Kia Carens 5 1.59%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 28 8.92%
Toyota Innova Crysta 42 13.38%
Others (please specify in your post) 8 2.55%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2023, 23:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Facelift vs Mahindra XUV700 vs MG Hector Plus vs Hyundai Alcazar vs Others

For me, the battle is between the Tata Safari and Mahindra XUV700. The facelift has brought back the Safari as a much better package than before. Plus, I fell for the design of the Safari and design plays a major part in swaying me towards a car. In spite of this, I would choose the Mahindra. Partly because of the valid points that others mentioned. And mainly because of this - unsynchronized turn indicators in the Tata. With this issue, Tata has proved that it is indeed the world class expert in revolutionizing niggles never seen before in the automotive world. Ever.

Pay close attention to nothing but the hazards:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxXszRxQB...niMrbTXB3VWEFI

Jokes apart, I REALLY hope that this is a one-off case. I cannot explain how hard this triggered my OCD.
Old 16th November 2023, 11:26   #32
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Facelift vs Mahindra XUV700 vs MG Hector Plus vs Hyundai Alcazar vs Others

Compared cheapest / entry level 7 seater Automatic variants of Safari and XUV 700, whenever in future I will start exploring for new car, this will be my criteria.

For Safari its Pure Plus AT (*around 23.30 on road)
For XUV 700 its AX 5 Diesel AT 7 seater. (*around 23.64 on road)

*Source: Carwale, city Ahmadabad

Additional features available in Safari over XUV

Automatic Climate Control
2 additional airbags
Cruise Control

Additional features available in XUV over Safari
Panoramic Sunroof

If one wants sunroof in Safari, its available in next variant Pure Plus S AT with approx. 1 lac plus additional, but for XUV, next is W7 is fully loaded but costs approx. 3 lacs more over W5.

So Safari AT looks more VFM if one doesn’t want ADAS.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 16th November 2023 at 11:27.
Vishal.R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 00:12   #33
BHPian

I am in the market for a spacious SUV but this NCR scenario has forced logical me to consider only Petrol Engines.

In case Safari was offered with Petrol Engines ,it would have been a close fight but as of now ,it’s XUV 700.

Perhaps for NCR guys looking for a 7 seater ,dilemma boils down to Innova Hycross Vs XUV700.
Old 20th November 2023, 20:33   #34

Personally, I will vote for Safari. I've gone ahead and booked Safari facelift, even though I had booked XUV 700 AX7 L AT 6 months back. I had enlisted around 80+ use cases against which I compared both of them - XUV and Safari. And it was almost a tie, few use cases were not fulfilled by XUV and Safari failed to fulfill few. So at the end of the day I went ahead with my heart. Safari has been my dream car since college days.

In short, when I had booked XUV, it had duel AC, level 2 ADAS and very light steering wheel. Safari lacked all these, especially electronic steering wheel. But XUV did not have Ventilates seats, auto IRVM and early date of delivery. And Safari had these. In the facelift these have been addressed. And personally I don't think I'm paying exorbitant high price for these features in Safari. So my vote is for Safari facelift.
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:04   #35
BHPian

Voted for Crysta

I previously owned the Crysta for four years between 2015 to 2019. Since then owned the Tata Hexa XTA and now I have the Safari XZA Plus since 2022.

If given the choice now, I'd pick the Crysta again in a heartbeat. Forget about sunroofs, cooled seats, gizmos and fancy music system.

The sheer reassuring reliability and comfort of the Innova is in a different league and oh, one thing most don't realize is when it comes to the real rough stuff, a ladder frame rear wheel drive is always going to be superior to Monocoque front wheel drive.
Old 15th January 2024, 17:48   #36

Dilemma Unveiled: A Quest Between Tata Safari's Service Conundrum and Innova's Pricy Waiting Game

Hello fellow Team-BHPian’s, this is my first post on the forum and I am really excited to be here. I apologize for the long post in advance. I also request the mods to shift this to any appropriate thread if I’ve posted it in the wrong one.
I am in a major dilemma of my upcoming car purchase. I am looking for a 7 seater SUV/MPV around the 35L price range.

Basic Requirements:
1. 6/7 seater (7 preferred)
2. A good safety rating since it’s a family car
3. Automatic Transmission since I stay in traffic friendly city ‘Pune’
4. Good Spacious interior
5. Hi Tech Features
6. Ventilated Seats
7. Sunroof (My little sisters wish)

My Garage and Backstory:
I currently own a Maruti Ertiga VDI 2012. It is the only car in the family since my dad was the only one driving until now. I just turned 18 in June ‘23 and got my licence ASAP. He still drives it work and back daily (30km daily). It is also used for all Sunday runs and road trips to Lonavala, Mumbai etc. Thankfully it has been super reliable and neve broken down or left us stranded.

I feel its time for an upgrade since the car getting quite old and it’s a manual. My dad and I both get tired driving in Pune’s Infamous Traffic. The requirement for an automatic along with another car for us which I can use. We also feel a bit ashamed to go to fancy restaurants and 5-star hotels in 12-year-old Ertiga now.

We are still going to keep the Ertiga rather than selling it because my dad will use it to go to work. He does not want to use the new car since it will be parked on the road for 8 hours at a stretch. It will also be used to run errands while the new car will be used for road trips and Sunday drives.

Options Considered:
1. Tata Safari Accomplished+ DT (AT): This is the car which my mom, dad and I have loved. The 2023 facelift bring wonderful interiors, a very attractive exterior and plenty of features which I adore. I am almost convinced to go with car but the Tata ASS horrifies me. Any 2023 Tata Safari Owner please provide feedback on if I should continue with the car.

Showroom and TD Experience: My family and I headed to Dev Tata, SB Road yesterday at 11.30am and the salesperson attended me immediately. She asked us to wait while another salesman approched and spoke to us. We asked for a test drive and he promply made the gate pass and got the key. The ride quality was amazing and my parents really liked the comfort level in the middle row seats. I got a long test drive for around 2-3kms. The AC was very efficient for such a big car. The salesman was very well educated about the features of the car and was helping us in every aspect. After the test drive he gave us the variant wise price list and suggested for the variant according to our requiments. He gave us detailss of the accesories and waiting period. I expected long wait times and neglected customer service but it was the complete opposite.

2. Toyota Innova HyCross VX(O)/ZX: I always felt that the Hycross is surviving only because of the ‘INNOVA’ badge. The cost cutting is extremely evident which is not meant to be for a 38L car. The plastic quality is pathetic and easily scratchable. The features are more than any Toyota but that does not justify the price. The interior was not very luxurious which is expected at the price which it comes at. Also, Toyota is continuously hiking the prices of the Hycross like there is no limit. I was looking for the VX(O) and ZX variants but the main features like the ottoman and ventilated seats were missing in the VX(O). The ZX bookings have been stopped since April ’23 and no idea of when they will resume.

Showroom and TD Experience: I visit Shaw Toyota, SB Road at 10.30 am on Sunday and the receptionist asked me if I have a salesman allotted. I had one allotted because I had booked the test drive in advance. The salesman was hardly interested in dealing with us. He was half asleep the whole time. When asked for the test drive, he took us for a 100m test drive. When we requested for a longer one, he refused. He was least interested in showing us the features of the car, only did after us telling him. After the test drive he told said that the waiting period is 1 year for VX(O) and there is no guarantee about the delivery in 2024 and also until mid-2025.
I expected a good showroom experience but it was the opposite. Really disappointed with the showroom and TD experience.

3. Mahindra XUV700: Did not visit the showroom or take a TD because I felt that the car does not have core features which we want like ventilated seats, auto dimming IRVM, and middle row adjustable seats.

Options Not Considered:
1. MG Hector: Absence of the Diesel AT was the main reason for the rejection. The petrol AT is a major fuel guzzler. Also, my dad wanted to avoid a Chinese brand because we are not sure how long will MG survive in India.
2. Hyundai Alcazar: Too small for our requirements. It is probably the same size (or maybe smaller) than my current ertiga which would feel like a downgrade more than an upgrade. Also, the poor safety ratings of Hyundai kept me away.
3. Innova Crysta: Not at all interested in the crysta because of the lack of features and the ‘TAXI’ status.
4. Mahindra Scorpio N: I personally do not like the interior of the scorpio. Also the looks are not to my liking. The sideways opening boot and the absence of a rear split seat also kept me away.
5. Maruti Invicto: I don’t want another Maruti and also specially not a copied one. Either get the original or don’t get it. Also, the smaller wheels and lack of ottoman is a major put off.

Final Verdict: I am seriously thinking about getting the Tata Safari, but I just need some feedback on the ASS. The breakdown and reliability issues scare my family and me. Otherwise, I really love the car and ready to book it. The waiting time promised is also 25-40 days for the Accomplished+.
If any fellow BHPian has purchased a Harrier/Safari from Dev Motors, Pune please give me a review on whether I should go ahead with the purchase, and how is the quality of the service there.
Old 15th January 2024, 22:08   #37
BANNED

Re: Dilemma Unveiled: A Quest Between Tata Safari's Service Conundrum and Innova's Pricy Waiting Gam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
Hello fellow Team-BHPian’s, this is my first post on the forum and I am really excited to be here. I apologize for the long post in advance. I also request the mods to shift this to any appropriate thread if I’ve posted it in the wrong one.
I am in a major dilemma of my upcoming car purchase. I am looking for a 7 seater SUV/MPV around the 35L price range.

Basic Requirements:
1. 6/7 seater (7 preferred)
2. A good safety rating since it’s a family car
3. Automatic Transmission since I stay in traffic friendly city ‘Pune’
4. Good Spacious interior
5. Hi Tech Features
6. Ventilated Seats
7. Sunroof (My little sisters wish)

My Garage and Backstory:
I currently own a Maruti Ertiga VDI 2012. It is the only car in the family since my dad was the only one driving until now. I just turned 18 in June ‘23 and got my licence ASAP. He still drives it work and back daily (30km daily). It is also used for all Sunday runs and road trips to Lonavala, Mumbai etc. Thankfully it has been super reliable and neve broken down or left us stranded.

I feel its time for an upgrade since the car getting quite old and it’s a manual. My dad and I both get tired driving in Pune’s Infamous Traffic. The requirement for an automatic along with another car for us which I can use. We also feel a bit ashamed to go to fancy restaurants and 5-star hotels in 12-year-old Ertiga now.

We are still going to keep the Ertiga rather than selling it because my dad will use it to go to work. He does not want to use the new car since it will be parked on the road for 8 hours at a stretch. It will also be used to run errands while the new car will be used for road trips and Sunday drives.

Options Considered:
1. Tata Safari Accomplished+ DT (AT): This is the car which my mom, dad and I have loved. The 2023 facelift bring wonderful interiors, a very attractive exterior and plenty of features which I adore. I am almost convinced to go with car but the Tata ASS horrifies me. Any 2023 Tata Safari Owner please provide feedback on if I should continue with the car.

Showroom and TD Experience: My family and I headed to Dev Tata, SB Road yesterday at 11.30am and the salesperson attended me immediately. She asked us to wait while another salesman approched and spoke to us. We asked for a test drive and he promply made the gate pass and got the key. The ride quality was amazing and my parents really liked the comfort level in the middle row seats. I got a long test drive for around 2-3kms. The AC was very efficient for such a big car. The salesman was very well educated about the features of the car and was helping us in every aspect. After the test drive he gave us the variant wise price list and suggested for the variant according to our requiments. He gave us detailss of the accesories and waiting period. I expected long wait times and neglected customer service but it was the complete opposite.

2. Toyota Innova HyCross VX(O)/ZX: I always felt that the Hycross is surviving only because of the ‘INNOVA’ badge. The cost cutting is extremely evident which is not meant to be for a 38L car. The plastic quality is pathetic and easily scratchable. The features are more than any Toyota but that does not justify the price. The interior was not very luxurious which is expected at the price which it comes at. Also, Toyota is continuously hiking the prices of the Hycross like there is no limit. I was looking for the VX(O) and ZX variants but the main features like the ottoman and ventilated seats were missing in the VX(O). The ZX bookings have been stopped since April ’23 and no idea of when they will resume.

Showroom and TD Experience: I visit Shaw Toyota, SB Road at 10.30 am on Sunday and the receptionist asked me if I have a salesman allotted. I had one allotted because I had booked the test drive in advance. The salesman was hardly interested in dealing with us. He was half asleep the whole time. When asked for the test drive, he took us for a 100m test drive. When we requested for a longer one, he refused. He was least interested in showing us the features of the car, only did after us telling him. After the test drive he told said that the waiting period is 1 year for VX(O) and there is no guarantee about the delivery in 2024 and also until mid-2025.
I expected a good showroom experience but it was the opposite. Really disappointed with the showroom and TD experience.

3. Mahindra XUV700: Did not visit the showroom or take a TD because I felt that the car does not have core features which we want like ventilated seats, auto dimming IRVM, and middle row adjustable seats.

Options Not Considered:
1. MG Hector: Absence of the Diesel AT was the main reason for the rejection. The petrol AT is a major fuel guzzler. Also, my dad wanted to avoid a Chinese brand because we are not sure how long will MG survive in India.
2. Hyundai Alcazar: Too small for our requirements. It is probably the same size (or maybe smaller) than my current ertiga which would feel like a downgrade more than an upgrade. Also, the poor safety ratings of Hyundai kept me away.
3. Innova Crysta: Not at all interested in the crysta because of the lack of features and the ‘TAXI’ status.
4. Mahindra Scorpio N: I personally do not like the interior of the scorpio. Also the looks are not to my liking. The sideways opening boot and the absence of a rear split seat also kept me away.
5. Maruti Invicto: I don’t want another Maruti and also specially not a copied one. Either get the original or don’t get it. Also, the smaller wheels and lack of ottoman is a major put off.

Final Verdict: I am seriously thinking about getting the Tata Safari, but I just need some feedback on the ASS. The breakdown and reliability issues scare my family and me. Otherwise, I really love the car and ready to book it. The waiting time promised is also 25-40 days for the Accomplished+.
If any fellow BHPian has purchased a Harrier/Safari from Dev Motors, Pune please give me a review on whether I should go ahead with the purchase, and how is the quality of the service there.
Hi there! I am planning to buy the new Safari Accomplished plus AT too, however, have the same could concerns as you
Just hope our fellow BHP-ians here are able to share their valuable advice
Old 16th January 2024, 11:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dilemma Unveiled: A Quest Between Tata Safari's Service Conundrum and Innova's Pricy Waiting Gam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
My suggestion would be to look out for another Tata showroom/dealer to get a comparison quote and the discounts offered, so that you can pitch the dealers for the best value. Hope you are not fixated with Dev Motors.

All the 3 shortlisted cars are very apt for your requirements and looking at your post it looks like you are clealry leaning over on the Safari. My BIL had bought a Safari (pre facelift) last year and the I couldn't agree less with your experience of Test drive.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 10:58   #39

Quote:
My suggestion would be to look out for another Tata showroom/dealer to get a comparison quote and the discounts offered, so that you can pitch the dealers for the best value. Hope you are not fixated with Dev Motors.
Thank you for that tip. I did call up other dealers to get a quote and one offered me a 50k discount while Dev Motors is only offering 20k. I'll speak to him to match the price. I'll be clear with him about my talks with other dealers and if he matches the price I'll book the car with him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks