Team-BHP - Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/93680-harley-davidson-introduces-superlow-5-5-lacs-2.html)

Definitely agreed.

All I was stressing on was the serious biker looking for a sportsbike. Something he can rev like crazy and lie flat through corners on.

This is definitely a great buy! I am going to start saving for this one.

What people might have missed is the ultra low GC 4.4 inches/111mm

The lean angles are 28/29 degrees only. Navpreet , you sure this can take you to Mussourie ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2175556)

The lean angles are 28/29 degrees only. Navpreet , you sure this can take you to Mussourie ;)

This is quite low. What are the comparative GC's from other motorbikes?

Nevertheless, a new Fixed Deposit is in order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 2175557)
This is quite low. What are the comparative GC's from other motorbikes?

Nevertheless, a new Fixed Deposit is in order.

duc monster 150
rtr 160
p220 160
bullet 135(130-140)
ninja 135(130-140)
r15 - 150

The thing is if HD started producing motorcycles in india itself then why it is going to launch a bike at Rs.5,50,000 which costs 3,40,000 in US?
Is the price rise because of import duty on parts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by japneet_b (Post 2175639)
The thing is if HD started producing motorcycles

Its CKD form not being manufactured. Does attract tax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2175556)

The lean angles are 28/29 degrees only. Navpreet , you sure this can take you to Mussourie

No issues.a steel plate will be attached underneath much like the offroad jeeps and grand vitaras on tbhp.:D

and regarding low lean angles, well i'll keep a set of footpegs handy.as it is the harley footpegs don't look that great so they can be swapped with some nice machined DIY pegs.

By the way you're wrong about the ground clearence.Its 100 mm for the super low.:D

The one you have stated 111mm is for the iron 883 which is priced at 6.5L

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 2175793)
The one you have stated 111mm is for the iron 883 which is priced at 6.5L

IRON 883
Ground Clearance 120 mm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 2175924)
IRON 883
Ground Clearance 120 mm

I think for a serious tourer the GC is low. If I spend this kind of money on a bike I would like to take it to Ladakh and similar places with that GC I wont be able to make it to Rohtang La. I am sure my socity has bigger speed breakers than that GC :). Well not to worry we will find some Jugar to increase the GC.

Unlike jap and other superbikes, the underside of the Harleys do not have exhaust piping or other critical parts. The twin cradle of the frame of the Sportster is quite robust, and can handle some scrapes without any issues.

But, have to take it easy on bumps, or you will scrape for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish (Post 2175935)
I think for a serious tourer the GC is low. If I spend this kind of money on a bike I would like to take it to Ladakh and similar places with that GC I wont be able to make it to Rohtang La. I am sure my socity has bigger speed breakers than that GC :). Well not to worry we will find some Jugar to increase the GC.

If you ask me this bike is made for shorter first time riders and for women riders internationally.

Okay so what kind of Jugar you have in mind.

100mm GC in India. Harley is gonna make a lot money on customers coming in for replacement parts!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 2176908)
If you ask me this bike is made for shorter first time riders and for women riders internationally.

Okay so what kind of Jugar you have in mind.

like some bushes on the shockers. I see a lot of them on Enfields here in Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish (Post 2177147)
like some bushes on the shockers. I see a lot of them on Enfields here in Delhi.

By Shockers you mean rear shock absorbers right? since if you meant the front end you would have written forks.

Now then where ever you put bushes or anysuch adaptor on the rear shock where the bolt fits and you make the shocks longer in length you will only increase the height of the seat. you wont achieve anything the GC will stay the same, and most probably the now longer shocks would be harder to fit between the swingarm and the top frame. Have a look at a photo of the bike. Would anyone put bushes on a harley? I think not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 2175924)
IRON 883
Ground Clearance 120 mm

The GC is 99 mm only

US site - Sportster Iron 883 XL883N | Custom Motor Bikes | Harley-Davidson USA