Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2006, 16:40   #31
BHPian

when is the ALL NEW scorp with 2.2 Lit direct injection with intercoolers due? Any idea?
Old 14th June 2006, 17:21   #32
BHPian

Alex, the Innova is definitely the best bet for you. Driving 8 people in a Scorpio will be a tight fit and even the new one is not the best for rear seat passengers. For an all-rounder I will recommend the Innova, the diesel engine is a brute try it.

The Scorpio is awesome for the road presence & it's looks though prefer the older one in terms of looks. Don't like the artificial air dam on the bonnet & the reflectors on the rear going up-to the roof. Though te interiors are much better with better finish.

Test drive both of them with 8 seated, you'll have a better idea.
Old 14th June 2006, 18:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Yeah personally i too liked the older Scorpio's looks a little more. The Xmas tree lights don't look that great on all colours, and the bonnet scoop's not totally un-tacky.
Old 14th June 2006, 20:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
prince_alex,
did you read my earlier reply or is it so that you just wants to go for Innova without any suggestions/recommendations and all?

Hi Revharder

I did test drive the innova and found it very easy to drive even in heavy bangalore traffic, I was feeling as comfortable as driving the Alto in terms of handling the vehicle, I know it will be little difficult to do a parallel parking, otherwise driving the innova is as good as any other sedan. Again parking at office is not an issue as we have plently of parking space hence should not be an issue for daily use. Anyways I am not planning to sell my Alto.

~prince
Old 14th June 2006, 20:41   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
emm, 10k/day! 5k one way??? Petrol innova( cheaper investemnt than teh diesel one too)

I hate to say this but, with 10k daily, Versa...
I heard that the FE for petrol innova is just 6-7km/l, that really bad! and the diesel one give 11-13km/l, so I guess the diesel is a better bet in the long run. Againt the price difference is only 60K
Old 14th June 2006, 23:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_alex
I heard that the FE for petrol innova is just 6-7km/l, that really bad! and the diesel one give 11-13km/l, so I guess the diesel is a better bet in the long run. Againt the price difference is only 60K
no; gives lot more. shan2nu has one and do read his review.
Old 15th June 2006, 11:11   #37
BHPian

Petrol Innovas have very poor resale... just check out the Sunday Classified. For some reason if you have to sell the car, you will loose heavily on the petrol .... much lesser on the diesel.
Old 15th June 2006, 11:12   #38
BHPian

Innova seems to have a better resale value than the Scorpio. the Dicor is really in terms of resale.
Old 15th June 2006, 11:18   #39
BHPian

prince_alex,
if you are not selling your Alto, then it is really very good for you.
coz sooner or later, driving such a huge vehicle to office daily and amidst city traffic will force you to revert back to good old Alto!

well, you already made up the mind and rightly so!
Innova is the best MUV (Diesel) among the 3 mentioned by you, and also among the rest available in its category!

it is one of the best luxurious and comfortable and safe MUV currently on offer in India.
go for it.

and regarding mileage, if you are a sedate driver with light foot (which you have to, coz you can't press that pedal in city with such a huuuge vehicle!), Innova will give nothing less than 14kmpl.
but i guess since you'll be driving it mostly in city, then do expect some loss of about 20-25%.

why so,
coz, diesels needs to get warmed up properly before they can churn out their bests! and in noway, your daily driving distance will allow you to get that best out of it!
only on the occassional highway runs, you'll be able to squeeze out the bests out of an Innova!

Happy buying, rather Innova-ing!!

Last edited by revharder : 15th June 2006 at 11:21.
Old 15th June 2006, 14:00   #40
BHPian

Petrol or Diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
emm,
Innova or Tavera for you guys. Think Tavera is cheaper. But for 20km/ day; think Innova petrol would be a better buy.

What is the break even distance that you recommend to choose between a petrol and a diesel. I travel 36km a day. If you recommend petrol for a 20km trip, what would u suggest for a 36km?

I hope my question is clear.
Old 15th June 2006, 14:22   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan
What is the break even distance that you recommend to choose between a petrol and a diesel. I travel 36km a day. If you recommend petrol for a 20km trip, what would u suggest for a 36km?

I hope my question is clear.
For Innova the cost of driving for petrol would be Rs.6.8 per km and for diesel it would be Rs.3.3 per km, so you can calculate how soon you can break even depending on the kms you drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks