Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 16:12   #61
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 - FWD or AWD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
S

I have done all kind of difficult terrains in my XUV including many Snow drives and for last few months my car even goes to OTRs, they have mention in my ownership thread. It is good for a Crossover but you need to learn to play with clutch at Altitude, without damaging it, I've learnt it and my car goes to places where low range is required and still has smoothest clutch at 75k kms.
I am thinking of buying the XUV AWD AT.
Is there a problem of taking the XUV AWD AT to difficult terrains?Would the absence of a manual be an issue?
Old 10th June 2017, 02:43   #62
BHPian

1.5 years and 30 or more niggles later, am glad to report that I chose this vehicle and variant.

So much has been said about the XUV on the board here that I am unsure what more I can add..
All in all though, it's been a no regret purchase..
There have been a few minor niggles but nothing that the Mahindra ASS couldn't solve..

I am still not very comfortable driving this vehicle at high speeds but it's nowhere as bad as I thought it would be at the all important 80-100 kmph speeds.
Especially as the secondary car we use for bad roads, it fits the bill more than well!

Also loved the fact that M&M offered a retrofit S/W upgrade to enable Android Auto at the princely sum of 1K

The only complaint that I have is that the driver ergonomics are a bit poor but hey, can't expect to have everything at this price point!

On a side note, the AWD choice was also a good call in hindsight as there are absolutely no second thoughts I have when taking it through some bad tracks in the western ghats esp during the monsoons

Last edited by abhi182 : 10th June 2017 at 02:47.
abhi182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 13:01   #63

Hi All,

After much deliberation of Duster Vs Creta, ended up booking XUV W8 AWD in Opulent Purple.

With ~80% of drive on highways, and remaining City/bad-roads, was strongly considering the Duster AWD, with the 2L discount (~15L for prev year stock). However, could not covert that urge into booking, largely due to the interior feel & quality, and the fact it is nearing shelf life.

As many experts out here have quoted in various forums, W8 FWD has the essential safety features. With a 100k stretch for AWD, we get an independant rear suspension a.k.a better ride quality probably, peace of mind in rough road conditions, and expands touring capabilities.

Delivery expected during last week of Aug.

Need help / suggestions,
1) Tyres - thinking of changing the stock to Pirelli ATRs (stock size). Pit Stop in JP Nagar is quoting around 13k per tyre. Is this good price ? Could any of you kindly suggest any other vendor if needed ?
2) Speakers - Have been an ardent fan of Infinity components. Couple of dealers indicated it's not available these days. Any other suggestions in the similar quality, would be greatly helpful.
3) Other than treading on the famous Bangalore non-existent roads, I have no experience in off-roading So, any Bangaloreans doing this, kindly let me know, would love to join you guys to learn & experience

Regards,
sk
Old 13th June 2018, 10:48   #64
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited to remove excessive smilies, please restrict to 2 per post which is a Team BHP etiquette. Thanks.

hello fellow Bhpians,
after a lot of research, have booked my W11 AWD AT Mystic Cooper this month and would be getting delivery by Jun end. I took test drives of FWD AT, AWD Manual and AWD AT (friend’s W10) and finally decided on AWD AT.

AWD actually makes you feel much more in control of the vehicle even on highway cruising. I drive a lot, have driven my Indica over the length and breadth of the country, hence now decided to go for XUV for lot of highway driving and tackling occasional bad roads in himalayas/ghats. I’m not going to take XUV to the terrains of Tata Safari, Thar and Ford Endeavour a.k.a pure mud and slush and 30 degree inclines. Not worth it, it’s better to hire a 4x4 and do such things. XUV would be used as a loving and capable family labrador, not as a ferocious and superbly agile pitbull. So it ticks all my boxes

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th June 2018 at 11:14.
wanderingwolf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks