Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2024, 01:27   #16
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra XUV7OO vs Used Mahindra XUV5OO vs Used Tata Hexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.arya View Post
1. Should i really go for discontinued vehicles or looks for good used 7 seaters.
2. Which one will be easier to maintain (as in availability of parts in case of repairs).
3. In general based on your rich experience, which one would you chose if you were me?
1 - Totally depends upon your personal preference. There is not shortage of spares if you're concerned about that.
2 - Neither. Mahindras and Tatas are hardly ever easy to maintain. Mahindra does have a better spare parts network though.
3 - In your case, Hexa is a no brainer. It is a very less-run model. I love XUV500 and its a fun to drive SUV but it can't match the comfort and solidity offered by Hexa.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 10:32   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
1 - Totally depends upon your personal preference. There is not shortage of spares if you're concerned about that.
2 - Neither. Mahindras and Tatas are hardly ever easy to maintain. Mahindra does have a better spare parts network though.
3 - In your case, Hexa is a no brainer. It is a very less-run model. I love XUV500 and its a fun to drive SUV but it can't match the comfort and solidity offered by Hexa.
Thanks Amrit. I am inclined towards Hexa. Just needed a reassurance from this elite forum
Old 5th February 2024, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.arya View Post
On a personal note, I liked the driveability of Hexa over XUV.
Hexa has the same mill as the discontinued DiCor Safari - 2.2 VTT - probably one of the best diesel engines built in India. It's closed loop low inertia turbo charger by Garret/Honeywell and other components have excellent longevity.

The dim witted people in Tata have for some crazy reason discontinued this gem of a SUV. People who own Hexa, usually won't part with them. Grab it before it goes.
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 18:23   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Hexa has the same mill as the discontinued DiCor Safari - 2.2 VTT - probably one of the best diesel engines built in India. It's closed loop low inertia turbo charger by Garret/Honeywell and other components have excellent longevity.

The dim witted people in Tata have for some crazy reason discontinued this gem of a SUV. People who own Hexa, usually won't part with them. Grab it before it goes.
Thanks for your feedback. I was inclined towards it anyway. Lets go ahead with Hexa.
vijay.arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 21:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

I still can't believe they are not recycling the gem of an engine the Varicor 2.2 is. It would have been so much better than the gruffy 2.0l in the Safari.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks