Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Search for the "Perfect Car" in the 40 - 45 lakh range

Suggestion = take a spin in the Toyota Camry Hybrid. 15 kmpl in the city, almost "Lexus" levels of luxury, decently fun-to-drive and will easily last 300,000 - 400,000 km with proper maintenance. Drive it and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Would've suggested the Kodiaq, but no way your high running can accommodate the usual Skoda nonsense & lack of reliability.[/quote]

Hi GTO,
Is there a reason you have mentioned the Camry and not the Skoda Superb? I would have thought that with your ownership experience, this will be highly recommended. In Blr, the Superb is bang in the midst of the 40-45 range and the Camry crosses 50 big ones.

Your insights would be valuable here.
Thank you
vanam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:33   #17
BHPian

An 3.0 endeavour should be replaced by a 3.2 endeavour only. You will get good preowned examples from Bangalore , Maharashtra & Gujarat .Say if you get a good eg. say 40-50k on the odometer you will end up only spending 25-30 big ones . 2-3l for reregistration in Hyderabad and balance can be used for any major maintenance say like gearbox .
I have followed the same route was having a 3.0 endeavour and upgraded to 3.2 in 2019 .
My car had done 21k and now its 55k. Ford has warranty covered till 6 years and its real value for money. In India we compare an Endeavour to Fortuner rest of the globe its positioned above the Fortuner and its compared to Prado.The features on the 3.2 are way more than the current Legender also. I ll post some pics of my beast in action.
You will love every moment with the 3.2 endy.
Search for the "Perfect Car" in the 40 - 45 lakh range-_tej61512.jpg
LEOMAN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 13:16   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOMAN View Post
The features on the 3.2 are way more than the current Legender also.
Sorry to say, but the difference in features is very little to be a deal breaker now!

What Endeavour gets and Fortuner does not
1. Sunroof
2. TPMS
3. Lumbar support
4. Fancy park assists
5. Front 4 parking sensors (Fortuner gets 2)
6. Gas struts for Bonnet
7. Better quality roof liner
8. Auto Wipers
9. Inbuilt navigation/GPS
10. Terrain management system
11. Center differential
12. Adaptive guidelines
13. Sun visor extenders
14. 10 speaker system + Active Noise Cancellation
15. Electric folding 3rd row seats

What Fortuner Legender gets and Endeavour does not
1. Paddle shifters
2. Drive modes
3. Ventilated seats
4. Auto start/Stop
5. Plastic sill plates
6. Dual Glovebox
7. Auto LSD + A-TRAC
8. One touch tumble 2nd row
9. Reclining 3rd row seats
10. Full size spare with alloy
11. 3-point seat belt for all passengers
12. Telescopic steering adjustment
13. Wireless charger (Legender)
14. Rear differential lock
15. 11 speaker JBL system
16. Full LED headlights + taillights (except reverse lights)

No doubt the 3.2L Endeavour was one of the best in the segment, but the facelifted Fortuner is right up there this time around. And both have equal number of hits-and-misses.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 23rd April 2022 at 13:18.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 13:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Sorry to say, but the difference in features is very little to be a deal breaker now!

What Endeavour gets and Fortuner does not
1. Sunroof
2. TPMS
3. Lumbar support
4. Fancy park assists
5. Front 4 parking sensors (Fortuner gets 2)
6. Gas struts for Bonnet
7. Better quality roof liner
8. Auto Wipers
9. Inbuilt navigation/GPS
10. Terrain management system
11. Center differential
12. Adaptive guidelines
13. Sun visor extenders
14. 10 speaker system + Active Noise Cancellation
15. Electric folding 3rd row seats

What Fortuner Legender gets and Endeavour does not
1. Paddle shifters
2. Drive modes
3. Ventilated seats
4. Auto start/Stop
5. Plastic sill plates
6. Dual Glovebox
7. Auto LSD + A-TRAC
8. One touch tumble 2nd row
9. Reclining 3rd row seats
10. Full size spare with alloy
11. 3-point seat belt for all passengers
12. Telescopic steering adjustment
13. Wireless charger (Legender)
14. Rear differential lock
15. 11 speaker JBL system
16. Full LED headlights + taillights (except reverse lights)

No doubt the 3.2L Endeavour was one of the best in the segment, but the facelifted Fortuner is right up there this time around. And both have equal number of hits-and-misses.
Sir 2017 beats 2022 . Terrain management system is straight lift from Rangerover . 3.2 with 5 cylinder guise is more refined and equally powerful by todays standard and lastly 55l car doesnt get a panaromic sunroof. One touch all power windows up-down is also present.
LEOMAN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 19:06   #20
BHPian

I recently traveled on an Isuzu MUX and was blown away by the torque, power and suspension. It is an abuse friendly gem of an engine as well and would amble all day long. Any reason you did not consider this as an option?

Last edited by luvurride : 23rd April 2022 at 19:13.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 19:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
I recently traveled on an Isuzu MUX and was blown away by the torque, power and suspension. It is an abuse friendly gem of an engine as well and would amble all day long. Any reason you did not consider this as an option?
Did you drive the 3L engine or the 2L one? Basically bar or bs6? I am not sure if the new engine on the vcross has made its way to the mux. That's why asking.
Old 23rd April 2022, 20:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

I'm in a similar dilemma and have decided to go with the used 3.2 endeavour route. The other options for me was a used volvo xc60 or xc90 but even the oldest current gen examples are being sold here in kerala for above 60l which doesn't make much sense to me.

If the 7 seats are not compulsory for you, do try the citroen C5 aircross.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 22:53   #23
RYP
BHPian

Idealy you are looking for a Toyota Vellfire at 45L. Not going to happen buddy. Carnival is the best bang for your buck. Last gen or not, its the most advanced 7 seater available in India at that price point. If 7 seater is not a requirement, close your eyes and go for the Camry. After living with a Toyota & Ford all these years, don't even consider any Europeans, they are just showpieces masquerading as cars. Reliability is everything! Gloster & Alturas are just meh, an also ran kind.
RYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 23:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

I would throw in the upcoming Jeep Meridian in the ring as a wild card. If not longer, it is definitely as long as the Endeavour tho tad less tall and the rear seats seem pretty usable to me. How do I know? A fiat employee stays in my building and the Meridian comes to drop him at night from work.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 01:04   #25

We own a Carnival Limousine Plus since November 2021. Haven't faced a ground clearance issue even with 7 passengers. Have tried some large speed breakers in nearby tier 2 towns and had no problems.

The new Kia Carnival launched outside India has the same power train and engine as the current one - and they work really well - never felt short on power and gear shifts have been sufficiently fast and smooth. Yes there is better electronics on offer in the new Carnival launched globally including a digital cockpit and 360 degree camera. If that's a deal breaker for you, then you might want to wait.

I drive the car myself, have personally not been using the ventilated seat as much, but again, thats my preference. If ventilated seats are very important then you might want to try other cars.

We are a family of 5 who could not sit comfortably in a 2 row car and really wanted a car with functional 3rd row and luxurious interiors with a comfortable ride. And of course reliable mechanicals and safety were top on our list of priorities.

Driving on narrow streets has been tricky but manageable. Parking however has been tough, especially in the city. However, if you are looking for a highway cruiser, then you might want to test drive carnival and decide for yourself. The only thing I am not sure of is long term reliability as compared to Toyota - given that you use your vehicle for a long term, you may want to stick to the Japanese options.
CoolFamilyGuy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 11:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Did you drive the 3L engine or the 2L one? Basically bar or bs6? I am not sure if the new engine on the vcross has made its way to the mux. That's why asking.
It was the 3L BS4. It is now sold with the 2L one.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 12:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
Idealy you are looking for a Toyota Vellfire at 45L. Not going to happen buddy. Carnival is the best bang for your buck. Last gen or not, its the most advanced 7 seater available in India at that price point. If 7 seater is not a requirement, close your eyes and go for the Camry. After living with a Toyota & Ford all these years, don't even consider any Europeans, they are just showpieces masquerading as cars. Reliability is everything! Gloster & Alturas are just meh, an also ran kind.
Slightly off-topic, but how can you say that the Europeans are just showpieces? European cars (especially German cars) offer much better quality, fit and finish and attention to detail compared to Toyota and Ford (although the Endeavour and the Camry punch above their weight). These European cars will spoil you in terms of quality and attention to detail no matter how bad their is. If you experience them only then you will understand the USP of German cars.

The reliability of the Germans is just a hit or miss. Most of these so called unreliable Germans are either lemons or poorly manufactured ones . People call German cars as unreliable because they are complicated and most of them aren't manufactured properly. Reliability of a car depends on how good it's manufactured. Not on the basis of the brand. Toyota is over reliable doesn't mean that all Toyotas are reliable. There are some Toyotas which exist as lemons as well. A Land Cruiser broke down in India and the owner protested for poor service by Toyota.

Just because Europeans are unreliable doesn't mean that they are showpieces. Their ownership experiences are just hit or miss and that's it.
IREV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 13:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoV View Post
...We sold our 2013 Toyota Innova before the pandemic since it has crossed 5,00,000kms.

....... According to me a 2018 Endeavour 3.2L with 20,000-25,000kms on the odometer will be a good buy. ...
Only 20K KM run Endeavour in 4 years translates to 5K KM running a year is a bit unrealistic wish don't you think.

Most going for the Endy would definitely use them well with sugnificantly more KMs on the odo in that duration. If you indeed find a 20K run one, it would be too good to be true

You should perhaps wait for the upcoming Jeep Meridian.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 13:19   #29
BHPian

Hi @AutoV,

Since you haven't specifically mentioned the requirement for a 7 seater, though your shortlisted cars are all 5+ seaters, some recommendations from me are given below. Also, it's very difficult to get a vehicle that meets all the 7 expectation you have mentioned. What you can do is prioritize each of the requirement and be prepared to live with limitations/issues caused by the lowest priority item(s).

Recommendations at 40-45L OTR
  • Upcoming Jeep Meridian
  • Citroen C5 Aircross

Recommendations at 40-45L Ex-Showroom
  • New Toyota Camry
  • BMW X1

One other recommendation is to look at options below 40L. There are equally good vehicles there. As someone already mentioned, do take a test drive of XUV 7OO.
techmotor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 22:44   #30
RYP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREV View Post
Slightly off-topic, but how can you say that the Europeans are just showpieces? European cars (especially German cars) offer much better quality, fit and finish and attention to detail compared to Toyota and Ford (although the Endeavour and the Camry punch above their weight). These European cars will spoil you in terms of quality and attention to detail no matter how bad their is. If you experience them only then you will understand the USP of German cars.
Calm down buddy, your tonnage seems a bit hostile & defensive. I'm a professional Crash & NVH Engineer for about a decade now and have worked with GM, Suzuki & Honda and a Petrol head since 8. It's just a opinion from my pov after seeing terabytes and terabytes of data and curiosity. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it. Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks