Hyundai Tucson 26 5.17%
Other (please specify in your post) 7 1.39%
Voters: 503. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2021, 01:37   #91
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq vs the others

The list of vehicles you have shortlisted are very varied in terms of character. The X1 is car like but I feel it's neither here nor there. I recently had an extended TD on the X1 and dare I say it, I didn't really like it much. Apart from the brand value, the car didn't stand out in any one particular area nor is it a jack of all trades. The Kodiaq in comparison felt much better overall. The new Kodiaq with a petrol motor should be out in a couple of months I believe so that should be a good option if you are prepared to wait a little longer.

If higher GC and 4x4 hardware is not a must-have, you may also check out the Skoda Superb. It is a fantastic car at a good price. Comfortable, spacious, big boot space, good quality inside and out. I think this one ticks most of the boxes apart from the SUV criteria.

The Harrier / Safari may also be a formidable contender amongst the options you have shortlisted.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 20:08   #92
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq vs the others

I did a test drive of the Volvo XC40 today.

In some senses its a crossover just like the X1, but it has some nice features like Adaptive cruise control and lane change warning.

The petrol turbo is quite responsive, but I found the X1 more fun to drive.

From a rear seat perspective, the Volvo gives better lumbar support, although the seats seem a bit low compared to the X1.

The interiors have one big negative as they are only in black, no other leather options are available.

The tiptronic gear shift is nice and responsive and is easy to operate. The touchscreen seems to control almost everything including drive modes and traction control. The voice assistance was something I didnt bother.

The controls with faux buttons on the door handle seem a good touch and the boot space is more than adequate.

The cost is around 53lakhs on road, so is a good 7-8 lakhs more expensive than the X1.
Pseud is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks