Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Mahindra XUV 3XO variant would you buy?
MX1 2 1.83%
MX2 1 0.92%
MX2 Pro 10 9.17%
MX3 1 0.92%
MX3 Pro 4 3.67%
AX5 33 30.28%
AX5 L 34 31.19%
AX7 7 6.42%
AX7 L 17 15.60%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 18:53   #1
BHPian

Mahindra XUV 3XO | Which variant would you buy & why?

Mahindra XUV 3XO | Which variant would you buy & why?-2024_mahindra_xuv3xo_exterior_01.jpg

Mahindra launched the much-awaited facelift of the XUV 300, now called the XUV 3XO. It features an all-new design, interiors and technology, that feels inspired by the larger XUV 700. There are 3 engine options with manual and automatic options. You get a 1.5-litre, 115 BHP, diesel engine mated to a 6-speed MT with the option of an AMT. Then you have a 110 BHP, 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine with Multipoint Fuel Injection (MPFI) mated to 6-speed MT or the new 6-speed AT. Finally, you have the 129 BHP, 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine with Gasoline Direct injection (GDi) mated to a 6-speed MT or the 6-speed AT. Read our detailed review here.

The XUV 3XO is being offered in a total of 9 variants. Here's a deep dive into all the variants to help you identify the most valuable trim for your preferences.

Mahindra XUV 3XO | Which variant would you buy & why?-variantbreakdown.jpg

Trims Breakdown

MX1

Top Features
- Halogen Projector Headlamps
- LED DRLs
- LED Taillamps
- 6 Airbags
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- 16-inch Steel Wheels
- Engine start/stop
- Front Armrest
- Rear AC Vents
- 60:40 Split Rear Seats
- Adjustable Headrest for Second Row Seats

MX2

Top Features Over MX1
- 10.25-inch Infotainment
- 4-Speaker Audio
- Steering-mounted Controls
- Remote Keyless Entry

MX2 Pro

Top Features Over MX2
- Single-pane Sunroof
- Wheel Covers

MX3

Top Features Over MX2
- 10.25-inch HD Infotainment
- Wireless Android Auto
- Wired Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Wireless Phone Charger

MX3 Pro

Top Features Over MX3
- Bi-LED Projector Headlamps
- Rear LED Light Bar

AX5

Top Features Over MX3 Pro
- 10.25-inch Digital Instrument Cluster
- Adrenox Connected Car Technology
- 16-inch Diamond-cut Alloys
- Dual-zone Climate Control
- Rear-view Camera
- Push Button Start/Stop
- TPMS
- Height-adjustable Driver Seat
- Rear Wiper, Washer & Defogger
- 6 Speaker Audio

AX5 L

Top Features Over AX5
- Level 2 ADAS
- 360-degree Camera
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Cooled glove box

AX7

Top Features Over AX5
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Harman Kardon Audio
- Amplifier & Subwoofer
- Leatherette Upholstery
- 17-inch Diamond-cut Alloys
- Front Parking Sensors
- 65W USB-C Fast Charger

AX7 L

Top Features Over AX7
- Level 2 ADAS
- 360-degree Camera
- Electronic Parking Brake

Conclusion

With these many variants to choose from, it is a bit tricky to find the right variant for you. The AX5 variant delivers exceptional value, offering both petrol and diesel engines with manual or automatic transmissions. You get a dual-display setup, dual-zone climate control, and a height-adjustable driver's seat. If you have finalised the turbo-petrol engine, you should definitely consider spending an additional additional Rs 1.30 lakh and going for the AX5 L variant. This upgrade makes a lot of sense as you get a more powerful engine, level 2 ADAS, 360-degree camera, and an electronic parking brake as well.

Do you think that AX5 is the most value-for-money variant? Also if you had to buy the Mahindra XUV 3XO, which variant would you pick?
Ripcord09 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 18:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV 3XO | Which variant would you buy & why?

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 19:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer the MX3 Diesel, since that has the features that I want, and which are hard if not impossible to retrofit, ie the cruise control, and the rear wash wiper.
Old 23rd May 2024, 20:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

AX5 6AT turbo petrol(MPFI) would be my pick as it has everything that I would need and some more.

Even that's ~15L OTR Bangalore.

I know it has the 110PS only but any higher than 15L OTR and I would probably start looking at Elevate/Seltos segment.

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd May 2024 at 20:36.
SoumenD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 21:29   #5
BHPian

My pick will be AX5 Diesel 6MT for Non NCR registration and heavy usage requirement. It has all the necessary features at the right price point and hits the sweet spot.

Mahindra petrols and AMT is not going to blow anyone away even though I considered XUV300 in that avatar in the past.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 21:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
AX5 6AT turbo petrol(MPFI) would be my pick as it has everything that I would need and some more.

Even that's ~15L OTR Bangalore.

I know it has the 110PS only but any higher than 15L OTR and I would probably start looking at Elevate/Seltos segment.
Same here.

Plus the fact that the TGDi, although more powerful on paper than the MPFI, does not for some reason translate to vast real world performance upgrade. Infact , most 0-100 kmph runs on the TGDi I have seen have been quite disappointing (ranging from 14 to 17 seconds). Also, it seems that TCMPfi is better tuned for city driving than the TGDi.

So AX5 (highest trim with TCMPFI) gets my vote.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 22:44   #7
BHPian

I believe that it's worth considering the top-end model of any car, but when it comes to the XUV 3xo, I think the AX5 L or AX5 would suffice. Both models are well-equipped and offer all the features that an average person would require.
vattyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 01:12   #8
BHPian

Voted what I booked: the AX5.

It has almost all the creature comforts and tech the series has to offer without being overtly expensive or excessive.

6 speakers though not Harmon Kardon sound quite decent, black fabric seats which seem easier to maintain (plus can always go for the official accessories white/ivory seat covers if needed), a sunroof that’s big enough for our weather, 6 airbags and rear camera and parking sensors.

I personally don’t feel the need for a 360 camera or front parking sensors for a car this size, nor does the electric parking brake or cooled glove box make me want to go for the AX5 L. And the AX7 & AX7L seem more like a little extra topping and exotic flavourings rather than a completely different flavour. Branded speakers, larger sunroof, larger tyres etc. don’t seem that big a deal since the Adrenox system and the engine and seats and safety tech equipment etc all stay the same.

The AX7L only makes sense if it’s about getting the top spec model of a car, more psychological than anything else. Nice but not necessary.

The AX5 seems the smart choice IMHO.
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 01:37   #9
BHPian

Voted for mx1 variant. It comes only with the 1.2 MPFI.

Reasons being, I believe there's still some years of manual left in me and I can't fully enjoy an automatic. My altroz diesel (3.5 years and 64k km) is developing some niggles and I am planning to let it go, preferably before any facelift is announced. So, MX1 is an easy upgrade.

Sure i would miss a lot of features, but the safety is all covered except the rear defoggers and wipers, for which I will be looking at aftermarket options. Mahindra isn't good with electronics, so aftermarket solutions would work in favour. Be it the speakers, infotainment, steering mounted controls or rear camera. I only have to make do without the height adjust driver seat.

I will take a test drive, and if I like it, I will book it.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 05:04   #10
BHPian

MX2 pro AT petrol.
By far the most vfm variant, the price premium among trim levels for AT is lowest and just might be the best Petrol automatic in terms of drivability at 10 lakhs ex showroom price point.

Might just book it tomorrow!
VaibhavShatna95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:53   #11
BHPian

I have booked MX2 Pro AT but voted for AX5 AT as that is the complete package.
Old 24th May 2024, 12:11   #12

AX5 PETROL AT seems most desirable & VFM in the lot. That's the max you should spend for sub 4 meter car. If you go beyond that, it's better to go for CRETA-SELTOS-ELEVATE category.
Old 24th May 2024, 13:21   #13

I did a test drive of the Petrol automatic. The ride comfort is really good. The TC is smooth. Didn't hear much engine noise and car felt solid in the short ride I did. No vibrations filtered into the cabin. Glad i didn't proceed with the booking of Venue DCT. The AX5 and MX2 pro variants offer good value for money for automatic transmissions.
Old 24th May 2024, 14:01   #14
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

To me AX5L is the one I’d personally go for. For 1.3L extra over the AX5 you get a much better TGDi engine. It’s 21hp more, and due to having direct injection is also more fuel efficient too. Also IMO cooled glovebox should be offered from base variant upwards. Helps a lot to keep food and drinks cool.

Even if you don’t care about ADAS much, I think the 360 degree camera and the above mentioned features are worth the 1.3ish lakhs extra.

One question I have: Do the non ADAS versions have adaptive cruise control or just regular one?
Old 24th May 2024, 14:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

I'm going for the top line diesel manual with 'sky roof'. But mileage was showing less at 10KMPL, so not a frugal engine. Thinking of Black colour, but White seems practical. Confused!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks