Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2023, 10:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu MU-X | Should I choose the 4x2 or 4x4? EDIT: Booked the 4x4 variant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Thanks! Yes, everyone helped me understand what I was doing and why.
Congratulations! Wishing you lacs of safe and fun-filled km on your MUX. Happy to note that you went with your heart. Now, please do share some snaps of your new ride
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 11:52   #62

Re: Isuzu MU-X | Should I choose the 4x2 or 4x4? EDIT: Booked the 4x4 variant!nh

Quote:
So you're the one who booked the other vehicle. Have you gotten your's yet? I got mine delivered yesterday.
Finally i took delivery on 27th Jan. Superb SUV. They gave nearly 5.5 L discount, which includes accessories. I wanted to go with 4x4 because i have seen scorpio getting stuck in itanagar, Arunachal pradesh. I may not need 4wd 99% of time but when the situation demands, it must be available to me. Thanks for the entire thread of yours and the people who contributed to it. It strengthened my decision🙏
Sushil Kumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 14:14   #63
BHPian

Re: Isuzu MU-X | Should I choose the 4x2 or 4x4? EDIT: Booked the 4x4 variant!nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Kumar View Post
Finally i took delivery on 27th Jan. Superb SUV. They gave nearly 5.5 L discount, which includes accessories. I wanted to go with 4x4 because i have seen scorpio getting stuck in itanagar, Arunachal pradesh. I may not need 4wd 99% of time but when the situation demands, it must be available to me. Thanks for the entire thread of yours and the people who contributed to it. It strengthened my decision🙏
5.5 lakhs? Wow! What was the on road price without accessories?
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 20:25   #64

Quote:
5.5 lakhs? Wow! What was the on road price without accessories?
36.5 L (including accesories) with BH number Plate
Sushil Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 16:11   #65
BHPian

Quote:
36.5 L (including accesories) with BH number Plate
The regional manager of Isuzu says it's impossible for a discount of 5.5 lakhs. No dealership can provide discounts over and above what the company gives. Could it be possible that they inflated the price of some items and showed you a perceived discount of 5.5?

And by on-road, you mean the road tax as well?
Old 31st January 2023, 19:12   #66

The price was exactly same as mentioned on isuzu website, i went to them on 19 th dec. they themselves called me in the evening saying that they are offering discount on the SUV with 4.5 lakhs. I told them that i am budgeting for April 2023 and cannot buy now even though the discount is good. Also, i wanted Red color SUV. They said sir, we want to bill it in this month itself because we have few SUVs left at factory and it will be loss if we couldnt sell. I asked them for some time. I checked my finances, discussed with my family and friends and told them that i booked hyundai tucson awd already with 36.5 lakhs price and delivery in April 2023. I cannot go beyond that budget because i still have 4 months left to get to that budget. The sales man asked me to meet him next day. I went to them and they offered addition 30k for not having red color, i said i am still short of funds. The sales person took me to his manager and the manager agreed for additional 20k discount after is remain silent on anything more than 36.5 lakhs. After discount, Manager said that insurance will be done by them only and all payments to be done before invoicing. I agreed but kept 1 lakh amount, to be given only after successful PDI. I asked them to include reverse parking sensors, MUX branded footmat, door visor for windows, Rear bumper garnish. In my opinion they could have inflated 10-15k but not more because i was fixed on 36.5 lakhs price of Hyundai tucson.

I felt that their compulsion was to sell their last few pieces in financial year 2022 and they also felt that i also have compulsion of 36.5 lakhs price of hyundai tucson.

I am not very good negotiator but i think my inability to pay beyond 36.5 lakhs made them agree.

Fortunately the hyundai dealer returned my entire booking amount.
Sushil Kumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 18:19   #67
BHPian

Quote:
The price was exactly same as mentioned on isuzu website, ........
Sir, I tried to contact you, but it looks like you've chosen not to receive messages.
Old 1st February 2023, 20:01   #68

Quote:
Sir, I tried to contact you, but it looks like you've chosen not to receive messages.
I am new to this website and I am not aware of any such setting.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th February 2023 at 17:27. Reason: Pesonal number deleted
Sushil Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 21:02   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, everyone helped me understand what I was doing and why. I learnt a lot from both parties- those for, and those against, Mu-X.

Perhaps I was too excited. I'll try and find out the incline of the exact spot and, if possible, take a snap.
The muX achieves 30 degrees very easily. I can confidently say this as I have seen the tests myself.

It has capability to achieve gradients greater than 30 degrees as it has enough power for that. The constraint is the long wheelbase, approach and departure angles, although they are sufficient for 30 degrees.
JitendraK78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 09:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I checked my finances, discussed with my family and friends and told them that i booked hyundai tucson awd already with 36.5 lakhs price and delivery in April 2023. In my opinion they could have inflated 10-15k but not more because i was fixed on 36.5 lakhs price of Hyundai tucson.

I felt that their compulsion was to sell their last few pieces in financial year 2022 and they also felt that i also have compulsion of 36.5 lakhs price of hyundai tucson.
Tucson AWD for 36.5L? Are you talking about the old Tucson or the new one? If its the new one, the AWD variant costs around 43.2L ONR Chennai. How is it 36.5?
Old 7th February 2023, 22:44   #71
BHPian

@JoaTMoN- many congratulations for your hearty choice. Life is short to regret for not choosing what YOU want.
This is a very capable suv and you are going to love it.

@Sushil Kumar- what an excellent deal you got.

Pl keep posting.

Cheers
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 06:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Tucson AWD for 36.5L? Are you talking about the old Tucson or the new one? If its the new one, the AWD variant costs around 43.2L ONR Chennai. How is it 36.5?
I still think he's quoting the ex showroom price. Nobody gives 5 or 6 lakhs as discount even with hard negotiation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Shikhar View Post
@JoaTMoN- many congratulations for your hearty choice. Life is short to regret for not choosing what YOU want.
This is a very capable suv and you are going to love it.

Pl keep posting.

Cheers
Yes sir, the moment we get into the vehicle, we feel like we should keep on driving. We took it to the hills recently, and drove in some rocky unpaved roads, and it climbed every steep ones without breaking a sweat. I didn't even have to engage 4 low anywhere. People constantly point out to its 1.9 L engine, and how underpowered it will be for such a massive vehicle. I haven't felt it. The only place I thought it could have some quick power is during an overtake maneuver, but I'd attribute it to the automatic gear's behavior, which I've seen in other automatic vehicles as well.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th February 2023 at 08:17. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you!
JoaTMoN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 08:23   #73
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Yes sir, the moment we get into the vehicle, without breaking a sweat. I didn't even have to engage 4 low anywhere. People constantly point out to its 1.9 L engine, and how underpowered automatic vehicles as well.
You know, 90% or more of us users do NOT need 4x4. But frankly who cares? If you want one and can afford it, go and buy one! Its your money and your choice! Makes the heart happy!

For example; I don’t need 4x4 in my daily life by any stretch, but I own two- simply because I have always liked and had 4x4’s and anyway I want to live my dreams of behaving like a rugged outdoorsy explorer type and who is to stop me?

A fellow member on the forum Bibendum90949 has extensive experience with the Isuzu. And he is all praises for it as a highly capable utility vehicle. He has even run flood rescue operations in it and found it functionally adequate and powerful. So just forget all this stuff about the vehicle being underpowered.

Enjoy your Isuzu. Its good value in my book. Just like the Scorpio Getaway also is/ was.

These are all strong, capable, generally tough and reliable cars. All you have to do is take care of them.

It is not only the big T - Toyota, that can make tough and reliable cars, pickups, SUVs and functional 4x4s.

Isuzu, Nissan, Suzuki, Mitsubishi etc are all doing sterling duties in this space, across some of the harsh terrain this world has to offer. Deserts, Mountains, Rocks and all. So dont worry. Just enjoy!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 08:43   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Hyundai Tucson awd signature ex showroom is about 34.5 lakhs and with Bharat Series Registration plate and Insurance u get around 36.5 Lakhs.

Quote:
I still think he's quoting the ex showroom price. Nobody gives 5 or 6 lakhs as discount even with hard negotiation.
Yes, nobody gives that kind of discount.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th February 2023 at 08:52. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 12th February 2023, 10:37   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai Tucson awd signature ex showroom is about 34.5 lakhs and with Bharat Series Registration plate and Insurance u get around 36.5 Lakhs.

Yes, nobody gives that kind of discount.
OK, so it was the ex showroom price indeed. So your on road price for Mux would have been 43 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks