Team-BHP - Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/93680-harley-davidson-introduces-superlow-5-5-lacs.html)

This is really going to set the sales charts on fire!! Brilliant pricing! Hope the other superbike manufacturers follow suit. :)

Harley-Davidson India Announces Two New Models For 2011

Introduces new SuperLow™ and Iron 883™ as first models to roll out of the CKD facility
Price range starting at Rs. 5,50,000 ex-showroom
Bookings for the two new models to commence from January 2011

New Delhi, December 14, 2010 – Harley-Davidson today introduced the new SuperLow™ and Iron 883™ models to its expansive model portfolio in India. With this addition, Harley-Davidson offers a motorcycle to match the desires of almost any rider, from urban street bikes and roadsters, to long-distance touring machines and contemporary custom cruisers.

The SuperLow™ and Iron 883™ will be the first 2 models to roll out of the CKD assembly facility in Bawal and will be introduced at Rs. 5,50,000 and Rs. 6,50,000 (ex-showroom), respectively. These models will be available across the five Harley-Davidson dealerships, in addition to the existing model line-up in 2011.

Comfort and ease of riding are key aspects of the SuperLow™ experience as the model aims to introduce the pure pleasure of motorcycling with balanced and responsive handling that help the rider and machine glide through corners and uneven surfaces with smooth confidence. A low seat height, broad powerband from its 883cc V-Twin engine and clean styling complete an appealing package that is an invitation to get out and ride.

The Iron 883™ pushes minimal Dark Custom styling to the edge with its V-Twin beat and gritty, old-school garage features. The Iron 883 provides responsive handling, smooth clutch effort and durable carbon reinforced drive belt. Decked in black from fender-to-fender, the black powder-coat 883cc Evolution powertrain with black covers takes the Iron 883 motorcycle deep into the heart of darkness. Moreover, the performance tuning with a broad torque curve, the Iron 883 delivers plenty of power for city and highway riding.

Bookings for the SuperLow™ and Iron 883™ will commence on January 1, 2011, at Harley-Davidson dealerships around India.

At that price its really tempting. Awesome news:)

Oh Gosh!

Seriously time to start saving. This price point sounds very appealing.

And that too in a few days! It is a very pleasant surprise.

Yaaaahooo!!! Iron 883 is my all time favourite bike!!!
Just check out this video. She is a real beauty!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kPguQvyPI8

Awesome. This is dirt cheap for a Harley. I think I know what my new year gift is

And whats best is, that it is in the 800-900 CC range. When I saw the price I thought they may offer a 500 CC one ;-) (SIC)

I guess this should be the cheapest Harley Davidson till date :)
Good news for bike freaks and the competition is getting hot now.

Holy Holy! Now this is one news that got my jaws hitting the floor. Awesome pricing. Kudos to HD! I can really see some N250R owners who really wish they waited a tad longer, not that it's the same league but heyy, it's a bloody Harley!

WOW, This is great news. We have a HD at Dealer at Vasant kunj. 883 red is my personal favorite. Might be my next buy :D

Brilliant pricing. Now what's point in spending 3 odd lakhs for a 250cc Kawasaki Ninja and the likes. Wish other manufacturer's follow the suit.

Well they are very different bikes. So its for very different people. I doubt it will create a difference to serious riders. Riders looking for solely aspirational products, would of course, have another option to consider. One which does look like an import.

How do these air cooled engines fair against our slow moving traffic? How probable is overheating?

Cheers :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 2175112)
Well they are very different bikes. So its for very different people. I doubt it will create a difference to serious riders. Riders looking for solely aspirational products, would of course, have another option to consider. One which does look like an import.

How do these air cooled engines fair against our slow moving traffic? How probable is overheating?

Cheers :)

harleys are bot by serious riders too :D

Air cooled bikes will not burn your crotch like the sbk's do. but u will definitely feel the heat on ur calfs. Similar to RE500's but a little more than that.

That's an amazing bike for that price. Definitely worth the money.
These bikes are not meant for our traffic conditions. Its to hit the highway and cruise heavy.
Awesome buy it will be.

Harleys are bought by serious riders too.Like me.I'll probably buy the super low for sure.it'll be the perfect everyday bike.Veggie shopping or the gym.this will be my daily ride.The bull's up for sale officially.

Ouch! I have been misunderstood!

I did not mean that the Harleys aren't serious bikes. What I meant was that a serious biker looking for a sportsbike would pick up the Ninja, and not the Harley.

@Navpreet

How much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 2175333)
Ouch! I have been misunderstood!

I did not mean that the Harleys aren't serious bikes. What I meant was that a serious biker looking for a sportsbike would pick up the Ninja, and not the Harley.

Beg to differ here Essyouwe,

A tourer is also a serious rider and a Touring bike like the kwaker concours 14 is even more serious.But I understand your point of view.

5.5 is an great price for those looking for a cruiser and there are many who wish to own a HD ,like EssYouWe said will be in for a treat.