Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 15:17   #46
BHPian

Well, TGest drove the one on sale today, and I must say I am in Love here. She is brilliant, I love everything about it. I even tried out the 4L though the Dealer had no idea, about it, climbed a small pileof rocks. I can't wait to see what the 2.4 would be like. Now I am hunting for that.
Thanks for all the help guys...

...I just wish the DDiS was in INdia I would have run to gte me a new one. Unfortunately its not and no idea about it coming either :(

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2012 at 16:41.
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:05   #47
BHPian

Re: From Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPi to a Grand Vitara. Or something else?

....Got the Grand Vitara!

Thanks a lot for all the help guys and esp. Samurai Sir
I sent the whole day today with the car,
got it inspected with my local trusted mech, check its service history etc
and got it all confirmed.

I will collect the car on Monday as I have to go to Mumbai tomorrow for some family occasion

Samurai: I will be troubling you alot for all the help, esp. with those skid plates.

Thank you so much everyone.

Last edited by nanu28 : 23rd February 2012 at 23:15.
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:16   #48
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! what model? how much?

Sudev has a much improved version of the skid plates than mine.
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:41   #49
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on your latest acquisition. The Gv is a wonderful automobile. Without a doubt, one of the most underrated cars in the history of the Indian-automotive-scene.

I'm going to be expecting an ownership thread, being constructed in the Assembly Line sometime soon.
Old 24th February 2012, 00:47   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations on your latest acquisition. The Gv is a wonderful automobile. Without a doubt, one of the most underrated cars in the history of the Indian-automotive-scene.

I'm going to be expecting an ownership thread, being constructed in the Assembly Line sometime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats! what model? how much?

Sudev has a much improved version of the skid plates than mine.
Thank you...Samurai and Suhaas.
Yeah I have gone thru the threads but will go thru them again and again tillI know what I want exactly,
if it needs that the car is up in delhi/noida for it, thats fine,it will be going there soon enough.

I have thought about a winch and tracks both of which I will figure out, and an X-Jack
and I have a few Team-BHP stickers ONE can go on it somewhere.

As for the details. I didnt wanna post till I had it with me on Monday, just superstitious I guess but anyway, its Q4 2007 2.0 white for 7L, 55K odd. <-Please comment. I think its a good deal.

No trades, I keep my Skoda 1.8TPi too..just that now she goes in for Stage 1

Samurai & Sudev any idea on any performance upgrades...ECU remap, or atleast K&N?
I am still reading and there is alot more figure out.

I can't wait to see it next to our MG410, it really would feel like an evolution, and would make a nice picture.
Thank you everyone.

Last edited by nanu28 : 24th February 2012 at 00:55.
Old 24th February 2012, 01:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

Responses below in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Thank you...Samurai and Suhaas.

I have thought about a winch and tracks both of which I will figure out, and an X-Jack
and I have a few Team-BHP stickers ONE can go on it somewhere.

Put as much off road equipment as you need on it. Winch, jack and tracks are a necessity. Consider things like running boards all round, tow hitch, keeping things like a spade in the car (help in digging your way out if you are stuck in mud) etc.

As for the details. I didnt wanna post till I had it with me on Monday, just superstitious I guess but anyway, its Q4 2007 2.0 white for 7L, 55K odd. <-Please comment. I think its a good deal.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

No trades, I keep my Skoda 1.8TPi too..just that now she goes in for Stage 1

I think stage 1 would be only a start. Most people tend to go further.

Samurai & Sudev any idea on any performance upgrades...ECU remap, or atleast K&N?
I am still reading and there is alot more figure out.

Definitely consider a snorkel air pipe. That may make a CAI a bit dangerous with water intake in the rains.

I can't wait to see it next to our MG410, it really would feel like an evolution, and would make a nice picture.

Darwin would be proud indeed

Thank you everyone.
I just hope all the apple to orange comparisons we made did not hurt the decision process. Glad you got what you wanted.

Look forward to a ownership report. Hope you get to use the 4L. Otherwise the whole exercise becomes pointless in a way.
Old 24th February 2012, 09:56   #52
BHPian

Bought it: Grand Vitara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Responses below in bold

I just hope all the apple to orange comparisons we made did not hurt the decision process. Glad you got what you wanted.

Look forward to a ownership report. Hope you get to use the 4L. Otherwise the whole exercise becomes pointless in a way.

Apples to oranges just made my decision clearer as to why I wanted this car and not others so it was fine.

Yes I will try and start a report once the car is with me and will try to keep it updated. As for 4L I just have a huge smile on my face, growing up on a farm in MP, this 4L will bring back a lot of fond memories

Samauri and Shudev(think he is busy with Desert storm), whats the servicing cost? I will be taking it for a full service once I have it, I dont think the car needs but I read it is recommended somewhere.

Also, how many kms has yours done, how is the clutch plate? Original or replaced? How much did that cost you?
Old 24th February 2012, 17:52   #53
Team-BHP Support

I am still in my original clutch at 47,000. Hopefully won't need a new one for a long time.

The paid service bill is around 2400 bucks most of the time.
Old 24th February 2012, 18:20   #54
BHPian

Congrats!

Pls share ur buying experience & how you checked the validity of the papers etc.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:28   #55
BHPian

..BUying experience was good, will update further when I have the car.
I have checked the papers against some guides posted here in T-bhp
And got the car inspected by my local mechanic etc.

2400/- For servicing sounds like a relief.

I have looked out for the K&N stock replacement it for about 4500/- or so.
But I can't find any tuners who will chip this one in the country
outside I have seen a few so lets see.

Thanks a lot everyone.
Will post more soon...
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! I almost bought the GV before I went for the Fortuner. If you got a 2.4L at 10L, that is a fantastic deal.
Old 2nd March 2012, 20:22   #57
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the GV world!!!
Old 5th March 2012, 21:27   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
Congrats and welcome to the GV world!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Congratulations! I almost bought....
Thank you.

I collected her today. 60K on the Odo, she is prestine white, and feels great.
Took her straight to the mandatory Mandir visit and the pandit nearly married me to her lol.
My friend there mentioned exclimated: "Sa- helu" ...with reference to Avatar the movie

Honestly my only worry was that I am getting the 2.0 as compared to the 2.4 out, but believe me,
I am happy with the power delivery, it seems plenty for the city and some. Though I have not driven the
2.4, this motor feels enough rev. happy to keep the revs. up, there is no wild acceleration like
my skoda, but it is sufficient. Will check her out on the Highway and post soon enough.

Already got the Team-bhp stickers with me, so one will go on the number plate, thats about it, also have gotten some STi emblems, dunno about those, they are cute though.

Next up is I will be taking her in for servicing over the weekend, what do you guys suggest should I take it to MASS, or I have another mech. who takes care of my vRS, and I trust him more than skoda, should I take it to him? I am just a bit confused. She needs just all her liquids changed, and some filters.

Also I will be transporting her to Bhopal, next month and getting her re-registered, (..we need a couple more cars to be re registered so might as well send her as well.) so have been thinking of some numbers, any suggestions. I don't really have any lucky one. I was thinking of just 4 as Bhopal is MP 4 and the other 4 woulkd look nice, if you know what I am getting at

Anyway m off for a long night drive, maybe to lonavala, just wanna get a feel of her will post more later.
And tomorrow she will be dealing with Hinjiwadi traffic :(

And by the way, if I had to part with my skoda 1.8Tpi for this I would have had tears in my eyes, I love her too she is beast in her own right any vRS owner will tell you that, but I thank my Dad for helping me out, so I did have to give her up. Thanks Dad

Thanks a lot for all the help guys.

Last edited by nanu28 : 5th March 2012 at 21:32.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:01   #59
BHPian

There she is :

nanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 08:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nanu! She is in a pristine condition. I am also considering a used GV 2.4L. I can see price quoted around 8 lacs for a 2.4L MT, 2007 38K on the odo, which is tempting.. If you have test drove the 2.0 and 2.4, how are your impressions? I would be using it primarily on the hills and hence, looking for a better power delivery.. however, being a petrol, the bigger engine would be guzzler. If it is not too early, how much are you getting in mileage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks