Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:45   #91
BHPian

Re: How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
On contrary,online bookings are being accepted.Today I had booked one with Nissan Mysore
What is the on-road price for Kicks CVT top end? I spoke to Honnasiri Nissan Mysore, SA said they are not taking any bookings, even if they take, delivery would be 4-6 months.
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
What is the on-road price for Kicks CVT top end? I spoke to Honnasiri Nissan Mysore, SA said they are not taking any bookings, even if they take, delivery would be 4-6 months.
I have not checked the exact on road price.Exshowroom is 14.9L.Nissan is offering some 61k discounts.Today I enquired with Honnasiri.I was told that 4 months waiting period is there.But NA variant is available.Infact I booked just to see whether booking is going through.Further the showroom requested me to wait for 1 week before cancelling the booking.I don't know why they said so.I am sincerely hoping that soon an updated version or Renault Arkana may come to India.Just hoping against hope.
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:13   #93
BHPian

Exactly, I want to replace my 2016 Duster RXZ AMT which is giving a great service, but that itch of new car is pushing me to look out. In fact, I have booked the Hyryder Strong Hybrid but boot size is too small, so I might cancel it after checking in person.

I even looked for Kicks CVT in used cars market, but none available at Bangalore. I don't want to go for Koreans or VW or MG.

So the wait continues for Renault Arkana or 2023 Nissan Kicks or TATA Blackbird or something fresh
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 16:34   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
I have not checked the exact on road price.Exshowroom is 14.9L.Nissan is offering some 61k discounts.Today I enquired with Honnasiri.I was told that 4 months waiting period is there.But NA variant is available.Infact I booked just to see whether booking is going through.Further the showroom requested me to wait for 1 week before cancelling the booking.I don't know why they said so.I am sincerely hoping that soon an updated version or Renault Arkana may come to India.Just hoping against hope.
What is your opinion of buying a pre-owned Nissan Kicks CVT top end?
2021 model, 7k kms run, asking price is 14.6L, it can be negotiated.
No insurance, it's with the dealer (don't know service history, odo authenticity, vehicle condition etc yet).

How much can be offered if all found to be ok?

Last edited by hummer : 18th October 2022 at 16:36.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 17:15   #95
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
What is your opinion of buying a pre-owned Nissan Kicks CVT top end?
2021 model, 7k kms run, asking price is 14.6L, it can be negotiated.
No insurance, it's with the dealer (don't know service history, odo authenticity, vehicle condition etc yet).

How much can be offered if all found to be ok?
Even if everything goes well 14.6 Lakhs is a bit high, try to strike a deal at around 14 lakhs.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 19:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Even if everything goes well 14.6 Lakhs is a bit high, try to strike a deal at around 14 lakhs.
Thanks bijims, I checked the service history, there is no single entry in the service station till now (7k kms), I think the first service should be done at 1500kms or 1 year whichever is earlier else warranty will be void, so even if the service is at 10k kms, warranty is already void since it has crossed 1 year mark without a service !!

Is this correct?

Last edited by hummer : 18th October 2022 at 19:31.
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 05:25   #97
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks bijims, I checked the service history, there is no single entry in the service station till now (7k kms), I think the first service should be done at 1500kms or 1 year whichever is earlier else warranty will be void, so even if the service is at 10k kms, warranty is already void since it has crossed 1 year mark without a service !!

Is this correct?
You may want to double check that with the dealership, if they say warranty is void and terms and conditions of warranty also specify warranty is void if service interval is not followed (It is usually the case), then I guess the warranty may be void.

Moreover, a few things to note are:
1. Warranty for Nissan Kicks is 2 years/50,000 km only, so considering this car is at least a year old, you only have 1 year or so left of standard warranty.
2. If extended warranty has not been opted for, you could opt for the same now if you intend to purchase this car, details are attached below

Hope it helps!
Attached Thumbnails
How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-nissan-ex-warranty.jpg  

bijims is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 11:59   #98
BHPian

The Nissan Website shows the CVT version of the Kicks as available . Does anyone have any clues if its a technical goof up or is it actually available.
Old 10th April 2023, 11:34   #99
BHPian

The dealer in Calicut conformed that Kicks is stopped. Also there is news of upcoming next gen Kicks
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...st-time-427810
Old 14th June 2023, 11:26   #100
BHPian

It appears that the Nissan Kicks has been removed from the official website. Currently, Nissan only offers the Magnite.

- https://www.nissan.in/
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 00:55   #101

After selling my old 2nd hand Skoda Octavia L&K MK1, I was on the lookout for a petrol car, with decent boot space, good build, and low maintenance costs. Also, I was looking for used cars not more than 1-2 years old. Me and my wife, while visiting multiple used car shops in Hyderabad, came across a 5-month-old Nissan Kicks XV petrol. Honestly speaking for both of us, we had not heard much about the Kicks in the market because of its low popularity.

The points of discussions that led to the purchase of this car are listed below:
- The immaculate condition. The car had only done 3000 KMs, was less that 6 months old and the exterior and interior condition was as good as a new car. In fact most of the plastic covers inside were still intact. The paint was new without any swirl marks, there were no scratches on the alloys and the fiber cladding on the car was not faded.
- Condition of the engine and mechanical parts. Since this was a new and low mileage car, we were assured that the engine, clutch, gearbox, and the tires wouldn’t have undergone any major wear and tear. There was also no servicing done as the first free servicing for Nissan Kicks is 10000KM or 1 year.
- Dimensions. The car looked tall when we compared it with other cars from the same segment in the shop. It had a decent 400 L boot, a center armrest, company fitted infotainment system with Android Auto, remote control for the infotainment system (Nissan Kicks does not have steering mounted controls but rather an additional stalk behind the steering wheel with all the controls for music, calls and voice control) - which were all the things we were looking for in our new car. In addition to this, we were impressed with the large 17-inch wheels.
- Vehicle inspection – We took the car to the Nissan service and had it inspected for any issues before finalizing the deal. The service advisor at Nissan was reluctant to carry out a general checkup as the car was new but agreed after I insisted. The results came out negative. There were no faults in the car. The car also had 3 years of extended warranty which was a bonus to the regular 2 years of warranty.
- Variant – this was the petrol non-turbo variant. Previously I owned an 18 years old 1.9 TDI Octavia and was used to driving a turbo diesel. The pull after the turbo lag, the torque and the heavy engine all appealed me but they came with a heavy maintenance cost(Turbo, EGR, mounts, etc). So, considering my past ownership experience, I was really looking forward to the Nissan Kicks 1.5 L petrol without the turbo. It was a simple engine meaning less components hence less maintenance. It also did not have a sunroof, which was another relief, because as the car ages, the rails of the sunroof, the motor all require upkeep. All in all, I wanted a trouble free, less complex car and this was it.

Considering all these points, we decided to purchase the car. The used car shop also helped me with an agent from the RTO office to assist with the RC and insurance transfer. Once the RC was transferred, I contacted Nissan to update my name as the owner in their records.
I have visited the Nissan workshop twice till date. They are busy throughout with Nissan /Datsun cars. I have even seen old Micra, Sunny and Teana being serviced. The service advisors are very polite and prompt. I was recently made aware that they have a PMP (Pre-paid maintenance package) for 2,3 and 5 years where you pay a sum of money in advance to cover the future costs of service and parts. I had apprehensions about the service and parts availability as the car has been discontinued. But the service advisors assured that there will not be any issue for spares and service.
It took me sometime to switch to driving a petrol engine, but it would be right to say that we have fallen in love with the car. The silent engine, the smooth drive, instant acceleration, all black interiors, and good suspension have won our hearts.
Lastly, before closing this article, I would like to list out some points that I do not like in the car.
- Minimal storage space inside the cabin. The central armrest does not open. There are no cupholders and the glovebox is deep but narrow.
- Absence of dead pedal. Again, this is something one can get used to over time.
- No start stop push button and no foldable key.
- Full features of the Nissan connect app are not available for the 1.5 SV non-turbo variant.
- Missing 50-50 split for the rear seats.
- Brakes feel spongy.
Attached Thumbnails
How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-img20230618wa00322.jpg  

How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-img20230618wa00272.jpg  

How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?-img20230618wa00352.jpg  

Allwynstanley is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 08:49   #102

Hello All,
Would need your suggestions: Getting a good deal on Kicks 1.3 turbo XV CVT for 9.5 lacs, 2021 Make, 13K kms on Odo. Test drive was also good but not as great as when I test drove it 20 months back at Nissan Showroom. Few queries:
1) Is it a believable deal? As I have Seen few other deals where even for 1.3 manual 3 years old 30k + they are asking for 10 lacs atleast!!
2) I will be taking it to Nissan dealer for checkup and will check for extended warranty, but are there any other points I need to check on?

Would appreciate your suggestions on this!
Old 25th August 2023, 09:20   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddi_punk1 View Post
Hello All,
Would need your suggestions: Getting a good deal on Kicks 1.3 turbo XV CVT for 9.5 lacs, 2021 Make, 13K kms on Odo. Test drive was also good but not as great as when I test drove it 20 months back at Nissan Showroom. Few queries:
1) Is it a believable deal? As I have Seen few other deals where even for 1.3 manual 3 years old 30k + they are asking for 10 lacs atleast!!
2) I will be taking it to Nissan dealer for checkup and will check for extended warranty, but are there any other points I need to check on?

Would appreciate your suggestions on this!
A friend got a 1.5 non-turbo XV MT for a similar amount. The car was 2023 make, 3k runs and has extended warranty. His lone service experience has been good and he is a happy man for the 2k kms that he has driven so far. Off late, I have been seeing many Kicks on the road which I had not expected.

In your case, the price is believable and a good deal for a turbo petrol automatic. You have to keep in mind the low FE of a turbo petrol and a possible waiting time for parts in future given the low sales Kicks saw. If you are okay with this, get the car checked at service center and also explore if you can buy the extended warranty if not already present.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th August 2023 at 09:23.
Old 13th February 2024, 20:57   #104
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Hi. Can anyone share why Kicks failed. Pricing , features, service?

I see many positive inputs about the car, so why a dud?
Old 14th February 2024, 07:27   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Hi. Can anyone share why Kicks failed. Pricing , features, service?

I see many positive inputs about the car, so why a dud?
  • Poor marketing
  • Not so attractive styling as per India's customer view point
  • Lack of diesel after BS4
  • Less features compared to Kia/Hyundai CSUVs
  • Dilemma over Nissan India's long-term existence

The 1.3Turbo with CVT is much more refined and reliable than all other similar segment cars, but a car is more than an engine as overall as a package, It could not compete against popular rivals as Nissan India management did a poor job on product placement and life-cycle management.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th February 2024 at 14:47. Reason: Minor formatting corrections
starke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks