Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 08:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV - Should I or should I not?

My Two cents - why not try out the Skoda Yeti, yes, it does not offer an AT, but a very capable car and will really feel like an upgrade from the Corolla vis-a-vis a perceived downgrade to a XUV.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

Looking at AT options, XUV definitely not suggested.

For AT Diesels : One option is go with Jetta DSG or downgrade to even Verna Diesel AT.
You get a compact car which is extremely capable for city driving.

For AT petrol, The best option out there is the Altis AT itself!
If you are OK with a downgrade Honda City AT would be the best bet.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
My Two cents - why not try out the Skoda Yeti, yes, it does not offer an AT, but a very capable car and will really feel like an upgrade from the Corolla vis-a-vis a perceived downgrade to a XUV.
Yeti seems to be short on space in the rear - at least that's what I have been reading/hearing. But will definitely checkout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
The other option is to keep the Corolla, 4 years and 50K is nothing and enjoy EMI free times, buy a AT hatchback and later once the Corolla touches 70K replace it with a SUV/MUV people mover which can accommodate 7 folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
My views are as under:

The Corolla is, in my opinion, one of the "evergreen" cars, across the world. However, if you are interested to replace it, it is up to you.

There are few other joys like owning an EMI free car, and the Corolla still has plenty of life left in it for you to save some money and wait for a better car.
It is not that I wanted to sell the Corolla desparately. But the thought of owning a new machine is always exciting. That plus some of the requirements I mentioned in my initial post. But your comments are actually prompting me to actually keep her for a couple of years more. And that feeling is growing stronger each passing hour. Maybe I will add up leather seats and a set of 3D mats that would give a fresh feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Also, if XUV & Fortuner (both having manual trannies only, right?) are in consideration, why is Innova not in the list - esp. since you would prefer a comfortable 7-8 seater?

Wishing you happy decision-making!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
For high refinement levels and ability to carry 7 passengers in total peace of mind, you just have one perfect option - Innova. Though it lacks the AT but it will give you the refinement and peace of mind you so desire. It has a Smooth engine, nice clutch and precise gears, and that is what you want.

A new variant is coming in Jan'2012, if you can wait. Also the Fortuner AT is rumored to be coming in Jan.
Innova seems to fit my bill almost completely, but the looks are a big turn-off. Hoping that the fac-lifted version due next year gives a fresher look.

Thanks a lot everyone for your comments. The Jetta TD is due this weekend and I shall update once it is done.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshram View Post
Yeti seems to be short on space in the rear - at least that's what I have been reading/hearing. But will definitely checkout.
Suggest you checkout these two threads to get more info on the Yeti - I feel its a very practical car with lot of flexibilities and a frugal diesel engine. Its also got varioflex seating at the back which makes it very flexible.

The first is the official review and the second link is interesting of a person who already owns a Civic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...-pictures.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...km-driven.html
Old 4th November 2011, 11:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshram View Post
But your comments are actually prompting me to actually keep her for a couple of years more. And that feeling is growing stronger each passing hour. Maybe I will add up leather seats and a set of 3D mats that would give a fresh feel.
Trust me, my Baleno is 61K (7 years old) and when it was 50K i felt like selling it. One visit to a good Service center is all that was needed to change my mind. Once we fixed the basic things which were creating problems the car just drives like almost new, and i believe Toyota is much better when compared to Suzuki, hence the comment about 50K being nothing. My very good friend drives a Carolla at 70K and it runs like a dream car, don't think he would need to change for another 2-3 years.

To top it all, being EMI free is the best thing that ever happened to me, hence the comment.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 4th November 2011 at 11:57.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 14:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Everyone is contributing their 2 cents, you will soon end up with a dollar Anyways, here are my two cents:

As you rightly said, do go ahead and cancel your booking. You have spent your time in a timeless classic car with 0 niggles. You wont be happy in the XUV after sometime.

And going with the public opinion, you have the Jetta AT and the Cruze AT. If you can wait, then wait for the new Sonata. But no one knows with what options it will be launched.

How about giving the Scorpio automatic a try?

If you want to stick with petrol, I would even recommend the Altis AT and Civic AT. FYI Civic AT comes with paddle shifters.

Note from Mod : The XUV yes / no question has been adequately answered. The thread is now veering toward cars that have been often discussed on the forum. Please search for threads that discuss the C+ segment sedans in detail. Thread closed.

Last edited by GTO : 4th November 2011 at 16:10. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks