Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2007, 01:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the innova is safer than the scorpio. i dont think the scorpio has abs or airbags. some auto journos from overdrive crashed into a circle at about 120kmph in an innova and walked out unhurt though the same cannot be said about the innova..
You meant unhurt though the same cannot be said about the scorpio ?
Old 12th February 2007, 18:57   #32
BHPian

I would suggest using the Honda City CVT - as the small ( from a US perspective) car - very good rear seat space as well.
From back seat comfort and driver driven and 7 seater -with Airbags and ABS - Innova "V" Variant ( if ok with a van) - every other SUV with airbags and ABS - is much above your range of 10 lacs ( ex showroom)
Old 13th February 2007, 10:46   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantw1 View Post
I would suggest using the Honda City CVT - as the small ( from a US perspective) car - very good rear seat space as well.
From back seat comfort and driver driven and 7 seater -with Airbags and ABS - Innova "V" Variant ( if ok with a van) - every other SUV with airbags and ABS - is much above your range of 10 lacs ( ex showroom)
Just when I thought I was done, you tempted me...

So if I increase my budget to say 15L on the larger one, do I start to get much better options?

Thanks
U
Old 13th February 2007, 11:20   #34
Team-BHP Support

Definitely.
In 15L range you have the Hyundai Sonata Embera Diesel(Petrol is actually 12L), The honda Civic, The Skodas.
All these come with ABS and Airbags and the hyundai and the honda comes with a Traction control system too with EBD.
I think you decide on the features and what is must have.
Old 13th February 2007, 11:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

And the Accord 2.4 too is within budget. Comes equipped with all the safety gadgets & a very spacious & luxurious interior. (By Indian Standards)
Old 13th February 2007, 12:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uy663z View Post
Just when I thought I was done, you tempted me...

So if I increase my budget to say 15L on the larger one, do I start to get much better options?

Thanks
U
Stretch it a little more and go for the Honda CR-V -the new one is great. Or the Pajero ( though that is more for the offroader really) I would have said the Ford SUV would come in your range - but as you said - No yankee cars!

Probably something to be discussed elsewhere- but above the innova - the next Japanese MUV/SUV is really more than double the price - especially if u need to seat 7 - cars there are aplenty - as everyone has already told u
Old 13th February 2007, 12:19   #37
BHPian

Hello uy663z! I also suggest you to go for the Toyota Innova Diesel V for the people moving commute and the Honda City CVT A/T because I would say that the Santro A/T or the Wagon R A/T are too small!
Old 3rd December 2007, 09:39   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
The Hyundai Santro is a small hatchback.It is the only hatchback in India with an auto box..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The only AT option you have in the hatchback segment is the Santro AT.
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to know if this is still true. I searched this forum for hatchbacks with auto boxes and this is the most relavent thread I could find.

Amongst the 2008 hatchbacks only the Santro/i10 will have an auto box? Are there any plans for the Swift/Getz to be fitted with an auto box? Any firm release dates for the Honda Fit/Jazz? if so will it be released with an auto box (a la CVT)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks