Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one would you choose?
Renault Duster 42 12.32%
Nissan Kicks 35 10.26%
Hyundai Creta 65 19.06%
Kia Seltos 152 44.57%
MG Hector 7 2.05%
Maruti S-Cross 23 6.74%
Other (please specify in your post) 17 4.99%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 08:57   #46
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others

Creta and Seltos are terribly overpriced and doubts have been raised over the critical braking system. I don't want to do "intelligent braking" in an unplanned tough situation.

Hector is chinese, looks awkward, too blingy and too big. If i wanted something in that size/price range I will go for the Harrier

Duster is too old. We own a Terrano and have been quite happy with it but the next gen duster has come out couple of years back in other markets. In India Renault is still flogging the model that released in Europe in early 2000s.

So it's down to Kicks vs Scross. Nissan seems to be on their way out. So don't want to be left with a model that barely sold in India. Also the powertrain is too new and unproven in India. I don't know how these systems will react to our fuel quality and environmental condition over a period of 10 years.

Scross seems to be the only one standing. I am not a big fan of automatics but I will prefer the manual if I want to get something in the price range of 11 lakh OTR. I am getting an adequately powered, well equipped, spacious, solidly build vehicle with decent GC and Fuel efficiency. The high speed composure and ride quality are bonuses. So i voted for Scross. The VFM quotient is extremely important for me.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 21st October 2020 at 09:00.
vishnurp99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:22   #47
BHPian

For me it's pretty simple, I currently drive Creta diesal automatic , and I am happy with it.

My next car will be Seltos DCT, it will give me reason to experience something different than what I own currently.
Old 21st October 2020, 18:28   #48
BHPian

Heart says Duster/Kicks turbo. Easily the most fun and sorted cars in this list, for the enthusiasts.

Head agrees to nothing in this list. Duster is from another era altogether (when I was 11 years younger), Nissan is on ventillator here in India. S Cross is well sorted and reliable too, but doesn't particularly appeal to me. Koreans, I'd rather have working brakes and peace of mind over features and bling. MG, I hate boats.

Then what ? I'll keep waiting.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 21st October 2020 at 18:33.
xjosephjacob is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 20:23   #49
BHPian

I currently drive Duster AWD. Voted for Kicks. It offers perfect balance - creature comfort and mechanicals. The new engine is icing on the cake. Not a big fan of Korean twins and s cross. Next best bet is Harrier or a used Compass/T-Roc.
C300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 09:05   #50
BHPian

I have to replace my father's Polo next year. I went for a D2 sedan this year, but my father has his sight set on a crossover (sigh!)

If new options don't come into the market, then I'm going for either the Scross, Nexon or Kicks.

Any product that I buy goes through the following filters:

1. Is the product I am buying the same as the one sold in Europe or the US? If yes, then I go ahead with the purchase. Only reason why I buy Samsung flagship phones.

2. If point 1 isn't applicable, how easy is it for me to hold the company accountable for their actions in India? For listed companies in India, this is easy. Tata Motors hiding facts about a product recall? Inform SEBI / independent board members and let the magic happen. I have got a massive refund on a faulty product (non cars) in this way.

3. If point 2 isn't applicable, can I hold the company accountable in a developed country with strong governance practices for listed companies. For example, Volkswagen/Honda/Toyota etc.

This is why I never consider Korean cars even though they are quite VFM and provide useful creature comforts. Just can't hold then accountable. Best of luck navigating the chaebol maze for any answers. Just look around the forum for threads on issues with brakes, and complete silence on the issue from the Korean twins.

Last edited by andafunda : 22nd October 2020 at 09:11.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 09:27   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I would recommend you guys to test drive the Kicks back to back with Seltos before taking a decision. One more suggestion Please go for a vehicle in your budget which has ESP, it is a life saver.
I am not a motorhead by any measure but this comment and similar sentiments in the Renault/Nissan threads seem to indicate that these cars are on par with Hyundai/Kia when it comes to engine and transmission, but lag behind in interior design - the main irritants being sunroof, touch screen/ICE with connected features and the MID. The latter two can be bought or even added aftermarket for a price. But what prevents every manufacturer from offering a sunroof?

Last edited by sramanat : 22nd October 2020 at 09:27. Reason: fix typo
sramanat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 14:59   #52
BANNED

If there are other options being considered as well then I would choose the Tata Harrier as it has everything that an SUV buyer in India is looking for – imposing road presence, ample space and comfort, a diesel engine and, finally, a much-needed automatic transmission. It also offers a panoramic sunroof and other features that enhance its appeal. With a lot more thrown into the latest Harrier, it’s certainly a step forward from the 2019 model. The 6-speed automatic is smooth, seamless and the answer to what the majority of Harrier buyers were looking for. The addition of an automatic and extra features builds on the Harrier existing strengths to make it a complete SUV and a far more compelling buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks