Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 15:07   #16
BHPian

On another note, when I bought the SX4, I traded in my old zen lx with true value guys..

They offered me 1.95 for Zen LX Dec. 2003, Sony Audio (Cassatte), Autocop center lock

What do you guys think.. If this was a good offer ?

Also got approx 5k discount on the SX4 in terms of tank full of fuel and other goodies
Old 24th August 2007, 10:29   #17
BHPian

I bought a Safari Lx as recent as 15 days ago. I had gone through the same confusion. If you want to go for the safari, go for the DICOR else I think you should not think of Safari. I feel even my 3 litre Dicor is slightly undepowered.
Old 11th September 2007, 10:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

So MG, where do you stand now or have you already bought/ booked something(DICOR/TCIC) ???
Old 11th September 2007, 10:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramkumar View Post
I bought a Safari Lx as recent as 15 days ago. I had gone through the same confusion. If you want to go for the safari, go for the DICOR else I think you should not think of Safari. I feel even my 3 litre Dicor is slightly undepowered.
Wow, you were able to overcome the temptation to wait for 2.2L, not bad. In fact I too felt the Dicor to be little underpowered while negotiating the incline towards my office, but I am too used to petrols.
Old 11th September 2007, 10:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In fact I too felt the Dicor to be little underpowered while negotiating the incline towards my office, but I am too used to petrols.

You ARE too used to petrols. The Dicor will take any slope your car could, and then some. You just need to get adjusted to the narrowband diesel engine.

Ask the guys who came to the recent meet in Kerala - the Dicor stayed ahead of all the (petrol and diesel) cars and MUVs on the climb, without even pushing it.

PS: Just in case this post is misinterpreted, I would like to clarify that climbing ability is normally linked to Torque and not BHP. The Dicor has bucketloads of Torque. If you'd mentioned its slow off the block or lacks top-speed, I would'nt have disagreed. However when you mention inclines, that is what the vehicle does best and its pulling ability is what makes it so usable off-road. Again, while the vehicle can never hold a candle to cars like the one you've compared to in standing starts, it will hold its own when the comparison is for roll-on acceleration figures, particularly 80-120.

Last edited by Steeroid : 11th September 2007 at 10:57.
Old 11th September 2007, 11:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

IMO, he has made a sensible decision, TATA is playing fluffer's with their waiting customers wrt to 2.2l.

Temptation is not that strong too, that cant be overcome. We only know the specs of this engine and no real life performance figures, might turn out to be a dampener in the end. (I believe the same happenned with 3.0l engine too, before/after it was launched)

2.2l > 3.0l > TCIC, but will it be up-to-the-mark ???.

Hope ppl realise this sooner or later.

Quote:
Wow, you were able to overcome the temptation to wait for 2.2L, not bad. In fact I too felt the Dicor to be little underpowered while negotiating the incline towards my office, but I am too used to petrols.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramkumar View Post
">" = "better"

Last edited by dadu : 11th September 2007 at 11:12.
Old 11th September 2007, 11:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have driven Both DICOR (new) & TCIC ( a used one but relatively new).
DICOR is for better than TCIC in terms of power, torque.
Go for a DICOR , the extra lakh u spend is really worth.
I feel the mileage of DICOR is better than TCIC ( say 1 kmpl extra).
TCIC may be phased out once 2.2L is launched
Old 11th September 2007, 12:10   #23
BHPian

If you are detemined to buy a safari even I think you should get decent test rides on both the models and decide yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Mahesh,
...get the 4wd Scorpio Getway and that is a good vehicle too, Atleast better than Safari as far as maintainence is concerned.

We had both - a safari(TCIC 4X4) and a scorpio (2WD), in the family untill 2006 and compared to the scorpio, the safari was always troublesome and quite high on maintenance. i think you should talk to more safari owners on that front too...
Old 12th September 2007, 11:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just came across this well written piece on Diesels and Turbos by Tadukuttan, and I had to post it here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/283989-post32.html
Old 12th September 2007, 11:29   #25
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Steer, as I admitted already I am not familiar enough with Diesel engine to judge the power delivery correctly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks