Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2022, 15:46   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour replacement - Comfortable, powerful, high ground clearance for 30 lakhs Ex-Showro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Thank you Akash and Lamborghini for your feedback! Endeavour is a tough car to replace; unfortunately I will not be able to retain the car.

I am reluctant to go for sedans like Superb or Audi A4 as I have been driving SUVs for past 9 years and love the experience of not being bothered about broken roads.

From your response, I take that Tucson or the Compass are the worthy options to consider! As I mentioned, resale value is important as I can retain car for 44 months according to company policy. Do you think that Compass Model S would have a decent resale value considering spares are expensive and resale market might be limited to enthusiasts only?
Any reason you are not considering the gloster? Seems like a pretty competent option which is a competitor to the fortuner/ endeavour.

This video might help!

Last edited by scuderiamania : 15th January 2022 at 15:53.
scuderiamania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 09:06   #47
BHPian

Re: Looking for a comfortable 5-seater SUV/Crossover for 40-lakhs OTR

I'm facing the exact same issue. Absolutely love the vehicle. Off and on the road are unbelievable. Yet, there is nothing out there that can replace it. My endeavour is 5 years old now and done 80k kms and I've looked and honestly cannot find anything. The options are either too compact or overpriced. So my solution has been to do a full revamp of the car and slug it out over the next 5 years. In the last 5 years nothing has gone wrong seriously with the car. Had to change the brake pad and disc's which cost me about 50k and that was by far the most I've spent in all the 5 years combined. Maintenance is quite literally a hoot. Changed tires twice now. The only draw back now is that it's fuel consumption is high and the tech is old. But this is the car I would trust to take my family on long journeys. If anyone else has a good alternative... ie size and prowess then I'm eager to hear about it too
Valhalla1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 15:24   #48
BHPian

Citroen aircross is nice option, it has all the bells and whistles you need along with nice ride quality
pravint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:18   #49
BHPian

To put things in perspective, at the rate prices have increased, even the Endeavor might have been over 40 lakhs if it was on sale today, so for a worthy option it would make send to look a little higher than that price. I would avoid Tucson since it is at the end of its lifecycle. Both Crysta and Safari are good choices, former for resale and value, later for features and freshness.

Also, please test drive the Gloster and Kodiaq. Think back are how you used to Endeavor, if you want the ruggedness of SUV and full use of 7 seats, Gloster is a good fit. If features and road luxury is what you crave Kodiaq fits the bill.

Jeep Meridian might be a potential option to gamble and wait for but it might be too late to arrive.
astrodex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:25   #50
BHPian

I am in this situation actually and I have Innova 2013 (which runs like a gem especially in the long trips) currently. I was thinking of selling this Innova and go for a full blown SUV. I had Endeavour and Fortuner in my list and now I changed my strategy altogether. I will wait for some more time, and go for either Nexon EV (wanted to back TATA, sentimentally) or MG GS EV (due to its better execution than Hyundai's counterpart and as well those fire incidents) once they upgrade their range in the next version. Will use Innova for longer trips and the EV for everything else - short to mid range trips. Just wanted to share this school of thought as well. This might not be relevant to your requirements but still.

Last edited by sgmuser : 21st January 2022 at 14:26.
sgmuser is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks