Kia Carens 5 1.59%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 28 8.92%
Toyota Innova Crysta 42 13.38%
Others (please specify in your post) 8 2.55%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2023, 20:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Facelift vs Mahindra XUV700 vs MG Hector Plus vs Hyundai Alcazar vs Others

Voted for Crysta. Though my choice would be the automatic.

For simple reason why I choose Crysta is that this is a big 7 seater territory. And here except the Scorpio, none of these are SUV's. And I don't see the options a driver focussed/enthusiasts line-up. If that is the case, then my choice would only be a 5 seater and not a 7 seater. So if it is utility 7 seater with enough bells and whistles (if not all), lowest maintenance, top class comfort and ultimate reliability, then it can be none other than the king maker Crysta. In terms of driving fun, yes the Crysta may not score full marks, but that is much expected out of a comfortable 7 seater. There is no perfect car in the world.

Other wise Hycross Hybrid will be my next choice.
Old 9th November 2023, 20:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Facelift vs Mahindra XUV700 vs MG Hector Plus vs Hyundai Alcazar vs Others

Voted Safari.

Why? If I am thinking of 7 seaters then I am thinking primarily for the passenger comfort and I am already way outside my comfort zone of size and heft.
So why not go the whole hog and get the latest of the most experienced one which looks better than the rest IMHO.

Although I would stick to lower trims, at most the Adventure AT, skipping some unnecessary tech and those 19 inchers.
Possible deal-breakers could be the knee-console issue, the A-pillar blackspot and general performance of the "glass cockpit".

Fallback option : Innova Hycross

Last edited by shancz : 9th November 2023 at 20:37. Reason: upd fallback
Old 9th November 2023, 20:40   #18
BHPian

Voted for Crysta. Having lived with Harrier, I will never fall for looks or low initial investment rather buy Crysta which will help reduce overall ownership cost

Last edited by greyhound82 : 9th November 2023 at 20:41.
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 21:58   #19
BHPian

Can't vote yet so stating my comments here.

Vote - Scorpio N

If I were to go on looks along, it would be the Safari, hands down; but a SUV is more than just its skin. Voting for the ScorpioN considering its butch looks, brilliant Diesel engine, good fit & finish, high safety standards and off-roading ability.
Old 9th November 2023, 22:24   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote goes to the ‘Crysta’.

I’ll just say this, there are very very few SUVs / MUVs that can stand the test of time like a BoF, RWD Toyota can, period.

A very close second for me would belongs in the ‘Others’ category: The Innova HyCross.

I’m not someone who buys a car based on its features, I prefer a complete package that a car and its brand has to offer.

A reliable, no-nonsense, cheap-to-maintain, fuel-efficient, sufficiently powerful, spacious, and decently safe is the package that I like and apart from the Crysta or HyCross I don’t see any other car fulfilling all these criterion atleast for me.

I have put my money where my mouth is atleast for now, by booking the HyCross and plan to retain my BoF Diesel Toyota till the time the government doesn’t forcefully take it away from me…
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 23:26   #21
BHPian

Voted for Scorpio-N (if this voting concerns SUVs). It’s the only true SUV in the list with brilliant engine both petrol & diesel, great road-manners for a tall SUV and is a brilliant tourer.

If voting is for best raised (elongated) hatch-back, then according to me, New Safari is the best currently closely followed by XUV700 (XUV700 has the advantage of offering petrol)!

Last edited by Rahkehs : 9th November 2023 at 23:30.
Old 9th November 2023, 23:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Voted for XUV700 but my vote could have gone to Safari as well. Only thing that tips the scale towards XUV700 for me is the fact that I own XUV500 and have relatively fuss free ownership experience and happy with service centers as well.

Otherwise the perfect car for me would be Safari looks with XUV700 engine and refinement.
Old 10th November 2023, 00:50   #23
BHPian

while I have a lot of fun watching these polls, real life sales (Sept'23 (September 2023 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Anaysis)) data indicates something else.

Car name <> Sept'23 Sales figure <> Votes on this thread as of 10th nov

1. Scorpio - 11,846 (but includes Classic and Scorpio N numbers together) - 21
2. XUV7OO - 8,555 - 79
3. Alcazar - 1,977 - 3
4. Carens - 4330 - 3
5. Hector - 2,653 (but includes Hector and Hector Plus both) - 1
6. Innova - 8900 - 26
7. Safari - 516 (the number is lower due to new model launch in near future, the peak figure b/w apr'23 and sep'23 is 2,029 in apr'23) - 79

While Safari and XUV7OO go head to head on TBHP poll, Scorpio (classic and N) is the real winner in this segment. This goes on to show how enthusiasts differ from regular (and much bigger pool of) car purchasers.
LordSharan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 00:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukarmohan View Post
Voted for others - Jeep Compass. Solidly built car with great driving dynamics. No other cars in the list have greater highway stability than Compass. And now after the launch of new AT variant, it is affordable to many.
The base variant Compass Diesel 4x2 AT costs 31 lakh on-road Bangalore. The Limited variant with 6 airbags is 36 lakhs. So, I don't understand how it is affordable. In comparison, the top-end XUV700 AX7-L Diesel AT costs 32 lakhs.
I did a TD of both these vehicles back to back yesterday and rejected the Compass straight away. The engine felt so unrefined when compared to the XUV 700, which itself is not a benchmark for refinement.
Jaguar is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 08:32   #25
BHPian

It's neck and neck between Safari and the XUV700. Not sure if the same will reflect on the sales numbers. But Safari with just one engine option competing against a comprehensive list of competitors shows the amount of effort and focus being put by Tata Motors in these twins.
Old 11th November 2023, 07:04   #26
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Considering the fact that the Tata Safari is the facelift and the new car on the block, it drawing votes neck and neck with the Mahindra XUV700 showing the immense popularity of the XUV700. Moreover among the options listed, moreover if you go by sales numbers, there too the Mahindras (XUV700 and Scorpio/Scorpio-N) that have a better chunk of the market share.

Usually, when a new car/ facelift rolls out, votes are usually in its favour, but sales numbers definitely needn't be, with the Safari, even the votes are neck and neck, so ideally I don't see a major spike in the sales charts.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 07:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Safari without a doubt especially after the recent update. It looks smashing inside and out and has all the features and equipment you will ever need.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 21:07   #28
BHPian

Any day it’s Crysta. Reliable, Safety and Spacious, when compared to the competition. A proven mile muncher that can trusted for a million kilometres.
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 21:33   #29
BHPian

I just broke the 97-97 tie between Safari and XUV700

I am a Mahindra-convert now, after I cancelled my Grand Vitara booking and got the Scorpio N Petrol. Objectively, 700 looks more organic and robust while Safari is just an afterthought of the Harrier. Performance of the mStallion engine is stupendous.

Harrier on its own is a beautiful crossover

Last edited by NT_GT : 15th November 2023 at 21:36.
Old 15th November 2023, 23:44   #30
BHPian

Safari facelift looks absolutely killer with those 19" wheels while XUV 700, on the contrary looks just dull in comparison. Safari also has better 3rd row and now more features. It's, in my opinion, the best 7-seater SUV below 35lacs. Hence voted for it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks