Skoda Rapid Style AT TSI 5 4.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2020, 16:46   #46
BANNED

Re: Replacement for my Toyota Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Unlikely. As you will be selling out of state for dirt cheap prices. How is your experience of selling your current Innova due to the NGT rule?
Used car sites are offering pathetically low price for my Innova so I have decided to directly hand the car over to the customer rather than selling it to these Used car websites. I haven't really put any advertisements to sell my car right now, but I do know someone who is looking to buy this car from me for his transportation/factory work. I haven't quoted the price yet and still am undergoing the evaluation.
Old 28th November 2020, 01:58   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyonites View Post
Used car sites are offering pathetically low price for my Innova so I have decided to directly hand the car over to the customer rather than selling it to these Used car websites. I haven't really put any advertisements to sell my car right now, but I do know someone who is looking to buy this car from me for his transportation/factory work. I haven't quoted the price yet and still am undergoing the evaluation.
You will be lucky to get anything near the actual resale. NGT has killed the prices. I have sold my Innova and then the Altis due to this rule and have seen the low-balling prevalent out there since buyers from other states know that you are hard-pressed to sell.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 11:50   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You will be lucky to get anything near the actual resale. NGT has killed the prices. I have sold my Innova and then the Altis due to this rule and have seen the low-balling prevalent out there since buyers from other states know that you are hard-pressed to sell.
NGT has seriously killed the prices!!
Before this lockdown was imposed, I was about to sell my Innova and a great price. As soon as the lockdown kicked in, we had no option but to wait and sell it after things get better. Now as they are getting better, the price of my car has started to decrease per day. Probably due to BS6 emission norms. It would need some keen selling/marketing strategy to sell this car.
Old 28th November 2020, 13:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, the Jeep Compass or the Harrier are the right candidates for an upgrade from an Innova, esp. when only 3 are seated for the most part. Sad to see them not in the list. Besides the ride quality of Innova/Crysta is only good on the straight line expressways, anything beyond and passenger fatigue will be more than monocoque.

Upcoming XUV500 can also be a good candidate for upgrade, only if you have the time to wait before a purchase.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 21:14   #50
BANNED

#Dilemma No.2 Strikes:

Toyota Yaris VX CVT VS Honda City ZX CVT

Reason for considering the Yaris:
Loved the relaxed drive and Toyota's peace of mind.

Why?:
I have decided to buy a car with a luxury badge on its nose after a year of my next car's purchase. So the car that I buy right now would be my daily drive for only one year until the car with a luxury badge arrives. So, buying an Innova Crysta and driving it for one year isn't justifiable and fair. Hence, I am not considering one this time around. My final contenders are the Yaris and City, Please recommend which one to buy.
PS - I am sorry for the inconvenience caused due to my varying decisions. But I request BHPians to help me out.
Thanks.

Note for Mods - Is it possible if the current poll could be changed to - "Which one to buy" -
1) Honda City ZX CVT
2) Toyota Yaris VX CVT
Old 29th November 2020, 10:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the car that I buy right now would be my daily drive for only one year until the car with a luxury badge arrives.
I'd never recommend a new car if you're planning to sell it off after one year. Depreciation hit is the highest in initial years. Go with a 5-6 year old car (which will have a flatter depreciation curve) and you'll not lose much money at the time of sale.

In case you plan to keep it but as a secondary car, you can go with either of them. Yaris is a resale disaster but makes complete sense for a fuss-free 10 year ownership.

Honda City on the other hand commands a premium price for its superiority and feel-good factor. It will also fetch better value in case you plan to sell in 4-5 years.

Sit with a dealer and negotiate the best deal on each of the cars. That way you'll be easily able to decide if it is worth spending more for the City or not.

IMO City makes more sense for the variants you're considering. Yaris is better for lower/mid-level trims.

Last edited by self_driven : 29th November 2020 at 10:09.
self_driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 10:14   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
I'd never recommend a new car if you're planning to sell it off after one year. Depreciation hit is the highest in initial years. Go with a 5-6 year old car (which will have a flatter depreciation curve) and you'll not lose much money at the time of sale.
In case you plan to keep it but as a secondary car, you can go with either of them. Yaris is a resale disaster but makes complete sense for a fuss-free 10 year ownership.
Honda City on the other hand commands a premium price for its superiority and feel-good factor. It will also fetch better value in case you plan to sell in 4-5 years.
I would definitely be retaining the car I am buying now and won't be selling it off in a year at all. I would be keeping this car for at least 6-7 years if not more. It would be more of a secondary car/weekend drive. Both the cars considered are in their top end variants and the price difference is around 20k (Yaris is more expensive). Definitely with the City, it would be a much better car to drive rather than the boring yet practical Yaris. I am considering the Yaris for its practicality and reliability. City is considered for its much better drive (thanks to the great VTEC engine). Again the dilemma of Toyota VS Honda.

Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestion sir.
Tachyonites is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 10:37   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
#Dilemma No.2 Strikes:

Toyota Yaris VX CVT VS Honda City ZX CVT

Reason for considering the Yaris:
Loved the relaxed drive and Toyota's peace of mind.

Why?:
I have decided to buy a car with a luxury badge on its nose after a year of my next car's purchase. So the car that I buy right now would be my daily drive for only one year until the car with a luxury badge arrives. So, buying an Innova Crysta and driving it for one year isn't justifiable and fair. Hence, I am not considering one this time around. My final contenders are the Yaris and City, Please recommend which one to buy.
PS - I am sorry for the inconvenience caused due to my varying decisions. But I request BHPians to help me out.
Thanks.

Note for Mods - Is it possible if the current poll could be changed to - "Which one to buy" -
1) Honda City ZX CVT
2) Toyota Yaris VX CVT
Yaris has no case really, even for a hardcore Toyota fan. Unlike the Innova, Yaris can be bettered by other cars in almost all aspects including long term reliability.

City is a very good car - reliable, spacious, lovely engine and looks good. Ground clearance could be an issue depending on the roads you have. Build quality is not as good as VW. I don't think Honda City is any less than Innova-level when it comes to looong term reliability and peace of mind.

You should knock off Yaris and shortlist Honda City and a TSI car from VW group. If you don't plan to put a lot of mileage, it's worth taking a chance with VW cars. They are no match to Toyota and Honda when it comes to long term ownership but if you plan to keep it for 6yrs and say 60k km, they will do just fine. Beyond that, a Japanese car makes much more sense.
androdev is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 10:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

After being in an Innova for 10 years, all the other 3 options would be a downgrade for you in terms of space and comfort. If I were you I would go for Crysta and remain with the same brand. If reliability is of paramount importance, Hyundai can't be said in the same breath as Toyota and Honda. Besides, Toyota would any day fetch a much higher residual value and it would help when the time comes up for your next car purchase.

EDIT : Just noticed your update on zeroing in on City and Yaris. Go for Honda blindly since you may want to sell it after a year or so. It'll fetch you more than the not so perfect Yaris and Honda would likely to have more takers.

If this car is going to be your second car in a year's time, Why not consider a fully loaded Polo TSI, a much sought after driver's car. With a torque converter in place now, reliability isn't an issue either.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 29th November 2020 at 11:15.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 11:07   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Yaris has no case really, even for a hardcore Toyota fan. Unlike the Innova, Yaris can be bettered by other cars in almost all aspects including long term reliability.
You should knock off Yaris and shortlist Honda City and a TSI car from VW group. If you don't plan to put a lot of mileage, it's worth taking a chance with VW cars.
The servicing costs of Volkswagen/Skoda are a lot. Plus, they haven't proved out to reliable enough and I don't want to take this risk as it might cost me a bomb is something goes wrong in the car. I was considering the Rapid earlier but after talking to my cousin, a Skoda car owner, I wasn't really pleased hence I dropped the Rapid. Otherwise, Rapid is a brilliant car though with the lovely 110 hp TSI engine.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
After being in an Innova for 10 years, all the other 3 options would be a downgrade for you in terms of space and comfort.
Thank you for replying Bibendum,
Please do read my dilemma No.2 as I have revised my considered options and am only considering City and Yaris now. There is no point buying an Innova and using it for just one year and then making it my secondary car. (My heart and brain wouldn't allow that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
EDIT : Just noticed your update on zeroing in on City and Yaris. Go for Honda blindly since you may want to sell it after a year or so. It'll fetch you more than the not so perfect Yaris and Honda would likely to have more takers.

If this car is going to be your second car in a year's time, Why not consider a fully loaded Polo TSI, a much sought after driver's car. With a torque converter in place now, reliability isn't an issue either.
I to am thinking that City is a better buy over the Yaris, but somehow it's a bit difficult to leave Toyota as it has served us beautifully in the past 10 years.

I won't be selling it in a year at all, I would be using it for at least 6-7 years but only its first year would it be my daily drive. After that, it's just going to be a secondary car as mentioned above. I just love the Polo. It can be considered by it would take a lot of time getting used to a Hatchback when I am coming from an MPV. I am not saying that I wouldn't take time to adapt to a sedan, I would, but its just that it would be a lot easier in the sedan.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th November 2020 at 12:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post and add contents if reposting within 30 minutes. Thanks!
Tachyonites is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 12:00   #56
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
#Dilemma No.2 Strikes:
1) Honda City ZX CVT
2) Toyota Yaris VX CVT
My preference would be City /Ciaz/XL6/Ertiga. Yaris is good but resale may not be as good of these two. Why not try Ertiga or XL6? I would say except engine everything else it does as a Crysta does. You don't lose much from old Innova.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 12:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..price difference is around 20k (Yaris is more expensive).
Oh, I thought Yaris would be a lot cheaper than City after discounts. There was a time when 1 lakh was the bare minimum discount on Yaris. It seems that is no longer the case with BS6 version.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 12:09   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Oh, I thought Yaris would be a lot cheaper than City after discounts. There was a time when 1 lakh was the bare minimum discount on Yaris. It seems that is no longer the case with BS6 version.
Yaris has always been an overpriced car. Initially it was cheaper than the competition but prices have increase by a huge margin.
Old 29th November 2020, 14:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
#Dilemma No.2 Strikes:

"Which one to buy" -
1) Honda City ZX CVT
2) Toyota Yaris VX CVT
My vote goes for City ZX CVT. Yaris can't match the value City provides in terms of space, luxury and equipment for that kind of money in that segment. Both cars are equally reliable but 5th Gen City would be a far better resale than Yaris. It's one car that you can retain more than a decade even if using as a secondary car.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 29th November 2020 at 14:21. Reason: Grammatical correction
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 17:17   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
My vote goes for City ZX CVT. Yaris can't match the value City provides in terms of space, luxury and equipment for that kind of money in that segment. Both cars are equally reliable but 5th Gen City would be a far better resale than Yaris. It's one car that you can retain more than a decade even if using as a secondary car.
Thanks for replying sam264_2000,

Yes, I do agree with you when you say that the City is better in almost ever aspect. Both the cars would serve my well and I would be enjoying a hassle free ownership with any of the two. Mechanically also, the city has an advantage over the Yaris.

Till now after all the valuable feedbacks of my fellow BHPians, Honda City ZX CVT is on top of my consideration list. I have to humbly wait for the team-bhp review of the Honda City before I proceed.
Tachyonites is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks