Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which engine for my Compass?
Turbo-Diesel 191 89.25%
Turbo-Petrol 23 10.75%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2021, 15:52   #46
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass | Petrol or diesel?

Hi All,

I decided to forego the Jeep Compass. Took a test drive of the S DSL and PTRL models. Coming from driving a petrol for over 15 years (had a Tata Sierra before that- i soo miss it), the engine sound and vibrations were too much of a bother. The overall driving position was not comfortable also. Felt nervy (maybe im spoilt by the spot on dynamics of my VW). The Petrol was also similar in terms of the driving position. The Petrol engine was a lot more responsive than the Diesel but then the overall feel just did not sit right. My brother and wife both said no.

On the way back from the Jeep dealership, we went to the SKODA dealership and checked out the Octavia. Now that was a different experience altogether. The Octavia just feels right except for the lack of sunroof (why does the VW group not get it). Now i am waiting for the VW Tiguan. Hopefully the launch happens soon. Its the Tiguan or the Octavia now.

Lets just hope that VW does not make us wait too long for the Tiguan. They seem to be losing the plot.

On another note, sad to see Toyota and Honda not bringing the Corolla and Civic here. Wonder why.
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 13:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plosh View Post
Hey folks, I'm looking to buy a Jeep Compass soon. My issue is that I'm split between the two engine choices. The issue with Petrol is the lower efficiency and the petrol/ethanol blend issue as mentioned here: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/impact...petrol-engines

On the other hand, the diesel engine worries me because diesel cars seem to be getting phased out, and I won't want this car's life to be cut short.
I am in the same boat as you are, coupled with the fact that I am going to use the car in Delhi NCR having a 10 year diesel ban in place. Already TD'ed the petrol MT and AT, and going to TD the diesel MT tomorrow. Let's see how it turns out.
Coming from Polo TDI, the heart is set on the diesel one. Looking at the regulatory bias against diesels, the mind says go for petrol.
Old 21st November 2021, 01:05   #48

I gotta update y'all on this. I ended up going for the Tata Harrier XTA Plus Dark Edition. Same great diesel engine, and being an Altroz owner I have great connections with both the local sales and the service.

Loving the car, and I got a great automatic upper trim at the price of the base diesel Compass, and honestly haven't faced any issues to make me regret not picking the Compass. Looks killer too!

Jeep Compass | Petrol or diesel?-47782f03266c449aaa9a60fd097f2285.jpeg
plosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 22:57   #49
BHPian

The petrol AT makes a lot of sense compared to the diesel AT due to the huge price gap.
For people who want automatics only, the petrol AT is a good buy. I have test driven both and did not feel that the petrol AT is as bad as it is made out to be. I feel most people buying the diesel are buying the manual version.

Last edited by bangaloreguy : 7th March 2022 at 22:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks