Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 22:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Wait for Mahindra XUV700, or pick up the current XUV500?

Wait for a few more months if possible and you will have a lot more options at your disposal.
1. With Mahindra planning to cease the XUV 5OO production, albeit temporarily, you might get a pre-worshipped '5OO' at a decent price.
2. You will have a lot of ownership reviews of the '7OO' and Alcazar on the internet, which might help your buying decision.
3. With initial niggles possibly ironed out and probably good discounts on offer, you may consider Tata Safari as another option.

My pick would be the XUV 700.

Last edited by Emvi : 17th August 2021 at 22:13.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 00:47   #17
BHPian

I am in the midst of this exact same dilemma, and behold, there's a thread on TBHP just about this... Huh.

So I'm looking for an upgrade from my 2016 Ecosport diesel, and I wanted something that would feel like an upgrade. Unfortunately, nothing was in my budget, especially since I wanted an automatic, and a amooth and reliable one at that. The cheapest XUV500 W7 auto cost about 20L on-road, and I was convinced that the only way was to buy "pre-owned".

Along comes August 14th, and I was NOT at all looking forward to the XUV launch, as I was sure that it would be yet another 18-25L vehicle, and of no use to me. But then once the pricing info was out, I was completely blown away by the kit on offer, right from the base MX variant.

So I called up the Mahindra sales guy I had been bothering for a couple of months for a Thar TD, and he had scant few details. The next day, he suggested that the XUV500 had some great discounts on all variants. I'm guessing they have some unsold stock from lockdown times that they need to clear.

The XUV500 W7 AT costs 20L OTR originally, but now there's a factory discount of almost 1.6 lacs, plus other discounts, which bring the cost down to almost 18 lacs OTR. It is a nice, proven adequately loaded vehicle with 7 seats.

The XUV700 AX5 is the lowest priced model that comes with an automatic option. It costs 14.99 lacs for the Petrol. The diesel would likely cost half a lac more, and an automatic transmission would be at least a lac more, putting the pricing at anywhere between 16.5 to 17 lacs ex showroom, which would be about 18.5 to 19 lacs OTR.

Compared to the XUV500, You lose out on the extra 2 seats, but gain updated interiors, vastly better infotainment, "skyroof", alloy wheels, extra 2 airbags, Alexa, LED lighting, and a whole host of modern features, not to mention a brand new platform. That seems well worth the extra money, IMO.

It would take some big discounts to convince me or any other buyer to choose the 500 over the 700, like say, getting a W9 or W11 for that price.
vivekgk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 10:55   #18
BHPian

Now that the media embargo on XUV 700 has been lifted, we can see more first drive impressions and reviews. W also have the Team-Bhp first drive impression out as well. I think it makes sense to wait and watch for XUV 700 unless XUV 500 has some massive discounts on the top end W11 AT.

Thank you everyone for your comments and opinions.
superchamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 12:14   #19
BHPian

I see no reason why you cannot buy XUV500 if it has all features you want. Dont listen to people saying its outdated incase for you it has kept upto date with times.

Is VW Polo decades old car still not selling? For that matter Honda City etc. point is does XUV500 have all features or not. Also dont go overboard with wanting too many electrical controlled features like in XUV700. Are you driving a car or a ipad.

Also XUV500 is now very sorted and has great discounts going for it. Buy W11 AT and enjoy.
heydj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 22:40   #20
BHPian

I had a chat with Mahindra showroom and they have confirmed about the XUV 700 release. They will get it in the showroom from Oct 2.

Variants and pricing are still under wraps.

They have also got offers with the existing XUV 500 models and have W11 AT in stock and less of W7 and W9.
Old 13th September 2021, 16:24   #21
BHPian

Seems like there are huge offers on XUV500 now. Almost 2 to 2.5 lakhs.
So now I'm thinking if I should change my car now. I was waiting for the 700 but the current offer is tempting.
The automatic W7 OTR price in bangalore is now 19.2 lakhs with further dealer side negotiation possible. Confused!
Old 14th September 2021, 17:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
So now I'm thinking if I should change my car now. I was waiting for the 700 but the current offer is tempting.
The automatic W7 OTR price in bangalore is now 19.2 lakhs with further dealer side negotiation possible. Confused!
Hello dear Srivibhu,

Please check the following thread where you will find some invaluable inputs for your queries:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...0-booking.html (Am I being stupid in sticking with the outgoing XUV500 booking?)
Old 15th September 2021, 11:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Hello dear Srivibhu,

Please check the following thread where you will find some invaluable inputs for your queries:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...0-booking.html (Am I being stupid in sticking with the outgoing XUV500 booking?)
Thanks , I did read that thread.
Anyway XUV500 W11 AT , which was the only one available with most dealers was 23L+. If I am spending that sort of money, I would rather buy the new one rather than the current one. There were a few W7 too available but I was not interested. Plan to wait a bit and then upgrade to the XUV700. I just upgraded to the Harrier for my dad so can drive that around a bit if I feel the need for a large car

for now booked the Ola S1 pro too. This is the season of upgrades for me.
Old 15th September 2021, 11:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
I have received quotations for W9 AT and W11 O AT in Bangalore. Have attached the price for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Wait for Mahindra XUV700, or pick up the current XUV500?-xuv-price.jpg  

Old 15th September 2021, 12:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchamp View Post
I have received quotations for W9 AT and W11 O AT in Bangalore. Have attached the price for reference
There is an additional 50000 exchange bonus and up to 9500 corporate bonus on top of this
Old 15th September 2021, 18:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
There is an additional 50000 exchange bonus and up to 9500 corporate bonus on top of this
For those interested, there is also possibility of additional dealer side discount which the sales person offered me. So if someone is buying, negotiate hard.
Old 25th September 2021, 21:45   #27
BHPian

I got calls from 2 different dealerships today asking me to send my KYC details to prebook the XUV700. No booking amount needed though.
Old 30th September 2021, 21:25   #28
BHPian

Xuv700 doesn't seem VFM after the price and variants announcement.

I am thinking of looking for a pre worshipped crysta or xuv500
Old 17th October 2021, 13:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's like someone wanting to buy a 2011 iPhone 4S in this era of the iPhone 12 . No man, the XUV500 is too old & outdated now. The XUV700 (which I see as a majorly revamped & reworked XUV500) is far, far superior.

Please wait. Your current car is anyway just 5 years old. Would suggest buying the 2022 or 2023 build XUV700 as niggles & issues are a given with any freshly baked Mahindra, especially such an electronically complex one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Wait for a few more months if possible and you will have a lot more options at your disposal.
1. With Mahindra planning to cease the XUV 5OO production, albeit temporarily, you might get a pre-worshipped '5OO' at a decent price.
2. You will have a lot of ownership reviews of the '7OO' and Alcazar on the internet, which might help your buying decision.
3. With initial niggles possibly ironed out and probably good discounts on offer, you may consider Tata Safari as another option.

My pick would be the XUV 700.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1986 View Post
I would suggest to go for XUV500 as well and bargain heavily for the top variants. There wont be any new version of XUV500 as XUV700 has replaced it. But then, XUV500 top end variants are still good and proves their worth every now and then and if you get good discounts, it shouldn't be much of brainer for me.

Mind it XUV700 on road pricing for AX variants would touch 20+ easily in Bangalore (Diesel variant) in my point of view.
Quote:
I had a chat with Mahindra showroom and they have confirmed about the XUV 700 release. They will get it in the showroom from Oct 2.

Variants and pricing are still under wraps.

They have also got offers with the existing XUV 500 models and have W11 AT in stock and less of W7 and W9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepcm View Post
Go for 700. However if you could wait a few months, it will give you an opportunity to learn from real world reviews. Usually version 1.0 is last around of testing for any manufacturer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Do note that prices for 7 seater XUV 700 is not out yet.
However, logically, it can be expected to be slightly expensive than XUV 500 variant to variant. So, if budget wise, you are okay with the top end of XUV 500, you may not be disappointed with XUV 700.

However, do note that, the mentioned discounts for XUV 500 will not be available for XUV 700 as a newly launched product. Hence in actuals, you may be spending atleast in range of 3 lakh extra (it not more).

If I was in your position -

- Can wait and watch + can stretch budget for few additional lakhs: Will wait till 7 seater price + variant/ optional pack pricing is released, check the final price and decide if to go with XUV 700 or any other vehicle.

- If need to buy immediately + cant stretch budget - Bargain hard and get top end XUV500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I am in the midst of this exact same dilemma, and behold, there's a thread on TBHP just about this... Huh.

So I'm looking for an upgrade from my 2016 Ecosport diesel, and I wanted something that would feel like an upgrade. Unfortunately, nothing was in my budget, especially since I wanted an automatic, and a amooth and reliable one at that. The cheapest XUV500 W7 auto cost about 20L on-road, and I was convinced that the only way was to buy "pre-owned".

Along comes August 14th, and I was NOT at all looking forward to the XUV launch, as I was sure that it would be yet another 18-25L vehicle, and of no use to me. But then once the pricing info was out, I was completely blown away by the kit on offer, right from the base MX variant.

So I called up the Mahindra sales guy I had been bothering for a couple of months for a Thar TD, and he had scant few details. The next day, he suggested that the XUV500 had some great discounts on all variants. I'm guessing they have some unsold stock from lockdown times that they need to clear.

The XUV500 W7 AT costs 20L OTR originally, but now there's a factory discount of almost 1.6 lacs, plus other discounts, which bring the cost down to almost 18 lacs OTR. It is a nice, proven adequately loaded vehicle with 7 seats.

The XUV700 AX5 is the lowest priced model that comes with an automatic option. It costs 14.99 lacs for the Petrol. The diesel would likely cost half a lac more, and an automatic transmission would be at least a lac more, putting the pricing at anywhere between 16.5 to 17 lacs ex showroom, which would be about 18.5 to 19 lacs OTR.

Compared to the XUV500, You lose out on the extra 2 seats, but gain updated interiors, vastly better infotainment, "skyroof", alloy wheels, extra 2 airbags, Alexa, LED lighting, and a whole host of modern features, not to mention a brand new platform. That seems well worth the extra money, IMO.

It would take some big discounts to convince me or any other buyer to choose the 500 over the 700, like say, getting a W9 or W11 for that price.
Hi All
Need to give an update regarding the purchase. After much scrutiny, feedbacks, reviews in various forums and discussions, I have dropped the plan to purchase a new XUV700 or the XUV500.

I have gone ahead and purchased an Innova Crysta (Pre worshipped) ZX AT 2017.

I will add the reviews and purchase experience shortly.

Thank you everyone for your comments and feedbacks.
superchamp is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks