Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 22:45   #1
pkp

Which SUV New Scorpio, NY Tavera-L2 or Innova-G

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]I am looking forward to buy my first SUV after my small car for the past six years. S I have short listed (a)Tavera (b)Scorpio (c)Innova. I have seen new model of Scorpio, & NY Tavera but haven't really seen new release of Innova. Would please someone clarify my queries & Suggest me the best SUV. Of Course, please add in your feedback too.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
  1. Space in Car: (more space inside even in Third row (leg space)). In the Scorpio. Is third row is very much cramped than in Tavera. Tavera claims to improved the thrid row comfert.
  2. Engine Performance: (Need to fuel Efficient, Less maintaince): What is actual mileage of Scorpio ?/ Also people say you hear few rattling sounds while running in Scorpio. Is it True that Tavera Engine is Outdated?.
  3. AC effect: (Need to have more comfort in the AC): In Scorpio, the blower at lower side of first row is it really effective. How is AC effect in Tavera.
  4. Driving Pleasure/Vibrations/Better Ineteriors (good shock abosrbers): Can some one tell how is new Scorpio Suspension. And also how is driving quality in Tavera & Innova.
  5. Resa le value????
Thanks
Prashant
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 26th April 2006, 23:37   #2
BHPian

Driving Pleasure/Vibrations/Better Ineteriors (good shock abosrbers): Can some one tell how is new Scorpio Suspension. And also how is driving quality in Tavera & Innova.

Innova has better interiors & it handles perfectly as users in the forum says.also innova is more comfortable.but have heard that innova is a little trouble to drive around in city.

Resa le value????

sure the innova will fetch u more in terms of resale value
Old 27th April 2006, 02:49   #3
elf
BANNED

Scorpio if you want macho looks & macho driving experience.

Tavera if you want a low cost alternative & a tough vehicle.

Innova for it's refinement & quality. I don't know how well it would handle rough roads though, but it's an excellent long distance cruiser.

All the best.
Old 27th April 2006, 05:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

From these three I will blindly pick scorpio without looking at your needs. Its not a better overall product but it commands that emotional attachment.

but then u should decide what you like. Test drive each. Dont go for measurements for space. See how well the space has been utilized.

tavera is a good car and more MUV like with better looks. I heard it gives good FE.

Toyota Innova I cannot comment much as I have only test driven it for a brief time. But being a toyota expect it to be built to a price with good reliability.

I would vote for mahindra overall though.
Old 27th April 2006, 09:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

I disagree with you devarshi. Innova is a better overall package than the scorpio.
Regarding pkp's requiremnts
Space in Car Even I(6'3") can sit in the third row of an Innova which is impossible in the scorpio or tavera.

Engine Performance: The scorpio and tavera cannot even come close to the innova's engine in terms of performance or refinement.

AC effect: The G4 model in Innova has ac for all 3 rows and cools the cabin in 3-5 minutes even at 45 degrees. Cannot comment on the scorpio or tavera's ac because I always sat in the drivers seat with blower at full blast on my face.
Driving Pleasure/Vibrations/Better Ineteriors The innova wins hands down here. Extremely stable, Not many vibrations and the best interiors of the lot. You get pushed back into yor seat even in 5th gear if you floor the accelator.

Resale value???? TOYOTA all the way .....

The innova is a little big to drive in the city and you just have to get used to it.

We chose the innova over scorpio crde, safari dicor and the tavera..
Old 27th April 2006, 09:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkp
Space in Car: (more space inside even in Third row (leg space)). In the Scorpio. Is third row is very much cramped than in Tavera. Tavera claims to improved the thrid row comfert.

Engine Performance: (Need to fuel Efficient, Less maintaince): What is actual mileage of Scorpio ?/ Also people say you hear few rattling sounds while running in Scorpio. Is it True that Tavera Engine is Outdated?.

AC effect: (Need to have more comfort in the AC): In Scorpio, the blower at lower side of first row is it really effective. How is AC effect in Tavera.

Driving Pleasure/Vibrations/Better Ineteriors (good shock abosrbers): Can some one tell how is new Scorpio Suspension. And also how is driving quality in Tavera & Innova.

Resa le value????
PKP
Considering your requirements for Space, Performance, A/c effect, Driving Pleasure and Good shock absorbers, your seem like an ideal candidate for the Safari Dicor. The only negatives against your list would be some amount of 'vibrations' in the initial running-in period and 'resale value'.

However, the fact that you have not considered the vehicle seems to suggest that you are not particularly inclined towards the Safari. In that case, I would suggest that you go for the Innova which is streets ahead of the two others that are being considered in almost all respects (except for looks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
I disagree with you devarshi. Innova is a better overall package than the scorpio.
Chill, mate. He did say 'blindly'..........

Last edited by Steeroid : 27th April 2006 at 10:08.
Old 27th April 2006, 10:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Do you want an SUV or a MUV? Two of your choices fall into the latter category....given your requirements, seems like the Innova will be the best among the options.
Old 27th April 2006, 10:44   #8
BHPian

[quote=pkp][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]I am looking forward to buy my first SUV after my small car for the past six years. S I have short listed (a)Tavera (b)Scorpio (c)Innova. I have seen new model of Scorpio, & NY Tavera but haven't really seen new release of Innova. Would please someone clarify my queries & Suggest me the best SUV. Of Course, please add in your feedback too.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
  1. Space in Car: (more space inside even in Third row (leg space)). In the Scorpio. Is third row is very much cramped than in Tavera. Tavera claims to improved the thrid row comfert.
Innova really has good space here.. third row is also quite comfortable.. not seen tavera though..
  1. Engine Performance: (Need to fuel Efficient, Less maintaince): What is actual mileage of Scorpio ?/ Also people say you hear few rattling sounds while running in Scorpio. Is it True that Tavera Engine is Outdated?.
Innova's 2.4 diesel (CRDI) pumps out 100 bhp.. should be more than enough..
  1. AC effect: (Need to have more comfort in the AC): In Scorpio, the blower at lower side of first row is it really effective. How is AC effect in Tavera.
Innova without doubt. I think you get the split AC and it's really rocking man.. when I did the test drive, was really amazed by it.
  1. Driving Pleasure/Vibrations/Better Ineteriors (good shock abosrbers): Can some one tell how is new Scorpio Suspension. And also how is driving quality in Tavera & Innova.
Suspension of the new Scorpio seems to be good. But for Vibrations and better interiors it would be the innova. The Interiors are as comparable to the best seadans..
  1. Resa le value????
No doubt.. it comes in the following order.. Innova, scorpio and tavera..

The only drawback seems to be its size.. a bit difficult to drive in cities, but it's as long or a little bit more than Honda city (by 15 cms) and if you get used to it, should be OK.. Better suggest you to do a test drive before deciding..
Old 27th April 2006, 11:08   #9
pkp

[COLOR=black]Hey Guys, [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Thanks for your feedbacks and interesting information. Even though I have not driven the Innova but it looks like, Innova is the winner. I will do the test drive Innova in this week and updated my feelings.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Innova[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Pros:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Toyota ---Quality is best:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Better interiors[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Better comfort[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Better Engine Performance (Mileage????)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Better space[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Cons:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Too big for city drive.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Large Turning radius???? (I am not sure)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Pale vanilla Shape[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Susceptible to body dents[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Scorpio[/COLOR][COLOR=black] is more of emotional / feel choice. As some one saying “macho looks & macho driving experience”. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Cons: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Rattling sound of vehicle[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Heard that, drinks fuel at higher speed. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Not sure what about the AC.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Tavera:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Fuel Efficient / low cost alternative & a tough vehicle.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Engine technology outdated (Not sure).[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Safari Dicor[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]It seems terrific from outside. I haven’t though it as heard it sucks fuel. And huge metal chunk with large gaps. Down the year one might see maintenance cost going up.[/COLOR]
Old 27th April 2006, 11:09   #10
pkp

Hey Guys,
Thanks for your feedbacks and interesting information. Even though I have not driven the Innova but it looks like, Innova is the winner. I will do the test drive Innova in this week and updated my feelings.
Innova
Pros:
Toyota ---Quality is best:
Better interiors
Better comfort
Better Engine Performance (Mileage????)
Better space

Cons:
Too big for city drive.
Large Turning radius???? (I am not sure)
Pale vanilla Shape
Susceptible to body dents

Scorpio is more of emotional / feel choice. As some one saying “macho looks & macho driving experience”.
Cons:
Rattling sound of vehicle
Heard that, drinks fuel at higher speed.
Not sure what about the AC.

Tavera:
Fuel Efficient / low cost alternative & a tough vehicle.
Engine technology outdated (Not sure).

Safari Dicor
It seems terrific from outside. I haven’t though it as heard it sucks fuel. And huge metal chunk with large gaps. Down the year one might see maintenance cost going up.
Old 27th April 2006, 13:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

i vote for teh innova ...just drive it and you will understand that its no different from your small car ....i have seen innovas doing 120-130 on the highways and could not see the body roll which you can while following a scorpio ...

about the scorpio drinking more fuel at higher speeds,all engines will do that ..60-80 kph in teh top gear is the best speed to get the best FE figures
Old 27th April 2006, 16:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding pkp's requiremnts
Space in Car Even I(6'3") can sit in the third row of an Innova which is impossible in the scorpio or tavera.

Engine Performance: The scorpio and tavera cannot even come close to the innova's engine in terms of performance or refinement.

AC effect: The G4 model in Innova has ac for all 3 rows and cools the cabin in 3-5 minutes even at 45 degrees. Cannot comment on the scorpio or tavera's ac because I always sat in the drivers seat with blower at full blast on my face.
Driving Pleasure/Vibrations/Better Ineteriors The innova wins hands down here. Extremely stable, Not many vibrations and the best interiors of the lot. You get pushed back into yor seat even in 5th gear if you floor the accelator.

Resale value???? TOYOTA all the way .....

The innova is a little big to drive in the city and you just have to get used to it.

We chose the innova over scorpio crde, safari dicor and the tavera..

Its not a better overall product

line1 sentence2 first 6 words. PLease read properly.

did I say something wrong?
Old 27th April 2006, 17:03   #13
BHPian

well, if you want an SUV then its scorpio(the best u can get from our indian manufacturers), but according to your needs it seems like you need an MUV thats b/w tavera and innova. I think innova is the best choice.
My uncle owns it and it is just awesome in comfort level/driving/maintenance hey we are talking about toyota engine here.
:-) *peace*
Old 27th April 2006, 17:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Its not a better overall product

line1 sentence2 first 6 words. PLease read properly.

did I say something wrong?
Sorry devarshi I just got up and logged onto t bhp and i dint read properly i guess
Old 28th April 2006, 05:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry devarshi I just got up and logged onto t bhp and i dint read properly i guess

chill dude. I am not offended at all.

Buy Scorpio coz its sting is Indian. Its VFm and its got more character than Innova or tavera.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks