Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: New Harrier or New Safari (as per my need)
Harrier 22 26.51%
Safari 7 seater 61 73.49%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 11:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Versus Tata Safari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Sales guy is saying he will check for 2023 models and try for any discounts if possible. Should I go for the 2023 model or stick to the 2024 model ? Does the year make a difference somehow ?
Generally, resale value takes a hit with old stock cars. But it does not matter if you plan to keep the car for long, say 5 years or more. Here's a thread related to this:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ring-date.html (ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date)

IIRC the car was launched in October. So you may consider a 2023 model if the discount offered is in excess of 50k. As suggested above, be extra careful during the PDI.

Last edited by self_driven : 5th January 2024 at 11:25.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 12:31   #17
BHPian

The discount offered is on a Safari Dark edition with a discount of around 25k
30.90L was offered for dark edition on-road
Old 5th January 2024, 13:44   #18
BHPian

If anyone is deciding between the Safari and the Harrier with a requirement of only a 5 seater then go with the Harrier. Those who claim that the boot space is more on the Safari are wrong. The boot space on the Harrier(445L) is much more than that of the Safari(420L) even with the 3rd row down.
Go with the Safari only if you require the third row of seating or you need a 4 seater for the most part. Why did I say 4 seater? The captain seats on the Safari are super comfy and they have ventilated seats for those seats as well, which is a major plus. 5 people can be accommodated with the captain seat config, but again, luggage space will be compromised and the 5th person will have to share their space with the loaded luggage.
HighOnSpeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 14:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The discount offered is on a Safari Dark edition with a discount of around 25k
Nah, in that case it's better to go for 2024 in the colour of your choice.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 11:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I would suggest Harrier since your basic requirement is a 5 seater and it ticks most of the boxes. The advantage of Harrier is a huge boot which can accommodate lot of luggage. The new Facelift version is loaded with all gizmos too.

My BIL owns a Safari and he does feel the pinch due to small boot when 7 people occupy the seats.
I would second Ghodlur here. If the requirement is for 5 folks, go for the Harrier and enjoy the huge boot. The 5th person in the Safari on a long trip may not have enough leg room. Moreover, with one seat down, you still won't have a huge boot space in the Safari.
Old 25th January 2024, 14:06   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I love the looks of Harrier but Safari is more practical.

The white interior of Safari looks very posh and premium. Though maintaining it is a big deal.

So, It depends.

Looks + city driving (highways with 5 on board) => Harrier (heart)

Practicality + brand => Safari (Mind)

I will go with my heart
Old 27th January 2024, 21:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
The boot is comparatively less than Harrier.
I don’t think many people noticed this about the boot space of the Harrier and Safari. The Harrier actually has 25L more than the Safari. This must be the space that the third-row seats have taken up. Also, when the third-row seats are folded down, it’s not completely flat; there’s a 11-degree inclination.

2023 Tata Harrier Versus Tata Safari?-screenshot-20240127-9.32.128239pm.png

2023 Tata Harrier Versus Tata Safari?-20231110_181747.jpg
Source: Spaceunicorn

I bought the Safari because I needed a 7-seater. The Harrier is a much better-looking vehicle for my taste and I prefer the software UI and ambient lighting brightness of the Harrier. Go with the one your gut tells you to. Darker shade seats won't require much maintenance I am struggling a bit to keep the stains off after each trip.

Last edited by hAwX : 27th January 2024 at 21:40.
Old 1st March 2024, 18:09   #23
BHPian

Hello everyone,
A quick update, I just got my Accomplished + Stardust Ash delivered last night. It was supposed to be delivered in the afternoon but the loan formalities took a lot of time and the dealer did not budge before the disbursement. So picked it up in the night around 8:00
The delivery was very uneventful, nothing too special. Cut a small cake which we forgot at the dealership, compulsory temple visit (considering TATA) and fuel top-up was done. Still have to explore the cars in detail. Will take a few days. Hopefully all is well at the end.

2023 Tata Harrier Versus Tata Safari?-front.jpg
2023 Tata Harrier Versus Tata Safari?-side-2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks