Jeep Compass 19 5.81%
Mahindra XUV700 69 21.10%
Other (please specify in your post) 3 0.92%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2023, 11:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos Facelift vs Hyundai Creta vs VW Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs others

I feel like a lot of BHPians, including me, desperately wanna believe that the new Seltos is structurally safe and gets minimum 4 stars. This voting will definitely tell a different story if Kia haven't done any improvements on the crash safety aspect.
Seltos is my pick among this lot of cars, but I wouldn't buy one unless the crash ratings have been improved.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 11:54   #17
BHPian

I now own the Kia Seltos facelift and I have voted for the same. It does most things very well and it is going to be really tough for the others to match up on the whole. The next facelift of the Creta could possibly be the first real challenger whenever it launches but till then I feel that it is going to get a free run.
Old 16th August 2023, 11:57   #18
BHPian

Voted for Skoda Kushaq as I can choose only one among it and VW Taigun. Safety and Handling are the highest priorities for me. I feel Skoda-VW reliability is just fine, based on my experience with multiple Skoda cars over the last decade. Seltos is a very very tempting car because of the features but I would never buy it over a much safer car available from the same segment without any critical compromises.
Old 16th August 2023, 13:33   #19
BHPian

Voted for the Harrier (keeping in mind the upcoming facelift) which is going to be proper. With the current gen Harrier, Seltos FL is the clear winner.
Old 16th August 2023, 13:52   #20
BHPian

Voted for Seltos facelift as it ticks all boxes for a normal user (barring safety which is untested for facelift). Overall as a package, nothing beats it except perhaps Creta facelift, as and when it comes. XUV 700 is a complete car again, but won't compare it here as it is a seven seater and much bigger dimensions which may not fit in everyone's garage.
Old 16th August 2023, 14:46   #21
BHPian

Voted for Taigun as safety is a primary criterion for me (last month voted with my wallet also)

God knows how much I love Seltos and wanted to purchase it, as it is a complete package for a nuclear family if only they increase the safety.

Waited for the facelift with a lot of hope but after viewing the launch video and finding no mention of structural safety have gone ahead and booked the Taigun.

Last edited by Illuminati : 16th August 2023 at 14:49. Reason: minor correction
Illuminati is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 14:56   #22
BHPian

The list has no mention of the Honda Elevate which seems to be a relevant option for this category now!

I already own the old Creta and the Safari. My Creta is approaching the 1 lakh km and 7 year mark, it is a fuss-free vehicle. The Safari is rugged and perfect for Highway duties and feels spacious for 4 to 5 people!

I booked the Honda Elevate to replace the Creta for city runs as the Elevate should be a reliable, comfortable and spacious vehicle with most of the features I need from a mainly chauffeur driven beater.
Old 16th August 2023, 15:46   #23

I can't vote but my vote would have gone to Seltos facelift. Its an all rounder and you get almost everything for the amount you pay. I plan to buy a car probably by next year and seltos ticks all the boxes that I want from a car. I tend to keep my cars for long i.e. over a decade. Hence, the only doubt is the dual clutch reliability and turbo petrol engine issues in such a long run. Not sure if it will be a fuss free ownership for 10 years and more.
sidg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 18:02   #24
BHPian

I'm truly impressed by the Kia Seltos facelift. Still, I can't ignore my reservations about the GNCAP crash test rating. On a different note, even though the XUV700 by Mahindra is in a slightly higher segment, it appears to be a well-rounded option, and that's where I lean towards. Given that the Seltos X-Line P DCT is priced at 24.8 lakhs on the road and the XUV700 AX7 P AT is priced at 28.2 lakhs, I wouldn't mind paying the extra amount for the XUV700 because of its enhanced safety, space, and overall size. That's why my vote goes to the XUV700.

Last edited by MotorDev : 16th August 2023 at 18:18.
Old 16th August 2023, 19:57   #25
BHPian

Voted for XUV700! Sorry to say, but I think it’s unfair to keep Jeep Compass and XUV700 in the same bracket as Kia Seltos. XUV700 is a segment higher and Compass is atleast two segments higher. If size is the only parameter to compare Compass with Seltos then BMW X1 could have been kept as an option too.
Rahkehs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 22:09   #26
BHPian

I voted for the Kushaq 1.5 L DSG because I own one in the Montecarlo trim . The car is a looker, and has a powerful engine, quick-shifting DSG and excellent ride/handling. Taigun GT is a close second for me and the only thing I don't like about Taigun compared to Kushaq is excess chrome everywhere. I find the size of these cars just right for a city like Bangalore, especially with their small turning radius.

While I really like what the Seltos facelift has to offer in terms of features, ADAS and luxury car-like interior quality, I don't think the 1.5L turbo with DCT on the Seltos (Driven it on Verna) feels as good as the 1.5TSI/DSG combo even though the Seltos produces more power. And even though the Koreans claim to have made improvements to the build quality, I remain doubtful till the crash test proves it.
Old 16th August 2023, 23:47   #27
BHPian

XUV700 is a no brainer if not for the waiting period. Features, space, power, looks, safety, value for money, luxury. You name it, it got it.
gck_tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 00:14   #28
BANNED

Mistakenly voted for the Harrier, my actual vote goes to the XUV700. It offers an all-encompassing package with features, performance, value for money (VFM), and, most importantly, safety. Neglecting such a critical factor as safety when choosing or recommending a car is concerning. In terms of reliability, the Seltos and XUV700 are more or less on the same level, both are not a Toyota. I sincerely wish buyers are guided in the right direction, towards safety.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 00:25   #29
Team-BHP Support

Each car in the list has at least one major deal breaker as far as my usage is concerned. My reference point (specially for interior space, comfort, FE is 1.3 S-Cross)

Kia Seltos Facelift - Only the mid variants get CVT, 3 Star NCAP
Hyundai Creta - 3 Star NCAP
Volkswagen Taigun & Skoda Kushaq - I personally have reliability concerns, AC
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara & Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Interior sitting comfort & boot space
MG Astor - too small
MG Hector - Fuel Efficiency
Tata Harrier - Typical Tata niggles
Jeep Compass - Too expensive
Mahindra XUV700 - Fuel Efficiency

I cannot decide, so not voting. I hope Honda does a good job of pricing the Elevate well. OR one of deal breakers is taken care of by 2024/25 when I will be shopping.
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 07:02   #30
BHPian

KIA has not mentioned anything substantial about improved safety/build quality in Seltos v2. All they are talking is new looks and tech. Voted other. By other I meant Scorpio N. Almost the same pros and cons of XUV 700 with the exception of BoF and better macho looks. If XUV 700 made it to the vote list, why not Scorpio N?

Last edited by ags82 : 17th August 2023 at 07:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks