
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride.

come on man, it is illegal to drive a bike without registering.. but to see it i dont think there is any issues.. Photos please
Old 5th November 2009, 14:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the bike.

Put pressure on the dealer. It is his responsibility to get the vehicle registered.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

The few times I spoke to him, Ankush Bhatia seemed a very helpful and proactive person. Keep following up with him.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:23   #11
BHPian

To the original poster: Any updates?
Old 11th November 2009, 07:49   #12

Update: Ankush Bhatia hasn't gotten back to us yet.
A friend of my Brothers gave us "Bunty's" number, he is like the man who gets things done at the Andheri RTO. So we've contacted him so lets see what he can do. He was saying that if you have the "S.T. Form" the RTO will have to register you without delay.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by my969 View Post
Update: Ankush Bhatia hasn't gotten back to us yet.
A friend of my Brothers gave us "Bunty's" number, he is like the man who gets things done at the Andheri RTO. So we've contacted him so lets see what he can do. He was saying that if you have the "S.T. Form" the RTO will have to register you without delay.
Not sure why you aren't pulling up Honda and the dealer for this? I hope you're not letting them get away just like that!
Old 12th November 2009, 23:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Not sure why you aren't pulling up Honda and the dealer for this? I hope you're not letting them get away just like that!
+1 to that. The dealership seems to be walking away from the situation. Did they mention anything like 'its not in our control' ,or 'we don't deal with all this'..blah blah?
Old 13th November 2009, 03:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

You should take everyone's case. The dealer and Ankush Bhatia better have answers for you when you've spent that kind of money!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks