New Kia Seltos 65 21.59%
Used Jeep Compass 236 78.41%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Kia Seltos vs Used Jeep Compass

Voted for Compass.

However, I would like to put forth a new alternative. A used Kia Seltos GTX/GTX+ DCT!

You would be able to get one around 15L, save some good amount of money, and also buy a relatively new and safer car (considering the ASS)

Last edited by 07CR : 22nd March 2021 at 12:25.
Old 12th May 2021, 17:48   #47
BHPian

Voted for used Jeep Compass although I like the Seltos and the used Compass comes at the price of new Seltos GT Line as well!

Since we are planning to replace our 10 year old Innova, we are considering a used Compass along with new Seltos Diesel AT as well! But, the only grouse with Compass is service center! The service center is located at the place, which is 30 Kms away from our house while, the Kia service center is just 5-6 Kms away from our house!

And, in fact, I’ve seen a 21000 Kms run 2019 Compass Limited Plus Diesel MT, which is for sale at ₹19.5L by our local Jeep dealer! This seemed to be a good value as new one costs ₹28L OTR Hyd!
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 15:04   #48
BHPian

Voted Compass.
I had a similar thread (Used Jeep Compass vs New City / Creta / Kushaq) running but the Kia was not in contention

Your poll result shows a healthy tilt towards the Compass at 78%. Mine was a 60-40 opinion tilting towards the Compass. Still went ahead and got myself one.

The car seriously handles well and feels more planted than the Creta/Seltos for sure. On my drive to Pune from Mumbai yesterday, the car displayed an instant FE figure of 22 kmpl. Even if you take it with a bucket of salt, it could be giving about 18 kmpl at cruising speeds of 90-110 kmph. The city driving on the other hand needs some getting used to. Not the smoothest of clutches and the bite point is higher too. Makes bumper to bumper driving a pain. I've got an i10 to do city chores and it is a similar case with you.

I'm not a gizmo feature guy. The safety features on the Jeep Compass far outweigh what Kia is offering. I managed to get a 3 year old 4x4 impeccable example for 15 lacs.

You won't regret the car even once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks