Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 10:49   #31
BHPian

Re: Unable to find a suitable replacement for my Tata Hexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arayan5614 View Post
I have been looking for automatic hexa, do share more details of your hexa
Unfortunately he lives in NCR. Transfer across the stars is PITA from my experience transferring my nano from KL to Bangalore RTO

Even I am in the same boat as you.
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
Unfortunately he lives in NCR. Transfer across the stars is PITA from my experience transferring my nano from KL to Bangalore RTO

Even I am in the same boat as you.
I have family in NCR so I might get the RC transferred there and bring the car to KA and then face the slow and steady battle of transfer here
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:58   #33
BHPian

I run one of the last Hexa XTAs made. Needless to say I am thrilled with it. Mr. H. Sorabjee had called the Hexa the most comfortable car this side of Rs. 1 Cr. and after 2 years of ownership I fully concur.

I have been giving the Hexa Replacement Puzzle a lot of thought, though I am not planning a replacement. Without spending crazy money, the only thing that IMHO fits the bill as a practical chauffeured replacement is the Tata Winger with the rear seats replaced with a couple of La-Z-Boy recliners, a coffee bar and a small Portaloo cabin (input - output both taken care of).

The Hexa is 4788 mm long and the Winger is 4540 mm long. Ingress / egress is easy thanks to the "Kidnappers Choice" sliding doors, engine is the same 2.2L mill albeit with lesser power and torque. Spend a lakh or two on better firewall insulation, audio, bonded glass and she'll give the Vellfire a run for the money!
Ferruccio is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 12:23   #34
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Without spending crazy money, the only thing that IMHO fits the bill as a practical chauffeured replacement is the Tata Winger with the rear seats replaced with a couple of La-Z-Boy recliners, a coffee bar and a small Portaloo cabin (input - output both taken care of).

The Hexa is 4788 mm long and the Winger is 4540 mm long. Ingress / egress is easy thanks to the "Kidnappers Choice" sliding doors, engine is the same 2.2L mill albeit with lesser power and torque. Spend a lakh or two on better firewall insulation, audio, bonded glass and she'll give the Vellfire a run for the money!
Very interesting option (The length though of the new Winger is more though). These modifications might actually work exceedingly well as they are simpler to execute
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:29   #35
BHPian

I can understand and relate your Dilemma very well. I replaced my Aria with Crysta but everyone in my family still misses the Aria. Not sure about the feasibility but may I suggest the following?
1 Innova Crysta with recliner seats or
2 Fortuner with better suspension setup.
I am sure someone in NCR will be able to do this to your taste and liking.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 20:06   #36
BHPian

So, I was looking for buying a SUV seeing how my Growing, almost 3 year old son' head touching ceiling of my Tata zest when he wants to stand up on the seat, and head touching front windshield when standing near dashboard.
Wish for Used Hexa was renewed in my heart again. Hexa is difficult to come by and AT ones are even rarer.

My budget was approx 9-12 lakh, need was for a 5 or 7 seater. On Online search I found a good condition Hexa XM 2017 ran 38k km, on paper 2nd owner car (owner says it was a company lease vehicle which was later transferred to him but it's who actually had it all the time).
I also happened to Test drive another 2017 60k km driven Second gen XUV 500 Automatic, and a manual XUV 500 95 k KM which was present in the yard.

With another dealer I drove an approx 60k km run XM Hexa.

Few observation in short drive on hebbal ring road: and around hoodi:
In both XUV 500 apart from horn everything else was making sound on even those pesky speed brakers masquerading as Rumble strips. Though clutch had large play and was almost on or off making stop and go use on slopes risky, gear box was light and gears were easy to shift. Feel of a driving a car, steering was okay.

Hexa had a Good ride quality, Hardly any jerks and jarrings made through into cabin (this was the main reason I wanted Hexa), quiet cabin.
The one with stock wheels steered relatively okay. The one which condition was better and less ran clutch felt heavier, Steering a lot heavier probably due to alloys shifting tyres outwards from stock. On fully depressing clutch I could feel engine vibrations in my foot. Gear liver starts vibrating as soon as you switch on the engine. Hexa gears are rubbery to slot in. Also, there is no protection to prevent accidental reverse gear engagement. Throws are like of old Buses/trucks I guess. I had to really move my left hand around. This is gonna be chore to drive in bangalore.

I think Hexa XTA/XMA are the ones to buy, but almost none on sale.

I had carried preconception that Mahindra diesel engines are quieter on outside and in cabin, but this changed my impression totally.

Other option in my budget are Used 2011 Fortuner, but I read about problems they had. Specially FE and braking.
Though 15 year scrappage rule is nit there in bangalore so far, but just a day Or two ago I read NGT order on Max 15 year age of vehicle has tk be implemented even in the places ita currently not.
So. Fortuner can suddenly tuen into scrap in 3 years afer 12 lakh spent. That's preventing me from considering Fortuner which are 11-12 year old.

All thse SUV's vibrated more than my zest.

On the side line, My zest was valued at 3.25 lakh at the same yard. It's dec 2015 reg and Nov 2015 manufactured, Single handed driven to 91.5 K Km. And is is Very good condition with No major accidents. No Drivetrain issues, and Minor dent on door.
When I search online, My car value comes to 2.75-3.75 lakh, and Same condition Hexa sale value comes at 8.5-9.5 lakh. Meanwhile A 2014 Tata Zest Petrol XMS (41K KM run)is on sale for 4.59 lakh online
Attached Thumbnails
Unable to find a suitable replacement for my Tata Hexa-img20220303wa0007.jpg  

Unable to find a suitable replacement for my Tata Hexa-img20220303wa0005.jpg  

Unable to find a suitable replacement for my Tata Hexa-img20220303wa0006.jpg  

Unable to find a suitable replacement for my Tata Hexa-img20220303wa0004.jpg  

Most Viewed