Old 22nd January 2015, 09:17   #76
BHPian

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

V Twin R1?? LOL, our customs guys need some education
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 15:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

An impoorted two wheeler motor bike - YAMAHA YZF R6 of 600cc bearing registration No. MH-02-BB-6700 (as is where is basis)

Office of the Deputy Commissioner of Customs, Custom Division,
Urmi Complex, B/h Centre Point, Sagrampura,
Ring road, Surat - 395002

Note:
Only Photocopy of registration certificate and transfer documents available.

For Inspection Contact:
Shri A. C. Gamit
Suprintendent (Disposal), Custom Division
2nd Floor, Urmi Complex, B/h Centre Point
Sagrampura, Ring road, Surat-395002
(M) 0-99099 11446
Old 25th September 2019, 11:46   #78
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am in the market looking for dirt cheap superbikes. I know this thread is pretty old, but just wanted to know how to look for these auctions, since on the MSTC website which I check sometimes, I don't find them usually - would appreciate any pointers!

Asking because I have recently come across a dealer selling a '17 Busa here in West Bengal (asking for 10L) and that was an auctioned bike (don't know where it came from though).

Also, would the original owner of such bikes cause trouble when one buys them much like in case of repossessed ones?

Regards,
wheelspinner
Old 25th September 2019, 11:56   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
Asking because I have recently come across a dealer selling a '17 Busa here in West Bengal (asking for 10L) and that was an auctioned bike (don't know where it came from though).
Worth all the trouble when similar money can get you a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 1000, from the showroom with all paperwork and warranty?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 12:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Worth all the trouble when similar money can get you a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 1000, from the showroom with all paperwork and warranty?
Nope, but I 'm actually on a very tight budget like upto like 5L at most on an SBK. And looking for ones like R6, and Busa specifically

Anyways, you are right getting a new one is far better.
Old 25th September 2019, 14:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, but I 'm actually on a very tight budget like upto like 5L at most on an SBK. And looking for ones like R6, and Busa specifically

Anyways, you are right getting a new one is far better.
DRI stuff is not worth it. Firstly with legal sbks (and more importantly legal used sbks) freely available, the direct imports I presume is almost dead unless a rare private import by an NRI (even that doesnt make sense in most cases) unless its a very rare bike or with some sentimental attachment to the NRI. Secondly, if any DRI bikes are available, they may have been lying around in some dingy customs warehouse for few years untouched so you cant be sure whats the condition of some of the rubber and plastic stuff. Clogged & spoilt fuel lines, rat eating into some of the electricals etc. etc etc. SO you have to be prepared with some more gandhis to get it running and some more gandhis to keep it running. Ofcourse, you need the passion and patience with this hobby as its not as straight forward as it looks from the outside.

Your choice of R6 and Busa, seem poles apart. Other than an inline-4 engine(read as makes good sound!), I dont see much similarities from a riding point. And if you are new to sbks, the busa is a fairly heavy bike to handle(and of course the insane power), which although is not something impossible for a newbie to ride, my suggestion especially with your limited budget is to first get your choice straight. Think it over from all perspectives and then decide what you want. Because for a first time sbk owner 'buyer's remorse' is going to be very heavy on your pocket & heart!

Good wishes in finding whats right for you.
Haroon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 15:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely no reason to opt for DRI auctioned bikes in todays day and age.

The second hand market has reached a point where there is variety, economies and quality.

You are looking for a supersport on one hand and an open class on the other. That is chalk and cheese I am sure you know that.

There are enough good examples at great prices of the Fat Gixxer all over the country considering it sold by the buckets.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 15:56   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Your choice of R6 and Busa, seem poles apart. Other than an inline-4 engine(read as makes good sound!), I dont see much similarities from a riding point. And if you are new to sbks, the busa is a fairly heavy bike to handle(and of course the insane power), which although is not something impossible for a newbie to ride, my suggestion especially with your limited budget is to first get your choice straight. Think it over from all perspectives and then decide what you want. Because for a first time sbk owner 'buyer's remorse' is going to be very heavy on your pocket & heart!

Good wishes in finding whats right for you.
R6 is what I 'm looking at right now for a 600 cc upgrade. Before that I have been riding an R3 (a close friend's, not my own), but some advised to go for a direct litre class (and above) upgrade rather, like to Busa to save costs (of selling and maintaining the sub-1000 cc/600cc one).

What should I go for next in your opinion @Haroon?

Last edited by Zappo : 25th September 2019 at 18:49. Reason: Please only quote the part you need to set the context.
Old 25th September 2019, 16:21   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What should I go for next in your opinion
Why not something that suits your purpose of a superbike? No one here could suggest a bike without knowing that. I think that's exactly why he mentioned that R6 and Busa have nothing in common.

What you do intend to do with the bike? Breakfast rides, track rides, drags, weekend rides, overnighters, touring, etc for example?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th September 2019 at 16:23.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 16:28   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Why not something that suits your purpose of a superbike? No one here could suggest a bike without knowing that. I think that's exactly why he mentioned that R6 and Busa have nothing in common.

What you do intend to do with the bike? Breakfast rides, track rides, drags, weekend rides, overnighters, touring, etc for example?
Track rides, drags and touring, maybe weekend rides too sometimes. Those are my main needs as of now
Old 25th September 2019, 17:52   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Track rides, drags and touring, maybe weekend rides too sometimes. Those are my main needs as of now
Get a used RC390
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 18:11   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Before that I have been riding an R3 (a close friend's, not my own), but some advised to go for a direct litre class (and above) upgrade rather, like to Busa to save costs (of selling and maintaining the sub-1000 cc/600cc one).
Quote:
To put it straight-forward, I would suggest not to purchase the bike now. Sounds to me like a decision influenced by peer-pressure, rather than a sorted thought process. Track rides and touring - R6 and Busa, nothing goes hand in hand. One way or the other, you are going to be disappointed - irrespective of the selection of bike.

As for the 'savings in maintaining' a litre class bike - here's the reality of it - - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...kes-india.html (Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India)

Don't get offended though. I feel by joining Team-Bhp, you have already taken a step ahead of everyone else in making the right decision. Take it slow in terms of expenditure, and fast in terms of learning. As per your profile, you are 18, and just the right time to invest maximum into learning proper riding - especially if you have access to a track! With so many rental options available - you may not really need to purchase a bike for that as well. Or at best, you may need a KTM 390 series machine or any other quarter-litre bike to meet all your needs.

From friend's R3 -> Busa / R6 is a pure recipe for disaster. Irrespective of whether it costs 5L without papers, or 16L new!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 18:13   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Track rides, drags and touring, maybe weekend rides too sometimes...
There is no "one bike that does it all" Though have heard the Multistrada comes pretty close , but don't quote me on that, I haven't ridden one.
Based on your current bike in your profile the advice I've quoted below is worth it's weight in gold. An R3 is nowhere close to a sports bike with regards to the rider triangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Get a used RC390
I was just about to type this. In my humble opinion anyone who wants to buy a sport bike will do themselves a favor by using an RC390 for a while.
deepfreak15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 18:30   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Bro, I think you should get a KTM390, learn to ride it properly and the look at a Super Bike. You may think you know what you want, but, as someone who can still remember the arrogance of his late teens and tweens, I don't think you do really. No offence at all. I know if I rode a superbike at 18, I wouldn't be alive today.
imp! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 23:56   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Get a used RC390
Yeah, considering that option Many advised this, in fact.

Quote:
To put it straight-forward, I would suggest not to purchase the bike now. Sounds to me like a decision influenced by peer-pressure, rather than a sorted thought process. Track rides and touring - R6 and Busa, nothing goes hand in hand. One way or the other, you are going to be disappointed - irrespective of the selection of bike.

As for the 'savings in maintaining' a litre class bike - here's the reality of it - - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...kes-india.html (Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India)

Don't get offended though. I feel by joining Team-Bhp, you have already taken a step ahead of everyone else in making the right decision. Take it slow in terms of expenditure, and fast in terms of learning. As per your profile, you are 18, and just the right time to invest maximum into learning proper riding - especially if you have access to a track! With so many rental options available - you may not really need to purchase a bike for that as well. Or at best, you may need a KTM 390 series machine or any other quarter-litre bike to meet all your needs.
Agree. But it's not definitely out of peer pressure, I just fancy these super bikes from a long time, maybe they don't quite suite my purpose as of now, thanks for the insights on that

I can definitely afford the maintenance from own earnings, but as you said I truly feel its an impulsive decision and I shouldn't spend so much. Still regret about a 2L loss in crypto trading (investment) I made just a few months back because of my rather impulsive attitude (by releasing large amount of BTC by improperly judging a situation, when the crypto ban news broke).

Thanks a lot guys for the thoughtful opinion and insights, much appreciated. I think I should go for an RC390 (rather used one) right now, own it for sometime, then plan over moving to something else. That looks like the best option.
wheelspinner is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks